3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2017 lx stereo head unit not showing Bluetooth under source menu

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 10:12 PM
2017 lx stereo head unit not showing Bluetooth under source menu

I had my phone working perfectly and was able to select the Bluetooth but suddenly it won't show it under the source menu. It will connect and if I make a call or receive a call it works through the unit. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to "reboot" the head unit?

Old 04-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Have not had this issue.

I assume you have already tried a regular Reset to Factory via the Settings menu?

To hard reset it, you will basically need to disconnect power to it. Disconnecting the battery for a few min might do it.

I had a backup cam software issue that Honda could not figure out, they were at the point of replacing the whole head unit. But on the weekend before that I fiddled with my audio system and in doing so disconnected the main harness to the head-unit for a bit. That of course caused the headunit to loss power and when it powered back on, it had been reset everything to default. And fixed my backup cam software issue. < Side note, Honda said they already tried disconnecting the power to fix my issue, but they obviously didn't.

^One downside to disconnect the power (in anyway) from the headunit this is that you may get a anti-thief screen on boot. I bypassed anti-thief screen via the secret headunit settings/menu method.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:15 AM
I was thinking I would have to disconnect the power What is the "secret head unit Settings/menu" method?

Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Hold Home, Power, and Eject at the same time for about 5 seconds. Select Detailed
Info. And from there, there is another layer of secert menu's if you hold down Menu button for 3 seconds. Somewhere in the first layer of menus there a Skip Anti Thief setting.
Another option is just getting unlock code from Honda. :P

*** Should go without saying, but do not change or mess with any settings if you do not know what they are. These are diagnostic/dev settings.

Heres a video with someone going around in those settings, many more on youtube.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:25 AM
5 Year Member
Have you made sure your phone is selected as also a music source? That's optional, you can have it set as just for phone use. I don't remember the exact menu location but probably under Bluetooth? Or just delete the phone from the head units Bluetooth and re-add

Old 04-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Ho to settings on the main screen. There are 2 locations, 1 is for phone usage, the other for music. In settings/phone you select the phone to pair for calls. In settings/audio you select the BT device (can be a phone, tablet, laptop, etc) to pair for audio.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
2Rismo2 and Jack H,
I have already had the phone connected and I have disconnected the phone and reconnected it to trouble shoot if it was my phone but it is not an issue with that. It is something to do with the Head Unit.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM
I have the LX model and the 5 inch screen that is not a touch screen.
I have found all the youtube videos on the larger touch screen Head Unit but there is nothing on the base 5 inch LX head unit.

Originally Posted by fizzy99
Hold Home, Power, and Eject at the same time for about 5 seconds. Select Detailed
Info. And from there, there is another layer of secert menu's if you hold down Menu button for 3 seconds. Somewhere in the first layer of menus there a Skip Anti Thief setting.
Another option is just getting unlock code from Honda. :P

*** Should go without saying, but do not change or mess with any settings if you do not know what they are. These are diagnostic/dev settings.

Heres a video with someone going around in those settings, many more on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-C1odfr0vU

Old 04-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by fizzy99

I assume you have already tried a regular Reset to Factory via the Settings menu?
And this... Right?

Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ltd99
2Rismo2 and Jack H,
I have already had the phone connected and I have disconnected the phone and reconnected it to trouble shoot if it was my phone but it is not an issue with that. It is something to do with the Head Unit.
I don't mean disconnect I mean delete it from the cars Bluetooth settings. Also delete the Bluetooth connection from your phone and reboot. Then add it back in. Not sure if you've done that.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:16 PM
No worries. In case you havent verified this. A few common issues I've seen are if more than 1 phone has been paired sometimes it keeps 1 for phone and one for music. This is easy to verify in the settings/bluetooth you should see icons for a phone and music highlighted for your paired phone. Also, as R2ismo mentioned, we fixed a lot of BT connection issues by deleting any paired devices and re-pairing the one you want connected.