3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

16" Machine Finish Alloy Wheels for Honda Fit 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
16" Machine Finish Alloy Wheels for Honda Fit 2015

Hello guys

I saw in the US Honda Website those wheels

Someone of you knows the part number?

Regards,
Luis

Old 06-12-2014, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
According to Bernardi Parts: 08W16-T5A-100

Old 06-12-2014, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Which fit model is this for? I'm specifically wondering what the weight is for the LX CVT model but I'm interested in any/all the wheel weights of all models of the 2015 Fit.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
It'll work for all models but those who have or are getting these for their LX will need to buy tires as well. FORTUNATELY for GK owners, there are NO Tire Pressure Sensors in the wheels.

Edit: Mind you, this is for GK gens only. No known compatibility between the GD and GE generations.

Last edited by Hootie; 06-12-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
It'll work for all models but those who have or are getting these for their LX will need to buy tires as well. FORTUNATELY for GK owners, there are NO Tire Pressure Sensors in the wheels.

Edit: Mind you, this is for GK gens only. No known compatibility between the GD and GE generations.
Already done --> General AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated)

I'm still getting used to what GK-GD-GE generations Fits are.
So I guess you are saying I could purchase 15" Enkei's that fit GK Fits, with 185/60-15 General AltiMAX RT43's and I'm good as gold?

Old 06-12-2014, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
So I guess you are saying I could purchase 15" Enkei's that fit GK Fits, with 185/60-15 General AltiMAX RT43's and I'm good as gold?
I didn't say or suggest such a thing. My comments were regarding factory and accessory wheels.

Regarding aftermarket wheels and tire sizes, I honestly don't have a clue what tire size would be ran on the Base (LX, but I'm still calling them Bases ) at this time since I've YET to see an LX trim GK. In addition to that, the tire width and offset limitations of the 3rd gen are also unknown at this time due to the car JUST now coming out for public release.

BUT, you do not have to worry about transferring/breaking/replacing tire sensors during tire/wheel replacement since there are NONE. Honda went with the same TPMS featured on the '13 Accords, '14 Civics, and '14 CR-Vs which use wheel speed sensors to monitor tire pressure. You just have to initiate the Tire Pressure Learn process after checking pressures and/or rotating tires.

There aren't even 10 GK owners on the forum in the states YET. So please, be patient until this knowledge becomes available OR step up to the plate and be a pioneer and find out for the Fit community. (I mean this in a encouraging manner by the way)

IF memory serves me right though the EX and EX-L are running the same size tires like the GE8 Sport is (185/55R16s)... Factory wheel offset is unknown for now.

Last edited by Hootie; 06-12-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
My apologies Hooties! I read your comment WAY wrong in my haste at work. You were simply talking about these wheels for the base LX.
I actually was reading another thread and replying to this one at the same time (two monitors).

Man....I got issues!

Old 06-13-2014, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
My apologies Hooties! I read your comment WAY wrong in my haste at work. You were simply talking about these wheels for the base LX.
I actually was reading another thread and replying to this one at the same time (two monitors).

Man....I got issues!
It's alright, it happens to the best of us.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Honda went with the same TPMS featured on the '13 Accords, '14 Civics, and '14 CR-Vs which use wheel speed sensors to monitor tire pressure.
This is where I should mention I am taking my 13 Accord in to get looked at in the next few days because the sensors are not working properly.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Myth Busted!!

[QUOTE=Myxalplyx;1242616]
I actually was reading another thread and replying to this one at the same time (two monitors)./QUOTE]

The MYTH of multi-tasking BUSTED again!! my definition: Multi-tasking: doing a number of things at the same time, and NONE of them well!!

Old 06-13-2014, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
This is where I should mention I am taking my 13 Accord in to get looked at in the next few days because the sensors are not working properly.
The wheel speed sensors aren't working properly? Are your ABS or stability control malfunction lights on or is it just a over-sensitive calibration issue?

Personally, I could care less about the TPMS as they indicate trouble long after a competent owner would have seen it. With rubber-band tires they might make sense, but with 55 or higher series tires you'll see a low tire before the TPMS will report it.

Another legacy of the Ford/Firestone débâcle.

I'd like to find a set of Honda Civic Hybrid alloys. Good looking, easy to clean, and the right size for reasonably priced tires. Have to start hitting the wrecking yards!

Last edited by GeorgeL; 06-13-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Take a trip to Canada. Certain trim level GE8 Fits come equipped with a 4 lug version of Civic Hybrid wheels.

Originally Posted by Andrew Briscoe
Again, there are NO tire pressure sensors in this style of TPMS. The system works by using the vehicle's wheel speed sensors. (Mind you, I'm not confirming nor denying that there could be a fault with the system.) If they're was a fault, the VSA and/or ABS would likely be on as well since they both rely on wheel speed sensors as well to function.

This is just a preliminary check list here...

Are you adjusting your tire pressure to Honda's spec? 33 PSI front and rear on EX, EX-L, and Touring trims or 33 front/32 rear LX and Sport trims. (Some cars can be PICKY with their tire pressure, I'd double check your pressure with at least 2 KNOWN accurate tire pressure gauges.)

Are you still running the OEM sized tires? Whether they be the factory equipped or the Honda accessory wheel/tire packages. If different sized tires are ran with an outer diameter that is different from what the PCM is programmed to see then there could potentially be a problem.

Are you pressing and holding the TPMS calibration button long enough for the flat tire light to flash TWICE in the gauge cluster then driving off? The wheels have to rotate at LEAST a few revolutions to the PCM can begin to "learn" the tires' outer diameter.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Take a trip to Canada. Certain trim level GE8 Fits come equipped with a 4 lug version of Civic Hybrid wheels.

Again, there are NO tire pressure sensors in this style of TPMS. The system works by using the vehicle's wheel speed sensors. (Mind you, I'm not confirming nor denying that there could be a fault with the system.) If they're was a fault, the VSA and/or ABS would likely be on as well since they both rely on wheel speed sensors as well to function.

This is just a preliminary check list here...

Are you adjusting your tire pressure to Honda's spec? 33 PSI front and rear on EX, EX-L, and Touring trims or 33 front/32 rear LX and Sport trims. (Some cars can be PICKY with their tire pressure, I'd double check your pressure with at least 2 KNOWN accurate tire pressure gauges.)

Are you still running the OEM sized tires? Whether they be the factory equipped or the Honda accessory wheel/tire packages. If different sized tires are ran with an outer diameter that is different from what the PCM is programmed to see then there could potentially be a problem.

Are you pressing and holding the TPMS calibration button long enough for the flat tire light to flash TWICE in the gauge cluster then driving off? The wheels have to rotate at LEAST a few revolutions to the PCM can begin to "learn" the tires' outer diameter.
Here more information related to:

Tire-pressure monitoring system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I`m pretty sure HONDA use the indirect technology as described by Hootie

Luis

Old 06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
I doubt that either tire size (as long as they are all the same) or pressure (as long as your are consistent with how you inflate the tires) will make a difference. A TPMS system works by comparing the wheel speeds to each other.

When you calibrate the system you are telling it that the tires are at correct pressure and to learn the ratios between the four wheel speeds. Ideally, these should be 1:1, but in reality they are not as tires, even new ones, are seldom identical.

Once learned, the system continuously calculates the wheel rotational speed relationships and if one varies from the calibrated value for a period of time the warning light comes on. If the system is really done well it could even tell you which tire is low, but I don't think that Honda went that far.

Changing wheel or tire sizes shouldn't make any difference because the TPMS system compares rotational speeds, not the speed of the car. As long as the wheels and tires are all the same size they should be within the calibration range of the system, even if you run 'dubs. Same thing for pressures. If you prefer to run somewhat higher pressures for better economy and tire wear you should be able to do so, as long as you set the pressures high before you calibrate and keep them at that level.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
I doubt that either tire size (as long as they are all the same) or pressure (as long as your are consistent with how you inflate the tires) will make a difference. A TPMS system works by comparing the wheel speeds to each other.

When you calibrate the system you are telling it that the tires are at correct pressure and to learn the ratios between the four wheel speeds. Ideally, these should be 1:1, but in reality they are not as tires, even new ones, are seldom identical.

Once learned, the system continuously calculates the wheel rotational speed relationships and if one varies from the calibrated value for a period of time the warning light comes on. If the system is really done well it could even tell you which tire is low, but I don't think that Honda went that far.

Changing wheel or tire sizes shouldn't make any difference because the TPMS system compares rotational speeds, not the speed of the car. As long as the wheels and tires are all the same size they should be within the calibration range of the system, even if you run 'dubs. Same thing for pressures. If you prefer to run somewhat higher pressures for better economy and tire wear you should be able to do so, as long as you set the pressures high before you calibrate and keep them at that level.
Actually... It does matter what tire pressure and size is. Here is why...

Over-inflated tires will have a slightly larger overall diameter then that of a properly inflated of the same size... the opposite is true for under-inflated tires, they'll have smaller overall diameters.

On the tire pressure sticker of every '13+ Accord, '14+ Civic, '14+ CR-V and '15+ Fit equipped with this style TPMS you will notice a code that is unique for certain tire sizes. This code is used to program the PCM to look for a specific window of rotational speed from each wheel using the wheel speed sensors, once the PCM sees that one or more tires are out of that window then the tire pressure light will come on. This will happen even if you are initiating the TPMS relearn procedure at 25 PSI or even 45 PSI... The PCM is always going to look for the rotational speeds at its programmed guide lines.

With that said, let's go into greater detail regarding tire size...

Let's use the Michelin Primacy MXV4 as a reference tire for an example since it's available for almost ALL Accord trims except the Sport. Notice how in the EX, EX-L, and Touring trim size of 215/55R17 that the outer diameter is 26.3 inches. Now... Look at the LX trim's 205/65R16 is actually a 26.5 inch OD tire.

If one were to have an Accord LX sedan equipped with the standard (26.5 inch O.D.) 205/65R16s and do a wheel and tire swap with an Accord EX, EX-L or Touring sedan (the 26.3 inch O.D., 215/55R17) WITHOUT TPMS REPROGRAMMING (I.E. - Tire size code). The LX could potentially have issues with their TPMS due to the smaller overall diameter of the EX and higher trim tires... even if they ran the EX and higher trim tire pressure of 33 PSI due to the PCM seeing that the wheel speed sensors are seeing FASTER rotational speeds which is commonly seen from under-inflated/flat tires.

The opposite would be true going from an EX, EX-L, or Touring and putting LX wheels and tires on it. The PCM will see that the tires are rotating slower than they are supposed to and could potentially get the flat tire light due to it rotating slower than usual. Which is a characteristic of an over-inflated tire.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
I don't get it.

Actually... It does matter what tire pressure and size is. Here is why...

Let's use the Michelin Primacy MXV4 as a reference tire for an example since it's available for almost ALL Accord trims except the Sport. Notice how in the EX, EX-L, and Touring trim size of 215/55R17 that the outer diameter is 26.3 inches. Now... Look at the LX trim's 205/65R16 is actually a 26.5 inch OD tire.

If one were to have an Accord LX sedan equipped with the standard (26.5 inch O.D.) 205/65R16s and do a wheel and tire swap with an Accord EX, EX-L or Touring sedan (the 26.3 inch O.D., 215/55R17) WITHOUT TPMS REPROGRAMMING (I.E. - Tire size code). The LX could potentially have issues with their TPMS due to the smaller overall diameter of the EX and higher trim tires... even if they ran the EX and higher trim tire pressure of 33 PSI due to the PCM seeing that the wheel speed sensors are seeing FASTER rotational speeds which is commonly seen from under-inflated/flat tires.

The opposite would be true going from an EX, EX-L, or Touring and putting LX wheels and tires on it. The PCM will see that the tires are rotating slower than they are supposed to and could potentially get the flat tire light due to it rotating slower than usual. Which is a characteristic of an over-inflated tire.
If you have (2) 2015 Honda Fits, Fit (B) with tires with circumference 5% larger than Fit (A) with stock tires, then if both sets of wheels are rotating the same number of times/minute, then both speedometers will read the same, but Fit (B) will cover 5% more ground than Fit (A). How can the cars possibly know that there is a differential in distance covered? What sensor in the car knows that Fit (B) has the wrong size tires?

Such a sensor would have to compare actual speed such as from a GPS to computed speed from the wheel sensors. Alternatively, it would have to "sense" that the size of the tire is out of spec. for that car.

In 2008 the law went into effect requiring direct monitoring of pressure in tires and that "required" sensors in each tire. My understanding for this is that they were afraid that the indirect systems could not detect if all tires lost air at the same rate. At that time the indirect systems monitored the ratio of revolutions/wheel for all the wheels and if that stayed constant, then no TPMS light would light, so if all tires went from 30 PSI to 20 PSI no light would light, but all tires would be underinflated. What changed in the new indirect systems so they could monitor this condition? Alternatively, they may have decided that the added expense of the sensors, their maintenance, etc. was not worth the gain in detecting if all tires were low. Does anyone know the answer?

Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Where's the evidence?

Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Personally, I could care less about the TPMS as they indicate trouble long after a competent owner would have seen it. With rubber-band tires they might make sense, but with 55 or higher series tires you'll see a low tire before the TPMS will report it.
What evidence do you have that the information you are providing here has any basis in fact? This runs contrary to independent testing done by tirerack. Look for a search of "tire rack tpms vs visual". The URL is too long here.

It also runs contrary to my own experience. This past winter, I got in my 2009 Fit and drove to the end of my street when the TPMS low pressure light came on. I could not tell by looking which tire was low and wondered if there was a fault in the TPMS system. A pressure gauge showed 3 tires between 30 and 32 and one at 23 PSI. That one had a slow leak, but even after I saw the pressure gauge, I could not tell visually.

IMHO one should have strong evidence to support a claim that safety equipment is not important. Otherwise people might believe a "story" and disable said equipment. Hopefully you have such evidence.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just in case, someone of you tested this Wheel in a GE8???

The technical specs of that wheel will be appreciated if someone knows

Tire size recommended
16 x XX JJ
Bolt pattern
etc

Regards,
Luis