3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 push start won't start first attempt.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2023, 01:00 AM
2015 push start won't start first attempt.

Hello Fit fam, new member here and new Fit owner.
Last April I traded in my 2014 Accord because of an Electrical issue dealer couldn't figure out. I went with the 2015 Fit EX. Fast forward 8 months later now the Fit is having a start issue. Car worked flawlessly for 7 months and as of lately the start button usually starts up after 2nd attempt. I've notice it happens when car has been used with in the hour. Morning start up are normal. I am aware of the Service Bulletin for the Start button. Now my question for you FFs. After getting button replaced did the issue go away? My theory it's either the button or starter giving out. I should note no warning lights are present at. TIA

Old 02-18-2023, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Go ahead and have the One Push Start button addressed first if you're within the criteria of the warranty extension.

There have been at least 4 or 5 part number revisions to that switch due to internal faults since its been introduced to the Fit, HR-V, Pilot and Ridgeline and they've FINALLY got this issue squared away with the switch causing the Keyless Access Signal Warning light.squared away.

Factory starter issues are not as near common as they were on your generation of Accord... Fuel injectors are a bit more problematic though.

Old 02-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Go ahead and have the One Push Start button addressed first if you're within the criteria of the warranty extension.

There have been at least 4 or 5 part number revisions to that switch due to internal faults since its been introduced to the Fit, HR-V, Pilot and Ridgeline and they've FINALLY got this issue squared away with the switch causing the Keyless Access Signal Warning light.squared away.

Factory starter issues are not as near common as they were on your generation of Accord... Fuel injectors are a bit more problematic though.
I actually have a service appointment at Honda. Was told im still covered under warranty if the switch is deemed the culprit. I should have added, I did not have any warning lights at all. Which begs the question is it really the switch? I guess I will find out Monday see what the honda folks say. I just hope the switch is replaced at no cost. If problem persist I will move on to starter. It's safe to say I'm officially done with Honda after this.

Old 02-18-2023, 04:59 AM
The switch will be replaced at no cost, there is no need to hope but they do check for codes and there is a specific code for it, B12C5. The starter motor on mine ('15) was replaced at 43K by the previous owner. At 58K I had the switch failure replaced no questions asked. Weird though that you have no warning lights...might be the starter?

Old 02-18-2023, 06:57 AM
Originally Posted by nayov
The switch will be replaced at no cost, there is no need to hope but they do check for codes and there is a specific code for it, B12C5. The starter motor on mine ('15) was replaced at 43K by the previous owner. At 58K I had the switch failure replaced no questions asked. Weird though that you have no warning lights...might be the starter?
yes no error codes are shown on the dash. And hopefully the code is stored if it really is the button. Initial I believed it was the starter, until I came online and saw the vast issues with the button. Will check back after Monday that's when I taking the car in. Also was your issue fixed after the button was replaced?

Old 02-18-2023, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by JB357
yes no error codes are shown on the dash. And hopefully the code is stored if it really is the button. Initial I believed it was the starter, until I came online and saw the vast issues with the button. Will check back after Monday that's when I taking the car in. Also was your issue fixed after the button was replaced?

yes but once when I shut the car off and went to leave the door dinger went off so I had to cycle the switch. It only happened once but makes me think that the switch is delicate even after the "fix"

Old 02-18-2023, 08:00 AM
I just don't want to be in an emergency situation and this car not start so hoping after Monday I have the new switch. Thanks for everyone's help

Old 02-23-2023, 04:23 AM
Update? What did they do or say?

Old 02-23-2023, 04:30 AM
Fresno CA dealership, determine it was not the start button. So after going ahead and doing a diagnostic they determine it was a starter, starting to go out. After they got me for $190 diagnostic fee. They went ahead and quoted me $775 plus tax for a starter replacement. 😅ofcourse i said no. I will buy the starter and have my trusted mechanic installed it for alot cheaper. This my 2nd Honda in a row that Starter gives out @ 60K

Old 02-23-2023, 04:33 AM
Stealership wins again

Fresno CA dealership, determine it was not the start button. So after going ahead and doing a diagnostic they determine it was a starter, starting to go out. After they got me for $190 diagnostic fee. They went ahead and quoted me $775 plus tax for a starter replacement. 😅ofcourse i said no. I will buy the starter and have my trusted mechanic installed it for alot cheaper. This my 2nd Honda in a row that Starter gives out @ 60K