3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

2015 LX Audio System Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
2015 LX Audio System Problems

I've enjoyed my new LX for the past month but now have two audio system problems I'd like to air.

My radio station presets as well as the presets for treble, bass, balance, etc. are lost when I turn off the ignition. This suggests that there is a momentary loss of continuous power to the unit. I think the power is only gone for a moment because the clock time remains accurate.

The second problem is erratic operation of the CD source selector. When using the steering wheel source selector and attempting to select CD, the unit selects the adjacent USB source instead.

I think that these two issues are probably not related but am concerned that they suggest a degree of wonkiness within or outside of the unit that will only be remedied by replacement of the unit or something outside of the unit. Note: Neither issue was present during my first two weeks of ownership.

Last edited by PMDMN; 10-03-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 PM
It sounds like a warranty issue to me.

See if you can replicate it and get it on video to counter the inevitable "We can't reproduce the problem" resplonse from the dealer.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by PMDMN
I've enjoyed my new LX for the past month but now have two audio system problems I'd like to air.

My radio station presets as well as the presets for treble, bass, balance, etc. are lost when I turn off the ignition. This suggests that there is a momentary loss of continuous power to the unit. I think the power is only gone for a moment because the clock time remains accurate.

The second problem is erratic operation of the CD source selector. When using the steering wheel source selector and attempting to select CD, the unit selects the adjacent USB source instead.

I think that these two issues are probably not related but am concerned that they suggest a degree of wonkiness within or outside of the unit that will only be remedied by replacement of the unit or something outside of the unit. Note: Neither issue was present during my first two weeks of ownership.
Hi PMDMN,

Thank you for purchasing a brand new 2015 Fit! As an owner myself, it is disheartening to hear brand new owners having issues with their vehicle. We definitely want to review the situation with you. Please private message us with your VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 10-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
Hi PMDMN,

Thank you for purchasing a brand new 2015 Fit! As an owner myself, it is disheartening to hear brand new owners having issues with their vehicle. We definitely want to review the situation with you. Please private message us with your VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan
The problem Honda must admit is building that factory in Mexico may have been cheap the only thing that's cheap is the product being put out of that place. I started to wait for '15 but then my dealer stated it was going to be built in Mexico. I got one of the last 13' Fit Sport w/Navi. was 600miles away in PA. You can tell when a Honda is built in Japan vs. USDM/MDM. Jap cars are tight as a vault. The 1st gen MY04-08 TSX was the same way. I'm a loyal Honda/Acura guy. Have had 13 (yes) cars since 98'. Keep the build quality up to Japanese specs or a lot of us will start segwaying to another brand.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
The problem Honda must admit is building that factory in Mexico may have been cheap the only thing that's cheap is the product being put out of that place. I started to wait for '15 but then my dealer stated it was going to be built in Mexico. I got one of the last 13' Fit Sport w/Navi. was 600miles away in PA. You can tell when a Honda is built in Japan vs. USDM/MDM. Jap cars are tight as a vault. The 1st gen MY04-08 TSX was the same way. I'm a loyal Honda/Acura guy. Have had 13 (yes) cars since 98'. Keep the build quality up to Japanese specs or a lot of us will start segwaying to another brand.
[IMG]Name:  oCAwcFa.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  91.7 KB[/IMG]

supposedly the mexico factory.. lol found the pic wayyy back in the forums

Old 10-06-2014, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY
[IMG][/IMG]

supposedly the mexico factory.. lol found the pic wayyy back in the forums
Well, I can tell you the problem....there are no workers!