3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Dash cover?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Dash cover?

Has anyone found a dash cover for the 2015 model? I tried looking but everyone is for the older model Fit's. I need to cover the dash since it gets reflected onto the windshield on a sunny day and can mess with visibility.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
My black velour Dashmat came today. The difference without it is better than I hoped. The amount of glare on the glass from the dashboard is nil. I feel like I could just be parked under a tree or bridge with the car just inside the shadow but everything else remaining bright. Particularly with all the snow on the ground/in the fields, I didn't have to squint nearly as hard without my sunglasses. Really, I barely had to squint at all. Of course these results will vary from person to person, but I'm extremely happy. I don't know if other colors would work as well or possibly cast a sheen of the fabric color on the glass, that's why I chose black.

I was surprised at how light the Dashmat actually is. I was expecting something fairly heavy, like a doormat type of backing, but it's very flexible and lightweight. I don't think that's a testament of it's its durability, though. I think it will last a good, long time. I received four strips of single sided Velcro to trim and place on the dash too hold it in place. I think that will be important so wind can't move it around when it gets warmer and I can roll the windows down. I think more Velcro may be needed to keep the Dashmat contours lined up with the dash, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet, so I'll find out.

It didn't have cutouts for the tweeters, but they claim it's not an impedance to sound passage, so that's all right. The Dashmat also covers the where the previous Fits had the upper glovebox.

Overall, I'm initially very pleased with the Dashmat, I'm looking forward taping it in place. Pictures will follow soon. I didn't have a camera on hand for manual exposure, etc.

Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I ordered it on eBay. I think it may have been Dashmat's eBay store, but the seller's name was different. The price was better than Dashmat's website direct price. With shipping included it was under $50 and it took 2 or 3 weeks for them to make it, ship it, and for me to receive it.

From this thread:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...new-gk-49.html

Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Cool, thanks. Just ordered this one, probably the same seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/301502495582?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 04-20-2015, 07:16 PM
www.carcoverusa.com has dash mats. I was looking at them yesterday. They did list the new Fit.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 AM
Yep Dashmat is the same brand from the Ebay seller I ordered from. Will take around 3 weeks to delivery though.