3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the third generation GK Honda Fit.

Spent a little time on the dyno... check this sheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Spent a little time on the dyno... check this sheet

We here at Art of Speed Racing got to spend a little time on the dyno with a few of our GK5 racers.
Most have no internal mods at all and make 115-120 hp with a little fuel computer, shorty race exhaust and a performance filter.
This one however, has some serious headwork, an LRPTEC intake manifold and a MoTeC M142 controlling it all.
Bottom end is totally stock. Cam is stock.
We ran the test on 98 pump gas. The light blue curve is the tune we went with. 154whp
Can't wait to fab up a proper airbox (stock one is breathing through a tiny neck), and revisit the dyno.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
That's an impressive jump, good work!

Old 01-11-2019, 10:33 AM
thats one bad a$$ manifold!

Old 01-11-2019, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
154 hp, nice

Old 01-11-2019, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Nice numbers!

That's 98 RON pump gas?

Old 01-13-2019, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Yessir,
We can't always expect to have race gas at every track we go to, so we tune to 98RON which is the best pump gas we can find in China. We'll eventually make a map for 100.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, 154 wheel hp...so around 180 crank.
The key is freeing up airflow.

1) The manifold and throttlebody are key but very obvious bottlenecks. We are making our own budget piece but the customer liked the carbon LRPTEC so much that we went with that. Glad we did. It's beautiful and the workmanship is top notch.
2) Next bottleneck is the head, so that is where we went. The intake throats are smoothed and the bowls reshaped, the exhaust is smoothed and the exhaust channels (I don't even call these conjoined things "ports") were opened substantially as was the exhaust 'EXIT'. We cut into a junked head to find the safe limits of modifications. Beware there are hidden water jackets...
3) all the valves are stainless steel, flat-faced, back-cut, swirl polished and the exhaust valves are 2mm larger in diameter. This meant that we had to replace the seats with larger pieces. The exhaust ports are opened up to suit...which is to say substantially.

This is where we found power.
Had the first shakedown run today...car is quick.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CarbonTek
3) all the valves are stainless steel, flat-faced, back-cut, swirl polished and the exhaust valves are 2mm larger in diameter. This meant that we had to replace the seats with larger pieces. The exhaust ports are opened up to suit...which is to say substantially.
Where did you get the bigger valves + seats?

Old 01-20-2019, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
So what will this mean for the North American market Honda Fit? Could we purchased an upgraded intake manifold, throttle body and head work from you guys? If so, how much would it be and how soon? Thanks!

Old 01-22-2019, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
anyone else notice the custom grille scoop? its not pretty, but I dig it!

KEVIN, I bet you can appreciate that attn to detail!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
anyone else notice the custom grille scoop? its not pretty, but I dig it!

KEVIN, I bet you can appreciate that attn to detail!
Evil, that's friggin' awesome. Should be pretty effective vs stock setup. Big Kudos!

Old 02-04-2019, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
I found a company out of Turkey that is porting the GK heads, installing the bigger valves and porting the stock intake manifold. I think the estimate I was looking at was $2,000 for all the work. I am going to do a build with all that on top of 12.5:1 pistons, and I have already said I could hit 200 crank hp this way. People said not possible, but it's going to happen. Add in a flexfuel sensor and a tune. Watch out Civic SIs....

Old 02-06-2019, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
@CarbonTek, did you guys find any limitations on the fuel system? What % duty cycle are the injectors up to on your 154hp tune? I am worried because I suspect I may have to buy a larger fuel pump as well as injectors if I go to flex-fuel (E85). Thanks for any information you can share.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
There was a thread last year where someone put a Civic turbo on their GK, and ran at least 5 psi with stock fuel system on a ktuner. Based on that I have to think you'd be fine.

Edit- here it is, claimed 30% fuel headroom on 5psi.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...urbo-done.html

Last edited by hasdrubal; 02-07-2019 at 01:49 AM. Reason: link added
Old 02-07-2019, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks hasdrubal, I forgot about this one. One more piece of the puzzle... Kind of makes me want to rethink my build haha... That kid is going the right way with forged rods and lower compression pistons, same thing we used to do on the 4G63 motors, put the 8.8:1 2G pistons on the 1G rods and pump up the boost on the turbo side... Also just running a thicker wire to the fuel pump for increased voltage gave a corollary increase in fuel pressure. Easy to do with just adding in a relay off the accessory side of the alternator... Cheers!

Old 02-21-2019, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Hi! I can't remember what the duty cycle was, but it was not a concern to our tuner at all. We've got more ceiling. I know that we can get more out of this engine for sure... and I expect that this year we will.
We're still on stock bore, stock pistons, stock rods, stock cams and a stock airbox (next bottle neck to go) for that pull.
This car is nasty quick for a 1.5 though, and it is mated to a Holinger 6spd sequential, so it sounds amazing.

Old 02-21-2019, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, that transmisson cost more than my whole fit brand new! ;-) Keep up the good work guys! I am focusing on getting my suspension just right at this time. I am going to delay my NA build for about six months. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Hi! I can't remember what the duty cycle was, but it was not a concern to our tuner at all. We've got more ceiling. I know that we can get more out of this engine for sure... and I expect that this year we will.
We're still on stock bore, stock pistons, stock rods, stock cams and a stock airbox (next bottle neck to go) for that pull.
This car is nasty quick for a 1.5 though, and it is mated to a Holinger 6spd sequential, so it sounds amazing.
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
So what will this mean for the North American market Honda Fit? Could we purchased an upgraded intake manifold, throttle body and head work from you guys? If so, how much would it be and how soon? Thanks!

All I previously was looking for was about 7 more horsepower for my goals when I had the Fit. So.....can anyone here (U.S.) purchase this from your company?

Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
I can't believe you got rid of your fit. What happened? Come back this fall and check up on me. I am looking to go sub 15s all motor for sure! These guys (PPR) are going to get me there. I removed the prices, they are located in Turkey...

Hello,We have for L15B;
Oversize valves with two different material Nimonic and Titanium c. Price: for Nimonic ,for Titanium c.
Regrinding camshafts (required core) Price:
Porting oem plastic intake manifold (per runner increase %9-10) required core! Price:
Cnc head with our helix design over 260cfm (required core) Price:
Assembly head and 4 angle valve job Price:
Valve guides slicone steel material Price:
Best regards.
Kaan Güvenir

Cheers, d'Art

Old 06-16-2020, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Can you replace a cvt transmission with a Holinger 6 speed sequential?

Quick Reply: Spent a little time on the dyno... check this sheet