3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Do you will like to change your FIT for the NEW 2015 model???

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
is the new fits really THAT much advanced? kinda hard to believe. can't you just get a new HU with BT and everything to update your car to 2014/2015?
add a bunch of braces for extra rigidity, then some weight reduction to bring it to the same overall weight

mod the interior for extra space

improve HP

improve economy

and then you will looking about right to keep trucking the GE

Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
One thing that is important to me that is "new" with the 2015 is the safety of the new Fit. I know it hasn't been tested yet, but Honda has promised it will pass the new small overlap crash test. The previous generation of fit pretty much did the worst of all cars. I believe consumer reports even took back their "top safety pick" award after the results were shown.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Ill take my safety chances in the GE.

According to IIHS, the new test is in response to the new results showing an increase of the sort of crashes it has been made for. I believe the new standards are for crashes which impact the front corner of the car, which i personally dont think is as often as the common bumper to bumper collision, which the GE passed with the IIHS award at the time. Also, only 1 out of 11 cars in that category passed with flying colors (Chevy Spark, ew).

Give me some new brakes, calzzio seat covers, minus the Volvo C30 looking rear, and a bluetooth receiver while i wait for the NEXT Fit.

Last edited by SBFT09; 02-25-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Height is not the issue, its the position of the rear seat, its shifted further towards the rear and in my case, places my head at exactly the point where the roofline begins to drop.

Thus, no headroom for me and I'm only 6' tall.
thats weird, one of my staff is 6'2" and often lucks out to the back seat of the fit. Just today I checked after seeing this post, he had like 4" clearance over his head. You must have a long neck dude!

Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
thats weird, one of my staff is 6'2" and often lucks out to the back seat of the fit. Just today I checked after seeing this post, he had like 4" clearance over his head. You must have a long neck dude!
Hmmm.

I have a fairly long torso, I guess that could be the issue.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ncoflin
I really wonder how much is truly to the whole "made in Japan, so it's better" mind set a lot of people seem to have. Are there any statistics that show cars made by Euro/Japanese companies outside of their home countries really fair any worse in craftsmanship or reliability?
The japanese are just flat out good at manufacturing stuff. In the 80s, many Japanese knock offs of western stuff were as good if not better than the actual things they copied. China on the other hand is notoriously bad for errors and faults in mass production. To their credit, they have very much improved and the QC has gotten better. Still the Chinese Fits devellop important rust after only a year or so of ownership... Mine is 6 years old and has little spots that are starting to appear here and there.

As far as Mexico, I think of Fender guitars. Most of the Mexican stuff was absolute crap and the QC was terrible. For the Fit we'll just have to see. Maybe they'll be great but they have the added "pressure" of being a first wave of a redisgned model.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
Even if I was looking at a sub compact cars again, this isn't 2009 anymore. Other car makers are making great compacts unlike the aveo days of yore. Fiesta ST, Sonic RS, Turbo veloster, Focus ST, or better yet 2015 mustang, 2015 ugly wrx. For the love of god you can get a 2011 5.0 mustang for 20 grand now and keep your fit as the practical car.

Other cars have leaped. The fit has merely baby stepped into the future.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 02-28-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't call a used 2011 Mustang "practical". Ford still has plenty of quality issues across the board. This affects the ST twins, too.

Not to mention that the RS is really the only car in the Fit's class that you mentioned; the others are substantially more money.

I really can't think of a subcompact that's got as much practicality, efficiency, and sporty nature (I was going to say just sporty, but I can't stretch the truth that far) at this price point, imho.

The question about a new factory (regardless of location) is a fair one. Which is one of the reasons why I'll most likely sit this out for a while.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by StormSurfer
Like the title said....Do you my friend will like to change your FIT for the new 2015 model???If YES or NO...Why???Let see what all members will like to said...
No plans to replace my GE8 which I bought new a year ago. The main thing the new car has that I would be interested in is the Hondalink radio and I am hopeful that there will eventually be something in the aftermarket that offers equivalent functionality.

Next car on my list will probably be a 2009-2012 Porsche Cayman S, preferably with PDK, PASM, and a limited slip diff, to replace my BMW 330Ci as a track toy.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cliff
No plans to replace my GE8 which I bought new a year ago. The main thing the new car has that I would be interested in is the Hondalink radio and I am hopeful that there will eventually be something in the aftermarket that offers equivalent functionality.

Next car on my list will probably be a 2009-2012 Porsche Cayman S, preferably with PDK, PASM, and a limited slip diff, to replace my BMW 330Ci as a track toy.
Hi Cliff.Thanks for answering the thread.Looks that everybody is writing about other things BUT is OK for me.Good to know that you are planning to keep your GE8.I'm in the same boat too.Nice...A Porsche Cayman S.....I hope you can find a GOOD one in a GOOD price.Take care....

Old 03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by SBFT09
Ill take my safety chances in the GE.

According to IIHS, the new test is in response to the new results showing an increase of the sort of crashes it has been made for. I believe the new standards are for crashes which impact the front corner of the car, which i personally dont think is as often as the common bumper to bumper collision, which the GE passed with the IIHS award at the time. Also, only 1 out of 11 cars in that category passed with flying colors (Chevy Spark, ew).
Granted, this new safety feature probably wouldn't be a big enough deal to make me trade in an otherwise still fine previous generation...there is no denying it will make the new Fit a good deal safer. Just because almost every other car also bombed the test, (although the Fit was one of the worst) that isn't an excuse that makes bombing the test perfectly acceptable.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:12 PM
To Trade Or Not To Trade...

Fitfreaks is the best! I joined in 2011, but it seemed all the postings were years old, and I went away. Now it rocks.

I regard my 2011 Sport MT as a sports car, and have done a few things to it like removing the rear seats to save 70 pounds, the modifications I paid for complicating the decision whether to trade it for the upcoming 2015 model.

I had 17" x6" Kosei Racing wheels left over from an '04 Civic with 215x45 Kumho SPT tires that I mounted on my Fit. The front tires scraped going through dips at speed, but that seems to be cured with my replacement 215x40 Kumhos that better match the speedometer. The Kosei wheels cause the track to be a bit wider. The wheels are not a problem because I would consider buying the 2015 Sports model and switching wheels (also speakers, amp, and leather shift knob). I sold my 2011 Fit wheels and tires for $550! Recently I had the Kosei wheels powder coated glossy black with black wheel nuts and tire caps with only the center Kosei logo non-black; the car looks so good.

If I switch, I'd have to eat the cost of the other things I did to my 2011 including a 7-year/100k Honda warranty, rear distance warning, better horns, Exotic chrome dash kit, red and black vinyl front seat covers, sport exhaust muffler, windshield banner, K&N air filter.

The changes to the new model seem positive to me. I drive mine pretty fast through the curves on our local two lane mountain roads, and could swear the rear feels light like it's ready to let go, even with the front weight bias. I read the suspension is improved on the 2015.

I'd love to hear some comments on my question whether to change to the 2015. It will boil down to whether the extra cost is worth it, since I am very happy with my 2011.

Last edited by andysd; 03-05-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
It is tempting actually, new car... still there won't be plenty or parts to DIY, except follow Jp in terms of new stuff, it will take sometime for accessories to come out as well... and what I think is more important is that a New technology or whatever is new, may have some issues at the beginning ( hopefully not), just read the USA GM 2M recall for that matter 10 years after they "new" something was wrong....
Still I will try my best to support the Honda Fit, by getting a new one, once the car has been around some time... cheers Honda!

Old 03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Soon to be ex-spouse is taking my '07 Fit Sport (bought the week they came out in Mar/Apr '06), so I'm down for a 2015 Fit or 2015 Vezel ... which means I gotta wait to decide which one later this year.

Last edited by xorbe; 03-13-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Seems the timeline for my 2013 Fit being possibly totaled out and the new Fit coming out are growing closer to overlap. So if I were to choose between getting another 2013 or the new one, I'm 90% certain I'd get another 2013. I, personally, like the more boxy body style of a hatch back. The new one doesn't really look like a Fit to me. Just looks like a totally different car. I chose my Fit over most other cars because its hard to find a true hatchback anymore, and now it seems they're veering away from it once again with the new model.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
I might consider trading in my 09 for the 15 if it shares the same body as JDM. It looks like it does, just the different bumpers.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Got a 09 with 90K miles. I'd consider an upgrade, but only to the turbo engine (RS). I think that would make the commute more fun.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM
Hello all! My first post here. I like the looks of both and the safety upgrades seem like a positive one. I've been a fireman for 8years now and I've seen my fare share of wrecks. I think most modern cars hold up very well and more drivers are walking away from most of the ones I've seen. Seat belts being used makes a big difference too. That being said I don't currently have a FiT but I have been looking at new 2013 Sport 5speed. I'm torn on which one to get though.

Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by Irishredfireman
Hello all! My first post here. I like the looks of both and the safety upgrades seem like a positive one. I've been a fireman for 8years now and I've seen my fare share of wrecks. I think most modern cars hold up very well and more drivers are walking away from most of the ones I've seen. Seat belts being used makes a big difference too. That being said I don't currently have a FiT but I have been looking at new 2013 Sport 5speed. I'm torn on which one to get though.
Hey Welcome!

Yea, tough call but price and availability might help make up your mind> Manual transmissions have been pretty rare on lots and I visited many high volume dealerships when buying my 2012. Not sure what the ratio will be coming off the new line.

If you're not in a hurry and don't mind spending a bit more I'm sure the 2015 would be a nice car to own and would have some nice perks over the 2013.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
No way I would buy one for at least a year. My reasoning is because the new Fit is assembled in a brand new facilty with brand new workers. I think it will take a few months for the employees to get comfortable to the their tasks at the Celaya factory.

My car was assembled at the Sayama plant and the build quality is very good for a cheap car.

Quick Reply: Do you will like to change your FIT for the NEW 2015 model???