3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Some yellow light comes on when I go over road bumps

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2022, 06:21 PM
Some yellow light comes on when I go over road bumps

In TX, the pot holes, the cracked road that basically is like a small cliff, just the wavy shitty roads in general
I notice during going over certain types of road conditions, nothing will happen to the car, but I always catch a yellow thing flashing on my dash for just one second but I can't really figure out which light it was

It kind of scares me, I hope it isn't the engine or wiring thinking the wheels or bearings will detach or something

What could it be?

Old 01-15-2022, 07:36 PM
I'd guess VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) / Traction Control activating because one or more wheels lost traction for an instant.

Old 01-15-2022, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Next time, before you start your car, turn the key to "on" and make note of which yellow lights are where on the dash....then pay attention to your dash for a moment when you're driving over a stretch of road known to "trigger" a yellow light and see which it is ...... I'd second saveMT's idea that it's the VSA light

Old 01-15-2022, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C3nuke
In TX, the pot holes, the cracked road that basically is like a small cliff, just the wavy shitty roads in general
I notice during going over certain types of road conditions, nothing will happen to the car, but I always catch a yellow thing flashing on my dash for just one second but I can't really figure out which light it was

It kind of scares me, I hope it isn't the engine or wiring thinking the wheels or bearings will detach or something

What could it be?
When that warning light triangle with an exclamation point pops up you are losing stability. Some enthusiast like to turn that traction control system off. This system helps stabilizes the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. The amber lamp comes on if one or more tires are slipping, like you hit a Houston crater or going over a railroad track. I live south of Houston and I avoid the Houston roads as much as possible.

Last edited by wasserball; 01-15-2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:05 PM
On my '16, turning off traction control can help with winter driving. But stability control and ABS are still fully operational.

Old 01-19-2022, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
Next time, before you start your car, turn the key to "on" and make note of which yellow lights are where on the dash....then pay attention to your dash for a moment when you're driving over a stretch of road known to "trigger" a yellow light and see which it is ...... I'd second saveMT's idea that it's the VSA light
Originally Posted by wasserball
When that warning light triangle with an exclamation point pops up you are losing stability. Some enthusiast like to turn that traction control system off. This system helps stabilizes the vehicle during cornering if the car turns more or less than desired. The amber lamp comes on if one or more tires are slipping, like you hit a Houston crater or going over a railroad track. I live south of Houston and I avoid the Houston roads as much as possible.
Tell me about it man.. I mean, the fit can take a beating though and I like how easy and agile it is to drive. I kinda wanted a different compact car for fun, but this one for now.

Do you recommend getting a rear sway bar and disable traction control?

I do like making sharp turns, I do slide sometimes but I tend to avoid it because I do plan to buy new wheels soon, but I don't wanna wreck the stock too early and would like to know if you recommend anything besides changing the 15 inch wheels to 16?

Originally Posted by Action Jackson
On my '16, turning off traction control can help with winter driving. But stability control and ABS are still fully operational.
Originally Posted by saveMT
I'd guess VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) / Traction Control activating because one or more wheels lost traction for an instant.
Thanks everyone. It appeared to be traction symbol even though I have traction control on, a bit odd but thanks.

Last edited by C3nuke; 01-19-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
A little late to the party BUT I want to add one more thing to take in consideration.

The Fit's indirect TPMS system is known to sometimes flash when it is still in its calibration/adaption phase. Periodically it may flash while driving or shortly after initial start ups, especially if there has been a noticeable temperature swing like we've been experiencing in the Houston area for the last week or so.

Having VSA/traction control's light illuminate on occasion from the random "yumps" on some of Houston's streets in indeed plausible. Not going to doubt that at all after experiencing it in my 216 CR-Z which has the same indirect TPMS system.