3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Cadillac Horns

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
"Sedentary life of retirement"? Retirement has been the busiest time of my life, and that goes for all the retirees I know. I was born for retirement!

Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 PM
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!

I have the Cadillac 4-Notes on my Protege5 and miss them when I drive my Fit. I was thinking about getting some ($14 to pull them from a local junkyard myself), but I have no clue where to mount them. I would for sure do a better job wiring them, but this is what I did with my Mazda but don't know if this would work with the Fit (on radiator support behind grille).
Name:  1115131547_zpsa4bdd0aa.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  71.7 KB

I was hoping to be able to mount them facing forward like they were in the car I pulled them from, but there wasn't enough room, much like in the Fit. Mounting suggestions?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by esnave09
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC!!

I was hoping to be able to mount them facing forward like they were in the car I pulled them from, but there wasn't enough room, much like in the Fit. Mounting suggestions?
Remove the original horns behind the bumper and put them there. Someone posted pictures. That's what I'm going to do with the horns I got from College Hills Honda.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:46 PM
jhn
I just got done installing the college Hills horns. Not the funnest job out there, but my horn no longer sounds like the road runner. Thanks for the link to these!

Last edited by jhn; 01-08-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jhn
I just got done installing the college Hills horns. Not the funnest job out there, but my horn no longer sounds like the road runner. Thanks for the link to these!
And you didn't take pictures?!

I'm slowing connecting the wires for my trailer hitch lights. I'm surprised at how thin the wires are that run to the lights, and there's not much room to tap into them.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:19 PM
jhn
Naw no pics. The video is so good it covers all anyone needs to see.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by BILLBOGEY
Thank you very much for this horn idea. Bill #22335
I just received these sport horns, but no directions on installation, just an update about using only 1 bracket per horn. Too cold to try to install anyway.

Old 01-11-2015, 09:05 AM
jhn
I didn't use the brackets that came with the horns. I used the factory brackets like recommended in the video. Follow the video link and it is relatively painless.

Note: Guy in the video has a hoist and this makes it much easier to get underneath to remove the pushpins. If you don't have a hoist, I recommend oil change ramps at the least, or put it up on jackstands.

Old 01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
I didn't use the brackets that came with the horns. I used the factory brackets like recommended in the video. Follow the video link and it is relatively painless.

Note: Guy in the video has a hoist and this makes it much easier to get underneath to remove the pushpins. If you don't have a hoist, I recommend oil change ramps at the least, or put it up on jackstands.
Thanks for your post. I will watch the video and take notes. I have ramps, they came in handy installing the CURT trailer hitch. I have trim removal tools that may help. I just installed the Phillips Extreme +130 headlight bulbs. They are definitely brighter. Decided to just pull the fuse for DRLs using these bulbs.

Bill #22335

Old 01-11-2015, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BILLBOGEY
Thanks for your post. I will watch the video and take notes. I have ramps, they came in handy installing the CURT trailer hitch. I have trim removal tools that may help. I just installed the Phillips Extreme +130 headlight bulbs. They are definitely brighter. Decided to just pull the fuse for DRLs using these bulbs.

Bill #22335
I had duel beam Xenon HIDs in my previous car. Although they were brighter, when a bulb stopped working, I didn't know if it was the bulb, the ballast, or something else. I had to keep a spare set of everything on hand in case something went wrong.

As for standard replacement bulbs, I saw a comparison, and the brighter they are, the sooner they burn out. You might want to carry spares.

My son got stopped by a cop because a headlight was burned out. He had to repair it and bring the receipt to the town hall within 24 hrs. Since I always keep bulbs on hand, I didn't have a receipt. We went in, and I showed the town clerk the packaging for the bulb. She wanted a receipt. I finally persuaded her to come out and see the bulb in operation. Sometimes rules can be ridiculous.