3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Honda Remote Starter II - How to register/program??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Remote Starter II - How to register/program??

I bought the OEM remote starter from Bernardi parts and just installed it over the weekend. The only step remaining is to have the remote start FOB be programmed/registered with the PCM code using the Honda HDS/MVCI tester attached to the OBDII. Well I called 2 dealers nearby, one of them told me to contact Honda USA and the other refused to program/register the remote b/c they didn't install it

What options do I have at this point, outside of spending a few hundred or thousand buying the HDS/MVCI OBDII tool (assuming this is even possible) and programming/registering the remote myself?? From the looks of it, it should take no more than 5 minutes....I'm guessing the Service Advisor isn't too happy with the amount of $$ they would generate from 1/2-1 hr of labor....

You can see the steps req'd to register/program the remote in the last 2 pages of the install. manual. Any ideas???

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...r_AII49983.pdf

Old 12-10-2014, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
I think you're out of luck. Your best bet would probably be to uninstall the whole thing and have them do it which really sucks I know or keep looking for a dealer willing to register it for you. I was planning on buying this and doing it myself until I read the instructions and saw that whole registering thing so I decided not to.

It even states on Bernardi parts: "This product must be installed at a Authorized Honda Dealership because there is a registration process that is required that can only be done using the Honda HDS system."

Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
Good news (I guess) that I found a dealer willing to register for $115

Last edited by NoVAFit; 12-10-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by NoVAFit
Good news (I guess) that I found a dealer willing to register for $115
just goes to show you that a dealer if they want to make the money should be willing to work with you and not be a hindrance. that other dealer was probably just greedy they did not install it and make the money on labor off you

Old 04-02-2016, 01:44 AM
to NoVaFit : i bought it the remote starter too , now I going to installed my self during the weekend, after the installaion do you be able to start the car nomal and drive to a dealer for programming and registration the unit ? please let me know how you manage the whole proces . thank you

Old 04-02-2016, 01:46 AM
o NoVaFit : i bought it the remote starter too , now I going to installed my self during the weekend, after the installaion do you be able to start the car nomal and drive to a dealer for programming and registration the unit ? please let me know how you manage the whole proces . thank you

Old 04-02-2016, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
If the dealer was smart they would do it for free, that way you'd like them and come back..

its a 5 minute job.. God I HATE the dealers..