3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New (ish) Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
New (ish) Fit!

Aloha from Texas, my fellow Fit Freaks! Traded in my ‘15 Fit LX with 6-speed stick for a ‘19 LX with CVT in Milano Red. I’ve had it for nearly a month and couldn’t be happier!

There are many reasons why I wanted out of my previous White Pearl ‘15:

1) White seems to be a traffic accident magnet. I’ve gotten side-swiped twice by other drivers. I’m guessing white blends in with other vehicles, thus making me “invisible “. LOL.

Or it ticks them off. White reminds them of a doctor’s office, or the hospital. And everyone hates those. So other drivers take their aggression out on me at the subconscious level? 🤷*♂️

Or maybe it’s just my dumb luck. Or a little bit of all of the above?

2) While it was fun to drive a stick, my left knee began complaining very loudly, especially in heavy stop and go traffic. I’ve been stuck in traffic many times, sometimes for over an hour, and my left knee would be aching for hours afterward, because of all the clutch pushing.

Now that I have an automatic, my knee’s been pretty quiet lately. Growing older seems to have granted me wisdom and experience, but the body’s falling apart!

In following with tradition, I’ve given her a Hawaiian female name. In this case, because it’s Milano Red, I’m calling her ‘Madame Pele’, the Hawaiian Goddess of Fire. Seems kinda Fit (ing), right? No pun intended.

My wife and I have quite a reputation at our local Honda dealership. We tend to purchase in pairs, and this time was no exception. But she chose an HR-V instead. Quite the upgrade, I’d say, and she too is totally happy with her new car. Ahem, I mean, ‘Crossover’. Heehee.

I’ll be sure to keep you guys updated in the weeks and months ahead. Have a great Friday!