3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Fun Topic: what other honda push start button assemblies are interchangeable with the

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Fun Topic: what other honda push start button assemblies are interchangeable with the

Hey FF Fam!
It's been a while since I posted something and wanted to start the discussion on what other push start button assemblies work with our GK5s. I am digging the illuminated push start from the latest Civic Si models and wondering if those can work.

Currently my push start is acting up and has gotten worse. I would need to tap the button multiple times until accessories > ignition turns. It's gotten so bad sometimes it take 3-5 minutes! I have read that this is common issue with the GK and HRV and a known solution is to clean the pcb board of the button with electrical spray cleaner and 1000grit paper. I figured I just replace it. I was told that the correct part number to replace it with is 35881-t5a-j02. My other concern is if every assembly has unique frequencies assigned to each key fob and that there is a requirement that only the dealership can program after replacement. Anyone have experience with this? If it is possible to replace my existing assembly with the sleeker Civic Si or even Type R version, Id go that route as opposed to the
35881-t5a-j02 part number.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. i plan on posting my 2019 build highlights for those who've been wating to hear my updates. Stay tuned, and stay safe!

Cheers

Old 01-29-2021, 07:13 PM
This is a great idea. I wonder how you would find out the information

Old 07-05-2021, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone tried this yet? I am intrested in doing the same.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MrDucky
Has anyone tried this yet? I am intrested in doing the same.
Nope. Won't work. Dimensions are different for the switches.

Old 09-16-2021, 09:27 AM
Do you think this is more of an issue with the button itself, or something happening somewhere else causing other issues (starter, etc.) to crop up as well?

I installed a remote starter in my 19 EX back in March this year (purchased the car used in Feb with around 7k miles), and I use that for probably 85% or more of my starts. I'm hoping that if the button is more of the source of the issues, this will help prolong it's life and mitigate bigger issues.. but reading through this thread, it seems to be leaning to a larger problem that just manifests itself in a few different areas, the button being one.