3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

On Sale Date in U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Originally Posted by yuwan63755
I am afraid Honda is going to price themselves out of the market with the features they are apparently putting on the Sport (EX now). I cannot see paying close to $20,000 for a Fit Sport. I will probably buy a 2014 Hyundai Accent SL Auto, w/sunroof and options for about $18,500 OTD. Believe similar cars to the fit are going to be offering deals around the time of the Fit release.
Is there any confirmation on the pricing of the new model? If so, I missed it.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:43 AM
I am afraid Honda is going to price themselves out of the market with the features they are apparently putting on the Sport (EX now). I cannot see paying close to $20,000 for a Fit Sport. I will probably buy a 2014 Hyundai Accent SL Auto, w/sunroof and options for about $18,500 OTD. Believe similar cars to the fit are going to be offering deals around the time of the Fit release.
Id rather a hole in the head than to drive a Hyundai.

but I get your point on other makes / pricing though.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cbradio
April 14

according to this page on Honda's site
A very sharp find. And there are 3 more:

Ford Fiesta vs Honda Fit: Compare Small Cars

Kia Rio Honda Fit: Compare Small Cars

Nissan Versa Note vs. Honda Fit: Compare Small Cars

With the 4 comparison pages, each comparing a 2015 Fit EX to 4 other cars priced between $15,990 and $16,380, it would seem to indicate that we can expect the 2015 Fit EX to be priced lower than the $17,160 of the 2013 fit sport.

Last edited by TCroly; 03-18-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic

but I get your point on other makes / pricing though.
I'd rather have a hole in my head, too! Comparing a Honda to a Hyundai is like comparing a gourmet burger to a McD's hamburger.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Pricing

My guess, if the reports about the EX taking over the old Sport's position in the lineup are true, is that pricing will be similar to the 2013 model. I would be surprised if it was cheaper and even more surprised if it was more than 500.00 more expensive than a similarly equipped 2013 model. If Honda follows the model lineup that they use for the Accord and Civic, maybe there will be a "Sport" or hopefully even an "Si" version. A fully loaded EX Auto leather with navi model will be OTD 20K, and an Si or Sport will be below that at OTD 19K, and an EX with Auto will be 18K and EX with 6sp will be 17K more or less. What do you guys think?

For a Fit Sport or Si I dream of a little more power over an EX, slighter tighter (but not necessarily firmer, I want German firm) tuning of suspension, different wheels, better seats (no leather), flat bottom steering wheel and the same or better driving character that the old Fit had, light, zippy and fun.

Last edited by elementrace; 03-18-2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by elementrace
My guess, if the reports about the EX taking over the old Sport's position in the lineup are true, is that pricing will be similar to the 2013 model. I would be surprised if it was cheaper and even more surprised if it was more than 500.00 more expensive than a similarly equipped 2013 model. If Honda follows the model lineup that they use for the Accord and Civic, maybe there will be a "Sport" or hopefully even an "Si" version. A fully loaded EX Auto leather with navi model will be OTD 20K, and an Si or Sport will be below that at OTD 19K, and an EX with Auto will be 18K and EX with 6sp will be 17K more or less. What do you guys think?

For a Fit Sport or Si I dream of a little more power over an EX, slighter tighter (but not necessarily firmer, I want German firm) tuning of suspension, different wheels, better seats (no leather), flat bottom steering wheel and the same or better driving character that the old Fit had, light, zippy and fun.
1. Import cars from Japan to the US has a fixed rate of 2.5% on duty.
2. Transportation cost from Mexico to the US will be less than from Japan to the US.

So with inflation etc to take into consideration, your estimate sounds about right on the pricing. I hope Honda doesn't price themselves out of the market on the Fit.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
I'm really hopeful that Honda is featuring a Yellow fit in the comparos with the Rio/Versa/Sonic/Fiesta. Hopefully a yellow Fit will finally be ours!

Old 03-19-2014, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by fibrepunk
1. Import cars from Japan to the US has a fixed rate of 2.5% on duty.
2. Transportation cost from Mexico to the US will be less than from Japan to the US.

So with inflation etc to take into consideration, your estimate sounds about right on the pricing. I hope Honda doesn't price themselves out of the market on the Fit.
I'm on Guam and for some models we will get cars manufactured from a different place then the US gets theirs. My old Accord was from Ohio but my wife's Highlander is from Japan. It's possible we might get the Japanese manufactured Fits. Our dealers (except for the BMW/Mini/Subaru Dealer) are very good at sticking to MSRP or lower.

I really hope that the new Fit doesn't lose any of its character. I wanted to get a 2013 but they ran out.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE
I'd rather have a hole in my head, too! Comparing a Honda to a Hyundai is like comparing a gourmet burger to a McD's hamburger.
Ok, let's not get crazy here. I'm a Honda fan, and have been for a long time, but Hyundai is putting out good products these days as well. They're no Hyundai of the 90's or early 00's. I actually wouldn't mind driving a few of their cars myself. But rest assured, both basic Honda and Hyundai are tin-can econo cars. They're both on the dollar menu.

Originally Posted by msbxiv
I'm really hopeful that Honda is featuring a Yellow fit in the comparos with the Rio/Versa/Sonic/Fiesta. Hopefully a yellow Fit will finally be ours!
Yellow would be a pretty cool color to get.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
I was a fit fan also; however, as I said before my feeling is that Honda is going to be priced at the top end of the sub compacts and that is going to hurt their sales. Too many new add-ons for the Sport/EX to stay very close to the $18,800 price of the 2013 Sport. I bought the 2014 Hyundai Accent SE version with sunroof and I must tell you I am very impressed with what this vehicle is. Thus far, I am very happy with the performance and the look of this car. The seats are wonderful, the speakers/sound system is very good, 6 speed auto vs. the Fit CVT and the amenities in this car are very similar to what the fit EX is offering, less rear view camera and push to start. I was not very impressed with the overall look in photos of the Fit, but maybe it would grow on you. Well, I hope the fit turns out good and Honda gets a good reception in the states.

Last edited by yuwan63755; 03-21-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I was a fit fan also; however, as I said before my feeling is that Honda is going to be priced at the top end of the sub compacts and that is going to hurt their sales. Too many new add-ons for the Sport/EX to stay very close to the $18,800 price of the 2013 Sport. I bought the 2014 Hyundai Accent SE version with sunroof and I must tell you I am very impressed with what this vehicle is. Thus far, I am very happy with the performance and the look of this car. The seats are wonderful, the speakers/sound system is very good, 6 speed auto vs. the Fit CVT and the amenities in this car are very similar to what the fit EX is offering, less rear view camera and push to start. I was not very impressed with the overall look in photos of the Fit, but maybe it would grow on you. Well, I hope the fit turns out good and Honda gets a good reception in the states.
I don't think the Accent or fiesta or spark is the correct comparison. The Fit feels bigger inside and has a lot more cargo room than any of those hatches. I would never consider a car like the Fiesta, because I don't even think I could put a stroller in the trunk, while I have room to spare in the Fit.

Also, I think the EX-L will be something like $21K out the door, which is kind of insane, but leather, push start, moon roof, & heated seats are hard to get in any car <$20K.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
BlazeJ:
I agree with you 100% with any comparison to smaller subcompact vehicles; however, Honda is comparing their EX to Sonic, Rio, Yaris, Accent and other compact vehicles. My Accent 2014 Accent SE has moonroof, larger and more front row interior, automatic 6speed with Selectronic (similar to fit paddle shifters) but on the gearshift, much better ergonomic front seat legroom (as I always got cramps in my Fit). Also, the paint on the Accent is much better than my 2011 Fit paint. Don't know why, but Honda paint has always been substandard. Maybe it will improve in Mexico. Accent SE has no push start, rearview camera, leather which I have no need for at my age. My fear has been that Fit EX will be around $21grand which will price many people out of the market. I believe that many of the items will be priced as options which will add to cost, along with Honda dealer add-ons. I got my Accent SE for $18500 out the door here in California, which has too much tax and excessive DMV charges.
I hope the 2015 Fit EX is received well and is a great vehicle. For now, I will enjoy my Accent.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
BlazeJ:
I agree with you 100% with any comparison to smaller subcompact vehicles; however, Honda is comparing their EX to Sonic, Rio, Yaris, Accent and other compact vehicles. My Accent 2014 Accent SE has moonroof, larger and more front row interior, automatic 6speed with Selectronic (similar to fit paddle shifters) but on the gearshift, much better ergonomic front seat legroom (as I always got cramps in my Fit). Also, the paint on the Accent is much better than my 2011 Fit paint. Don't know why, but Honda paint has always been substandard. Maybe it will improve in Mexico. Accent SE has no push start, rearview camera, leather which I have no need for at my age. My fear has been that Fit EX will be around $21grand which will price many people out of the market. I believe that many of the items will be priced as options which will add to cost, along with Honda dealer add-ons. I got my Accent SE for $18500 out the door here in California, which has too much tax and excessive DMV charges.
I hope the 2015 Fit EX is received well and is a great vehicle. For now, I will enjoy my Accent.
Yes, I think Honda should use the Focus, Cruze... cars as comparisons. How is the trunk in your Accent?

Also, the thing about Hondas is that their resale is very high, so even for $3-$4K more, you'll get some of it back on resale.

Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with your comment on comparisons. The trunk in the Accent SE is larger than Fit, with seat up and slightly smaller than Fit with seats folded. I honestly cannot tell the difference as they are so similar. I just traded my 2011 Fit Sport, Auto and the trade in, while more than similar vehicles, was not that great, especially from Honda dealers who devalued it by $1500 less than Hyundai dealer.

Last edited by yuwan63755; 03-21-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM
One thing that has me thinking the EX model will compare to the likes of other subcompacts price wise is the comparison websites Honda has put up comparing it to other cars like the Fiesta Sonic etc. Right now it has TBD in the price for the Fit, but once the price is released I hardly think it would look fitting from a marketing standpoint to compare the Fit to cars that are much less expensive. It would make the Fit look overpriced.

Just food for thought.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ncoflin
One thing that has me thinking the EX model will compare to the likes of other subcompacts price wise is the comparison websites Honda has put up comparing it to other cars like the Fiesta Sonic etc. Right now it has TBD in the price for the Fit, but once the price is released I hardly think it would look fitting from a marketing standpoint to compare the Fit to cars that are much less expensive. It would make the Fit look overpriced.

Just food for thought.
Maybe honda will surprise us with a price cut on the fit due to the cost savings of the north american factory/delivery/labor. We can hope anyway. We'll find out soon enuf. I still don't think it would wise to buy a first year model from a 1st year factory, much as I want that 6 spd manual in yellow.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 PM
5 Year Member
ncoflin:
This is exactly my point in comparison to the vehicles they have chosen. Honda is comparing $16-17,500 vehicles to their EX model. Rest assured that the EX is not going to be released at previous fit/auto MSRP of $18800. If it were, it would be the first time I saw a new vehicle released at a decrease from previous model year price. You cannot throw multi option additions at the vehicle and then reduce price. I guess we will see when it is released in a few weeks. My guess is the EX auto will be at least $19,500 before Honda and dealer add-ons.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:29 PM
The car being produced in Mexico might help the price slightly from spiking too high. I just can't imagine Honda will keep those side by side comparisons with those other subcompacts up if the price is over like 1k or so more. Especially with the first line being a side by side price comparison.

Earlier post with links for reference:

Old 03-21-2014, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
I 100% agree with you and I cannot figure out why they would use lower priced comparison vehicles, even though they probably have some of the things the new Fit will have. I am still guessing $19,500 minimum for the 2015 Fit EX with most variations being $20,000 plus.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member
I 100% agree with you and I cannot figure out why they would use lower priced comparison vehicles, even though they probably have some of the things the new Fit will have. I am still guessing $19,500 minimum for the 2015 Fit EX with most variations being $20,000 plus.
I think you are 100% wrong. I will confidently predict, based on what Honda has said in previous press releases and the fact that they are comparing a Fit EX in the comparisons to these other cars, that the new Fit EX 6 speed, will be priced LOWER than the current model. My prediction is that the Fit EX manual will be priced at $16,550 plus shipping.

I don't really care about the price. For me the fit is so much superior to all other cars in its class, I would gladly pay $20,000+ for a well equipped Fit EX with sunroof and leather. But I do expect, leather will only be offered with the CVT and I am a manual only kind of driver.

I actually am more concerned about the price being too low, as we know that Honda intends to sell more than twice as many new generation Fits in the US compared to the current gen. To accomplish this they will likely offer a lower price, but they also may cheapen quality to meet that price point. I am already concerned about the new 2 stage paint process.

Quick Reply: On Sale Date in U.S.?