Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   I am attending the Press Event for the 2015 Next Weekend! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/81739-i-am-attending-press-event-2015-next-weekend.html)

slowxturtle 03-30-2014 05:05 PM

Wow! Thanks! I joined this forum so I could follow this thread. Thanks!!

ColinS 03-30-2014 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lance (Post 1229726)
I would say the mothers with strollers were impressed with that about as much as I was. :popc:But good job anyways. It looks like that test drive was a real hunt to find good corners to let it out on.

;) They are probably thinking, "I can do better than that with the stroller" :p

ncoflin 03-30-2014 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 1229741)
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps61bde528.jpg
SERIOUS PICTURES! (With a point-and-shoot.. lol)

Is that lighter colored car silver or white? I guess my eyes must be failing me in my old age.

slowxturtle 03-30-2014 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by ncoflin (Post 1229752)
Is that lighter colored car silver or white? I guess my eyes must be failing me in my old age.

That's silver without a doubt. Look how small that bumper is, lol. Seems like any rear impact will result in damage to the hatch. Also not a big fan of those fake rear vents, but LOVE everything else about this new fit.

Jason, PM'd ya. Can you check your messages?

TCroly 03-30-2014 07:40 PM

Jason rocks!

Thanks so much for the pictures and info Jason!

For me, I have seen enough. As soon as my dealer gets up to speed, I am ready to place my order for a 15 Fit EX 6sp.

While it is still not clear if I could get leather with a 6 speed, I have a feeling a car equipped as such would be very far and few between, even should it be offered. The EX will be the volume trim and it really includes everything I have required in my next car.

I have been researching other car choices for the past few months, but after seeing these pictures and info released so far, I am sold on another fit. I may have waited for the new Vezel (HR-V), but it appears that it will not be offered with a 6spd.

Thanks again Jason, I look forward to reading your driving impressions when they are allowed to be posted.

TCroly 03-30-2014 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 1229741)

Nice to see the cars shown were indeed built in the new factory. Interesting to note that this car was produced in December 2013. This would have been at least 2 months prior to the start of the full assembly line production. I expect such cars are very tightly scrutinized for proper assembly, but may not be indicative of production line quality.

accordguyintake 03-30-2014 10:02 PM

good point, we will have to see when production models make it to the dealership :)

yuwan63755 03-30-2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by TCroly (Post 1229791)
Nice to see the cars shown were indeed built in the new factory. Interesting to note that this car was produced in December 2013. This would have been at least 2 months prior to the start of the full assembly line production. I expect such cars are very tightly scrutinized for proper assembly, but may not be indicative of production line quality.

Appears the noted mfg. sticker vehicle was number 69, so there were many cars produced that were probably sent to various auto shows and publicity opportunities, as well as some being sent to Honda for their approval. I would hope that none of these make it to the dealer showrooms, which should only be new production.

Santiad 03-31-2014 09:31 AM

hmm....guessing they trimmed down the number of cup holders....I've always liked the fact that I had more cup holder spaces than just about every other car on the road....other than that I'm not sure if I'm stoked on the exterior design. I like the front end, but that's about it....as for the interior, I like the back up cam and touchscreen controls and the fact you can get leather and a moonroof....but feel some of the charm is gone...can wait to test drive one though to see if it's just me.

Note-ified 03-31-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 1229730)
I'll try to review my notes and start working on a story with my impressions, all my notes and questions, and things I've learned from PR people engineers I've spoken to. I'll have it ready to go when the Embargo is lifted on 4/9 :)

For now, another little corner hunting video. Words were scarce but actions spoke louder :) I have one more video as I was leaving the parking lot with the 2015 for the first time, it will finish processing shortly :D

2015 Honda Fit 6-Speed Manual searches for some fun corners to carve! - YouTube

i like how you blew through a stop sign lol

ROTTBOY 03-31-2014 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Note-ified (Post 1229905)
i like how you blew through a stop sign lol

Look how different us Fit owners are. Your priority was concentrated on accordguyintake's driving, how the vehicle sounded, the road etc...........
I was mainly focused on his rearview mirror trying to get a glipse of his female passengers!!!

Originally Posted by Santiad (Post 1229899)
hmm....guessing they trimmed down the number of cup holders........but feel some of the charm is gone...can wait to test drive one though to see if it's just me.

Don't let them feelings drive your conclusions. Wait at least for the test drive and make the decision then. Pics and write-ups on a JDM designed product usually drives a few of us (that includes me), but for those who have concerns and speculations, its time to befriend the sales dept. at your area dealers and book that test drive!!!:vtec:
Lets continue to savour what we have (GD's and GE's). Reality is they're now gone, and GK's, the inevitable future.
As for me, a cup holder less or more, won't stop me from buying a car. It will never be enough. I need at least 12 to hold a case of beer!!!:rotfl:

Santiad 03-31-2014 10:54 AM

true

True enough....I'll have to test drive to see if its time for me to move on to a Mazda3 or Kia Soul...

In the meanwhile, I'll savor the little moments with my GE8 like:

-pulling up to the gym and having 4 1 liter bottles of poland spring throughout my major cupholders, shaker cup on the lower ones.

-pulling up to a dinner party with some bottles in the rear door cupholders

-falling in love with my Fit each time I rent another car for work (every other week for a couple days at a time)

-imagining keeping my fit on the road until 200,00k

redsun 03-31-2014 11:12 AM

Thank you, Sir Jason, for your fine "work"! Enjoyed the videos very much.

I found myself listening for the dreaded rev-hang that (for me) plagued the first two generations. It seems to be toned down? Looking forward to your comments on this issue when the embargo is lifted.

Great pics too!

accordguyintake 03-31-2014 11:20 AM

I really can't wait to tell you guys of my findings. Santiad, hold on!! You'll love my findings, I promise you!

Redsun, I paid REAL close attention to the gas pedal/clutch pedal operation. So I definitely have some good feedback for you :)

megaman45 03-31-2014 12:07 PM

I'm going to be really boring with my first post to this forum and say that I'm most excited to hear about the good news on price......

amy_wilhelmina 03-31-2014 01:31 PM

I just signed up on here to follow this thread! Jason, thank you so much for sharing and gathering information. Can't wait 'til you can share all the details!:ohnoes:

I do have one question that I think can be answered.. How much stuff could you fit in the trunk? Would a carry-on size roller bag, for example, fit in the trunk height-wise or would it have to be turned horizontally? I don't need a lot of room but the trunk space is a big deal for me since we own a Prius C and its trunk is teeny tiny.

accordguyintake 03-31-2014 01:39 PM

oh man... I have the First Generation Fit and I've had so many airport trips with it...

I've fit like 3-4 average size luggages easily into the trunk and a couple more with the backseats folded up as well. I don't think that will be an issue for you :) I think you can place them upright, it's a fairly tall car

amy_wilhelmina 03-31-2014 01:49 PM

OK, great!! This will be my first Fit so I was kind of concerned. Seems like the Fit has a significantly larger trunk than most other subcompacts on the market. Excited about the Magic Seats as well, but sometimes I need to fit 2 adults in the backseat and their luggage so great to know that that won't be a problem! Getting rid of my old SUV for the Fit so will only have 2 subcompacts now and the Prius C has a pitiful trunk! :violin:

accordguyintake 03-31-2014 01:57 PM

Aww well I'm sure it makes up for that with awesome economy numbers? The rear seats split 60/40 so sometimes if I really need to, I'll adjust the side that has 1 seat so two people can still sit in the back. You can raise the seat cushion to create a tall space inside the cabin by the other 2 rear seats, or drop it to the floor to pass through some items from the trunk :)

amy_wilhelmina 03-31-2014 02:04 PM

Yes, with the Prius C we are averaging like 55-60 mpg. So that is definitely the payoff! The trunk is barely there and the headroom in the back is horrible because of the way it has to be curved for aerodynamics so I'm hoping the Fit is just big enough for the occasion of 2 large adults and luggage.

I know about the flexibility of the seats, but if I have 2 adults, like my aunt and uncle for example who are 6'0 and 6'4 there's no way one of them could use the middle seat. I'm just hoping they can get their legs and head in the new Honda Fit without suffering.. haha.