3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Push button issues with 2015 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2022, 11:18 PM
Push button issues with 2015 Honda Fit

For a the past couple of weeks, Ive been having issues turning on the car. It has a push button ignition, and at first it was taking longer than normal to turn on when holding the button down. Now when I do it, the car starts then shuts off and it does that for a while until eventually the car fully turns on. The power comes on when I push the button by itself, but its when I press the brake down is when its been hesitating. Then a few days ago a little icon came on that Ive never seen before and the manual said it was the smart entry system issues. A couple of questions, first how long can I go before the car just wont start at all and second what would be the price to get this fixed? Im holding it off because unfortunately I just dont have the budget to get anything done right now. Thanks guys

Old 09-13-2022, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Push Button Starting Issue.

Originally Posted by sorid
For a the past couple of weeks, Ive been having issues turning on the car. It has a push button ignition, and at first it was taking longer than normal to turn on when holding the button down. Now when I do it, the car starts then shuts off and it does that for a while until eventually the car fully turns on. The power comes on when I push the button by itself, but its when I press the brake down is when its been hesitating. Then a few days ago a little icon came on that Ive never seen before and the manual said it was the smart entry system issues. A couple of questions, first how long can I go before the car just wont start at all and second what would be the price to get this fixed? Im holding it off because unfortunately I just dont have the budget to get anything done right now. Thanks guys
This is a well known problem.

Go to your local Honda Dealer for a free fix.

Yes it's free!

I had mine replaced last year. Start button works like a charm.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
I believe this is the document referring to the problem:

Honda Service Bulletin 20-098