3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Myxal Thoughts on Modifications for GK5 - Power

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member

We used a 4 wheel roller and did the pull on 3rd gear in s mode
I hope my exhaust dont get too loud with a 2 inch pipe. Stock is tiny, and yet its already quite loud with my current setup.

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Wow! The muffler change (and Knn filter) with tuning was significant. Yes, you will see a difference with the install of the RV6 pipe. Since you have tuning, definitely get a midpipe. If I was keeping the car, I'd probably go with a 2.25" instead of 2".

Good luck on your progress. I was going to say expect a 7-10whp increase with the RV6 pipe but the intake side hasn't been changed significantly. I didn't see a big measurable difference using the HKS panel filter at the track vs stock. Like 1/10-2/10ths difference quicker but I don't report that because you can get that running back to back in changing weather conditions.

Great start though and thanks for sharing dyno info.

BTW: How did you manage to dyno with your CVT? Thought it would be hard to keep it in 'gear' while on the dyno.

Old 09-23-2017, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hydesg

Stock is tiny, and yet its already quite loud with my current setup.
No worries on the mid pipe! Get one with a resonator in the same place and you will not notice a difference in sound. The biggest difference in sound is that cat converter and muffler. Not necessarily in that order. I put the largest straight through muffler I could find to quiet down the party the cat converter let through.

No cat + small straight through muffler = LOUD!!

You'll be fine with changing to a 2" B-pipe!

I hope!

Old 09-23-2017, 12:46 PM
Run #1 was just knn filter and tanabe cbe without the rv6 after tunung
So does this mean run #2 was your baseline run and run #1 was with your CBE and RV6 pipe? A 16whp difference?
Where do we find this tuning, without moving to Asia? There has gotta be some Honda tuning gurus, who can share their expertise.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member

We used a 4 wheel roller and did the pull on 3rd gear in s mode
Thanks for the new inspiration. I will be looking for a local dyno and a tuner that can tune the Ktuner. Once I do this, I'll put back on my homemade SRI-CAI, upload my old tune on 92 octane and start with that as a before dyno. All I need to break into the high 14's from my previous setup is about an additional 8whp from online calculators (Under similar conditions).

Big thanks!

Old 09-23-2017, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the new inspiration. I will be looking for a local dyno and a tuner that can tune the Ktuner. Once I do this, I'll put back on my homemade SRI-CAI, upload my old tune on 92 octane and start with that as a before dyno. All I need to break into the high 14's from my previous setup is about an additional 8whp from online calculators (Under similar conditions).

Big thanks!
Nice. Keep us updated!

Old 09-25-2017, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Myxalplyx, is there a specific part number you used for your muffler? I stopped at a local shop today and the girl at the front counter said normally she sees bills for 90-150$ for a simple muffler replacement- and then the manager said it would be $225 because of "all the extra labor in such a tight space." Of course, his ballpark for how long it would take was the same as the cashier's guess...

I think I'm going to try and do it myself. Just don't want to buy the wrong muffler to start, and if there's a specific model that will cut down the time spent looking at dimensions on the internet, it would be fantastic.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Myxalplyx, is there a specific part number you used for your muffler?
I am sorry but I don't. Originally I posted about it in this thread --> Max Flo Pro Muffler

I didn't need to post the part number because I had a picture up with the part number on the box. I should've typed it too.

It's not a pretty looking muffler. So I don't usually bother recommending something like this. I'm big on function but it can't hurt to look cool too.

I will say something that I noticed from testing this quieter max flow pro muffler vs a straight through muffler. When I ran at the track one night with the J's Racing 50R muffler, I noticed on my Torque pro software that as I was on the upper part of the track, my ignition timing dialed back slightly. It went from like 18 to 15 degrees. or 17 to 14. Something like that. I had no issues with the car at that time and it was cold. Tuned, with the Ktuner, my ignition timing usually peaks at about 18 on average. Stock on 87 octane, is around 13 degrees.

The next morning, I had the max flo pro muffler installed in place of the J's racing muffler. I went straight back to the track and ran slightly quicker times. Like 1/10th quicker but I also noticed that my ignition timing did not dial back. I posted some of the timeslips here --> Fit on Steroids

Both mufflers are just as free flowing. What I believe is that with the louder J's racing muffler, as it reached its peak in sound at wide open throttle(My intake doesn't help adding to the noise), the knock sensor got activated. Air temps were just about the same the night before and that morning. Same track! Just my observation so I'm sharing.

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-26-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for taking the time and posting this. helps, for those of us who want power and helps us skip out the stuff that may not make a noticeable diff

Old 05-18-2018, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
with the rv6 catless pipe on, does your car emit strong fumes of unburnt fuel from the tail pipe?

does that rv6 delete every cat that came with the car?

Old 05-19-2018, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
The catless RV6 does get rid of both the pieces I assume are cats on the stock downpipe. I don't notice any smell, and while that doesn't mean much because my nose is terrible, my wife is very sensitive to these things and hasn't complained yet.

If I had it to do over again, I would get the one with the cat. Not because of any caring about the environment, but in the hopes it might get rid of the raspy sound around 3500 rpm.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
with the rv6 catless pipe on, does your car emit strong fumes of unburnt fuel from the tail pipe?
Yes! My wife noticed it quickly and I take notice after she notices. This only occured during idle, like at a traffic light. She'd turn the vent to recirc when she notices.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
does that rv6 delete every cat that came with the car?
Yes! If I had to do it over again, I'd get the catted version. Remember though, I was the test fitter for the RV6 piping so there was no catted version at that time. I was very happy nevertheless since the RV6 piece came with the exhaust recirc piece, unlike my J's Racing piece which threw a exhaust recirc check engine light.