Red H emblems - Page 2 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Old 07-08-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjpunk7 View Post
yeah, Iím gonna hold off until I find the correct size for the front. I donít want to order the rear until I know Iíve got the front covered.
Last week I picked up a 2019 Fit Sport in Platinum Pearl White.

I think some of those red JDM emblems would look awesome on the car and I am obsessed with buying a set (front, rear, and steering wheel). Has anyone "broken the code" on the huge 145mm X 120mm front emblem?

Rick
<><
Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Do you have Honda Sensing? If you do, the front emblem includes the radar assembly, so you can't really replace it AFAIK.

As far as red emblems, I would ask mr. [LegenD] in his build thread, he's all red.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ld-thread.html
Old 07-09-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Do you have Honda Sensing? If you do, the front emblem includes the radar assembly, so you can't really replace it AFAIK.

As far as red emblems, I would ask mr. [LegenD] in his build thread, he's all red.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ld-thread.html
No Honda Sensing...

"...he's all red." Funny.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
This is the first I've heard of the limitation. As an '18 EX owner with Honda Sensing, I am now sad.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM

So I just got off the phone with ICB Motorsports in Chandler AZ...

As others here have alluded to, the rear emblem for all GK Fits is the same. I believe it is ~92mm by ~75mm. I didn't ask for the part number but the link is here.

And again as others here have said, the front emblem for 2018-2019 Fits, at ~145mm by ~120mm, is evidently the biggest H emblem in the world. The dude at ICB says he believes they will have some of these gigantic emblems in stock "in about a week".

He further said that the front emblem shown here on their website IS NOT the correct size for the 2018-2019 Fits, even though the emblem description says "...for your 2015-2017 and 2018 GK Fit". I will be giving these guys a call back in a week and we'll see what they've got.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:59 PM

Did they confirm the unavailability for Honda Sensing?
Old 07-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
Sorry, I don't have Honda Sensing so I didn't ask. I will ask next time...
Old 07-09-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
The reason I say this is because the emblem/radar assembly is one piece. If you look closely you'll notice it's not really an emblem at all, it's kind of a plexiglass cover that has an H emblem behind it and the radar assembly.

From Honda Estore for my 2018 Fit EX-L:
  • Emblem, Fr. (H)(Radar)

Part Number: 75710-T5A-J61Mfg. Origin: 'MEX'
    Emission Types:
    KA - US - 49 State Spec
    • Retail price: $414.23

And I assume you don't want to stick an object directly in front of the radar. Maybe it has a dead zone and would be okay? I mean you could try it by just temporarily taping something over the front of your existing emblem.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

it's actually not one piece. if you remove the bumper, the logo is on the grill, the actual radar unit is on the radiator mount.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxryu139xx View Post
it's actually not one piece. if you remove the bumper, the logo is on the grill, the actual radar unit is on the radiator mount.
So, potentially we could separate the emblem from the front of the radar "base" and replace it with a red one? My logo isn't connected to the grill from what i can tell. The grill wraps around the emblem/logo. It would make sense that in the end you could separate it from the radar unit though. On my parts diagram there just isn't separate parts. They're probably just glued together.

I'm not taking the plunge though, lol. $419 is too risky.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

exactly how i feel. if u open up your hood and remove the radiator cover. u can see the two top pins holding in the logo. i think that may be the difference, the area behind the logo is hollow, as opposed to regular logos with a back plate to attach to.