3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Review geared towards tech in fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
Review geared towards tech in fit

2015 Honda Fit review: Best subcompact for tech, but not the cheapest | ExtremeTech

I like that this review spends a bit more time explaining the tech features of the new fit.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TCroly
.......like that this review spends a bit more time explaining the tech features.........
Like x2.

Another great job finding the article and making the link available to all. Your truly a "Fit" gentleman.
Hopefully you can keep on trolling the internet and look for a review solely on the LX model w/ the 6-speed manual. That's the version I have incoming. For now, you and I can only read. Don't think the island will get anything till May/June.

Keep 'em comin!!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Like x2.

Another great job finding the article and making the link available to all. Your truly a "Fit" gentleman.
Hopefully you can keep on trolling the internet and look for a review solely on the LX model w/ the 6-speed manual. That's the version I have incoming. For now, you and I can only read. Don't think the island will get anything till May/June.

Keep 'em comin!!!!
I do not think that Honda has given the press a look at the LX yet. And I have a theory that the LX CVT lacks the sound deadening that was put into the EX in an effort to save weight. This weight reduction helps them obtain the extra fuel economy that they are touting. But they don't want the press driving these noisy LXs and then writing a bunch of articles about how noisy the new fit is. However, I think the sound deadening is incorporated in the 6MT LX since it is only 31 pounds lighter than the CVT LX while the 6MT EX is 57 pounds lighter than the CVT EX.

As for Hawaii cars, Honda Windward is showing 16 EX CVTs with vin numbers as incoming. Since they already have vins, they should be here in a month or less. But no LXs and no 6MTs.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, the LX 6 MT would be what I would be interested in. I've read a TON of reviews so far and all seem to be kinda the same. Edmunds.com is the best so far. What I want to see is when they take the Fit to the track. 1/4 mile times, braking from 60-0, etc etc. That is what I would use to compare to my 2013 Fit 5 MT. Still not that excited about the styling, but I like the new engine and the standard back up camera. Do wish the 6 speed was a bit taller in 6th gear, so RPM's would be lower. Oh well, at least they still have a stick.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TCroly
.........they don't want the press driving these noisy LXs..................As for Hawaii cars,.....showing 16 EX CVTs ..incoming. .........should be here in a month or less. But no LXs and no 6MTs.
You could just be right.

As with the previous GD & GE, the dealer makes most profit on the Sport ($800 - $1,000 w/ no dealer incentives included). Suspect that Honda wants to deliver upper end models initially, so dealers can capitalize on the initial demand created by the half-way decent price point in this segment and press releases.

Pacific Honda may get one LX in their first shipment but they can't (or won't) confirm. They most probably will keep it for themselves as a demo???? Despite my being the "first" on the list, its looking like there were many so-called "firsts". That's the car industry for you. Am not complaining as my contract clearly states my selling price will be the official Honda US MRSP plus published PDI/Freight plus taxes/license but that's it. No useless dealer add-ons.

Thankfully, my June/July delivery will not be that painfull.

Owe this community a lot. The timely news and interesting discussions made me decide to downgrade my original choice of an EX to the LX.

Have learned from all the threads/posts, am now saving up for the added stuff I'm gonna deck the new puppy with. Alloys for sure then maybe search for a reliable perimeter entry/push button start system. These two items are at the top my list. After that, will have to start hiding all future accessory purchases from the wife!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:49 AM
5 Year Member
Angry

That article claims that XM and HD Radio will only be available with Navi.

WTF?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Hard to tell how limited the 5" screen on the LX is going to be... only functions being radio and backup camera? Seems silly to have bluetooth calling available, but no siri eyes free functionality... hoping there might be a way to load that software into the system somehow.

Originally Posted by siguy
Yeah, the LX 6 MT would be what I would be interested in. I've read a TON of reviews so far and all seem to be kinda the same. Edmunds.com is the best so far..
I've been waiting for the edmunds review... but whenever I visit the site it's still nowhere to be found. Do you have a link?

Old 04-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by snowmany
Hard to tell how limited the 5" screen on the LX is going to be... only functions being radio and backup camera? Seems silly to have bluetooth calling available, but no siri eyes free functionality... hoping there might be a way to load that software into the system somehow.
There is a 5" screen standard in my ILX, it's ok but the image doesn't have the resolution of the larger screens. With the ILX Siri Eyes Free is excluded from the base model too. It seems as if the two (base and premium) are the same radio, but I'm not aware of anyone who's tried to add the software to a car not on "the list" of approved cars.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by snowmany

I've been waiting for the edmunds review... but whenever I visit the site it's still nowhere to be found. Do you have a link?
All the reviews I have found including edmund's are listed in this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1231476