3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2015 Fit for Us & Canada

  #1  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Posts: 525
2015 Fit for Us & Canada

Detroit Free Press reports that the new Fit introduced in Detroit today will be built in Mexico, and imported to US and Canada. Good news for Canadians, eh? As long as you don't care that it's built in Mexico - gotta be better than Chinese Fits.

I think I looked at 4 million press releases on the new Fit today, including the "live coverage" and all of it's drawn out details. heh
 

Last edited by siguy; 01-13-2014 at 08:28 PM.
  #2  
Old 01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,134
Originally Posted by siguy View Post
Detroit Free Press reports that the new Fit introduced in Detroit today will be built in Mexico, and imported to US and Canada. Good news for Canadians, eh? As long as you don't care that it's built in Mexico - gotta be better than Chinese Fits.

I think I looked at 4 million press releases on the new Fit today, including the "live coverage" and all of it's drawn out details. heh
We'll have to see. The Mexican VWs in Montreal all sound bad and have a low rumble that sounds like their exhaust pipe is destroyed. The 2000+ VW sound more squeaky and noisy than the 1990+ old honda civics.
 
  #3  
Old 01-15-2014, 04:55 PM
mingo's Avatar
New Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 14
I was looking at getting a Fit, but when I saw the sticker of the country of origin, I walked away. I'm not going to buy a Fit made in China, not because I think it's inferior in quality. I'm ok with the Fit made in Mexico. Honda Canada exports Civics to Mexico. We buy from them, they buy from us. The Chinese send us containers full of goods and we send them empty containers back.
 
  #4  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Posts: 525
Hey Mingo, I agree with you! Same thing USA, everything is from China. We are way underwater with trade imbalance.
 
  #5  
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 PM
ROTTBOY's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hawaii: relocated to Western Canada Sept, 2015
Posts: 1,057
Once my new Fit (made in Mexico) arrives, will be making them visits to Taco Bell daily. Am hoping the quality suits me as well as a grilled chicken chalupa sits in my stomach!!!!
 

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 03-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.
  #6  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: el monte
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by mingo View Post
I was looking at getting a Fit, but when I saw the sticker of the country of origin, I walked away. I'm not going to buy a Fit made in China, not because I think it's inferior in quality. I'm ok with the Fit made in Mexico. Honda Canada exports Civics to Mexico. We buy from them, they buy from us. The Chinese send us containers full of goods and we send them empty containers back.
lol, i don't think north america will get vehicle that is made in china. i know china has its own honda factory for their domestic market. the quality is not good as what we get here, and consumers pay more.
 
  #7  
Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: el monte
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by siguy View Post
Hey Mingo, I agree with you! Same thing USA, everything is from China. We are way underwater with trade imbalance.
at least, automobile parts are still made in other countries. their currency exchange is no longer an advantage, and increased labor rate will just bring things to other nations.
 
  #8  
Old 03-30-2014, 09:31 PM
ohw
ohw is offline
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 96
It is true, the Canadian FITs are made in China. It was confirmed by Honda. See link.
Watching the progress and the improvement of quality of the goods made in China, I would buy one made in China. Just won't buy the early batches. Don't own a car or have experience with other things made in Mexico before.
Japanese subcompact cars ... now made in China - The Globe and Mail
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
azopelnut
3rd Generation (2015+)
3
07-10-2017 05:04 PM
floatingadrift
General Fit Talk
2
04-05-2015 09:58 PM
amszterpeter
Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs
2
02-16-2015 02:42 PM
JFit123
3rd Generation (2015+)
29
10-30-2014 10:20 PM
cckid
3rd Generation (2015+)
4
06-17-2014 08:37 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Fit for Us & Canada


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.