3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to access Self-Diagnosis screen on 2019 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 01:56 PM
How to access Self-Diagnosis screen on 2019 Fit?

Hi! I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me access the self-diagnosis menu on the 2019 Fit. I've found articles and YouTube videos showing how to do so on a bunch of other Honda models, but each one seems to have different buttons / key combinations to access this menu.

For example, I found this video on how to access it on a 2017 Fit, but it involves holding down the CD eject button, which no longer exists on the 2019 model.

Here's another example of how to access it from a Civic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-L...l=Ben.T.George

For anyone wondering why I'd want to access this menu, there's an option to disable an audio preset which by default seems to EQ the speakers. With it disabled, there are a lot of reports of the sound improving quite a bit. I'd love to be able to try that out.

I've tried a ton of different key combinations and haven't had any luck so I'm hoping someone here might know the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-06-2021, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
Wish I could help, I drive a 15 Fit LX, switches and buttons, and just bought a 21 HRV EX ......too much touchscreen stuff for me.....am STILL tryin' to get through reading the owner's manual, it's mind numbing.....but it IS a really nice vehicle, and my lady love loves it, so .....guess I'm an OK guy...LOL Best of luck

Old 09-06-2021, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by maldenfilms
For anyone wondering why I'd want to access this menu, there's an option to disable an audio preset which by default seems to EQ the speakers. With it disabled, there are a lot of reports of the sound improving quite a bit. I'd love to be able to try that out.

I've tried a ton of different key combinations and haven't had any luck so I'm hoping someone here might know the answer.

Thanks in advance!
This seems very cool.
I'd really like to know more about this additional setting as I'm not terribly impressed with my amp and speaker upgrade.