Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/81739-i-am-attending-press-event-2015-next-weekend.html)

accordguyintake 04-23-2014 01:00 PM

I have 225/50R15s on my 1st gen Fit with some fender massaging, I think you can get it to work :D

amy_wilhelmina 04-23-2014 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 1234210)
I think the car handles great, BUT I am sad that turning off the traction control button will still let the car intervene under "extreme" conditions.

Oh, gah. I hope you don't mean like preventing acceleration if you're slipping. I guess it works great for hydroplaning, but accelerating my Prius C that has that feature in the snow is freakin' impossible! The tail just slides back and forth while everyone else at the 4 way stop looks at me like I'm nuts! :iough:

ak_honda 04-23-2014 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina (Post 1234277)
Oh, gah. I hope you don't mean like preventing acceleration if you're slipping. I guess it works great for hydroplaning, but accelerating my Prius C that has that feature in the snow is freakin' impossible! The tail just slides back and forth while everyone else at the 4 way stop looks at me like I'm nuts! :iough:

That's where owning a m/t helps - get going in 2nd instead of 1st

accordguyintake 04-24-2014 12:42 PM

I don't think it's like the Prius where it completely cuts off power, maybe just limits power. I think it's more the stability control kicking in (saving the car from sliding around left and right) and less the traction control (unable to put power down)

Carfour 04-25-2014 03:57 PM

Jason,

Thank you for your insightful review of the 2015 Honda Fit.
The information that you provided helped me decide to make this my next purchase.
My local Honda dealer will only put me on a wait list as they won't take a deposit until they have a vin#.
I will be getting either an LX or EX, as I will only buy a manual transmission Fit.
If Honda made a EX-L Navigation Six Speed , I would buy it. Oh well.

Anyway, thank you.

ColinS 04-25-2014 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by ak_honda (Post 1234288)
That's where owning a m/t helps - get going in 2nd instead of 1st

2nd gear starts are possible in all current Acura Sportshift implementations. I'm not saying it will be true for the 2015 Fit, but I wouldn't rule it out without checking first.

ak_honda 04-25-2014 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ColinS (Post 1234579)
2nd gear starts are possible in all current Acura Sportshift implementations. I'm not saying it will be true for the 2015 Fit, but I wouldn't rule it out without checking first.

Ya I know autos can do it also; I prefer the fine throttling between gas/clutch in 2nd to get out of snowy spots or up icy hills in the winter. I'm also partial as all my vehicles (other than my current temporary one until I get the fit) are all manuals. ;)

Green Leaf 05-05-2014 12:33 AM

My wife bought a Fit a few weeks ago. I was aware that the 2015 is coming soon and I think the changes and improvements are wonderful. It was almost as if Honda had taken my personal wish list and fulfilled every request.

There was only one problem though, and it took the 2015 off of my shopping list: there is just no way I am going to buy a year #1 car built in Mexico. To be honest, I am unlikely to buy a car built in Mexico at all although 5 years of reliability data could change my opinion.

I wish Honda well in their venture, and I hope in 5 years I can write that I was a ninny for no good reason.

TCroly 05-05-2014 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Green Leaf (Post 1236023)
My wife bought a Fit a few weeks ago. I was aware that the 2015 is coming soon and I think the changes and improvements are wonderful. It was almost as if Honda had taken my personal wish list and fulfilled every request.

There was only one problem though, and it took the 2015 off of my shopping list: there is just no way I am going to buy a year #1 car built in Mexico. To be honest, I am unlikely to buy a car built in Mexico at all although 5 years of reliability data could change my opinion.

I wish Honda well in their venture, and I hope in 5 years that I can write that I was a ninny for no good reason.

Your concern is well understood and is the exact same thing so many said back in the 80's and 90's when Honda and Toyota began opening their manufacturing plants here in America. And those plants generally matched the quality of the formerly Japan manufactured vehicles.

Having said that it is worth noting that the Honda Fit is THE most trouble free vehicle sold in America according to Consumer reports owners surveys and that is a very high standard to live up to. But the second most reliable vehicle in America is the Honda CRV and guess where it is currently being manufactured? Both Liberty, Ohio and El Salto, Mexico.

Green Leaf 05-05-2014 02:00 AM

This pricing is from the car buying service offered through USAA

HTML Code:

MODEL                MPG        ENGINE                    MSRP STARTING AT
LX                33/41        Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L        $16,325
EX                32/38        Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L        $18,235
EX-L                32/38        Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L        $19,800

idletickover 05-05-2014 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Green Leaf (Post 1236023)
--- SNIP ---
I am unlikely to buy a car built in Mexico at all although 5 years of reliability data could change my opinion.

I wish Honda well in their venture, and I hope in 5 years I can write that I was a ninny for no good reason.

You'd prefer it be assembled in Detroit, eh?

OK… maybe not #1… and yes, we'll wait a few months for the market to settle down, but I'm confident that with the robots programmed in Japan and with their katana at the ready, the Japanese quality enforcers will ensure we receive a world class product.

P.S. What will you be driving in the interim five years? ;)

siguy 05-05-2014 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Green Leaf (Post 1236035)
This pricing is from the car buying service offered through USAA

HTML Code:

MODEL        MPG    ENGINE                    MSRP STARTING AT
LX        33/41    Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L    $16,325
EX        32/38    Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L    $18,235
EX-L        32/38    Regular Unleaded I-4 1.5 L    $19,800

I got my car thru USAA and got a good deal. 13 Fit 5 MT Base.

Got a little extra off cuz they found out that I was stationed at Walker AFB, in Roswell.....that's why I'm a little...strange....:rotfl:
No I never saw any aliens, except maybe the 1st Sgt....

cmchan 05-11-2014 05:24 PM

Did you get a chance to drive it on the highway? I'm interested in its effectiveness in undertaking, etc.