2018 EX can't get factory footwell lighting to work with road departure system - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member

2018 EX can't get factory footwell lighting to work with road departure system

As noted, I have a new 2018 EX which includes the full HS package. This is my 2nd fit and I already love it. I ordered some stuff from College Hills Honda including the factory footwell lighting system. It was REALLY easy to install and all seemed well until I started the car to test everything. The new lights worked as expected, but I was getting a warning on the iMid about the Road Departure Mitigation having a failure. There was also a brake warning dummy light in the bottom left of the speedo area.
Car drove fine, but I started troubleshooting. It seems that the RDM works just fine plugged directly into the 14pin connector, but NOT if connected through the ambient light harness as suggested in step 10 or 11 of the college hills directions. Upon further inspection, it appears that the connector on the light harness that connects to the vehicle harness has fewer pins than the one i removed which connects to the RDM and CMBS buttons.

Anyone else try installing this? If so, what am i doing wrong??