3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Passenger Seat Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 01:12 AM
Passenger Seat Calibration

So while hunting through the junkyard the other day looking for seats for my truck, I stumbled upon a wrecked 2016 Honda Fit with some nice leather Katzkin seat covers on the front seats and heated elements added to them. The car had been hit in the rear and the airbags had not gone off. I decided to pick them up for my wife and her 2016 Honda Fit. I also got a matching center console. Unfortunately somebody had taken the rear seats.

Anyways, I installed them and they look sweet, but I am running into an issue with the passenger seat weight sensor. Originally my scanner told me it was due to a mismatched id number. Then I switched the sws module from my old seat onto the new one. Now I have a calibration fault error. I work with load cells all the time so I am guessing they to be re-linearized and zeroed since I switched modules, but I have no clue how to do that myself. Normally the machines I work with have built in processes for this, but I doubt that is the case here. Does anybody know if there is a way, or do I have to hit up the local dealership (I really dislike them, so Id rather not...)?

Another option I thought of would be to take the load cells off the old seat and swap it to the new seat, but when I went to do that the rear load cells are in between two plastic shields and not very easily accessible. I am also a bit nervous that I will damage the load cell if I wrench on the bolts holding the seat to the load cell, which then I would have to recalibrate anyways. I figure that is why they use e-torx, to deter me from wanting to do this. I couldn't find any threads on this generation, but I was wondering if anybody here has done this before and if it worked out ok?

Does anybody have any better ideas? I never expected a direct oem swap to give me these kind of issues. I should have done my research.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:45 AM
*Update: I just took the seat cover and the cushions off and swapped them. It was easier than I had anticipated.

Next step is working on the wiring to get the heated seat elements to work. I have seen some great articles on this forum for this. The only thing I have left to figure out is how to attach the fuse. On the fuse box, location 19 says it is for heated seats and there is a fuse there. Does anybody know why there is a fuse already there in a car that did not come with heated seats? Is it being used for something else? If not, I will probably just use a fuse tap there and call it a day.