3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Any Passionberry Pearl showing up anywhere yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 AM
Any Passionberry Pearl showing up anywhere yet?

My favorite color has always been purple, but most of the purple cars I see on the road are off shades that don't appeal to me. My current car was available in a color called "black currant" that looks like a great purple in pictures, but in real life looks more like a brownish maroon to me.

So far, I'm liking what I see of the "passionberry pearl" in Honda's pictures, but I haven't seen any in real life yet. If anybody has pictures other than the ones on Honda's website, please post them. I know it's still not "real life," but more pictures gives one a broader impression of what it is like...

Thanks!

(My next choices, BTW, are the black or the blue.)

Old 06-30-2014, 01:08 AM
Unhappy

I am wondering the same thing. I saw one on autotrader at a local dealer and called today. They said they had it in. I arrived 2 hours after that call and they didn't. They said oh it was sold last night. The person that told you that we had it didn't know. I was so pissed. I am like you I want to see it in person too or at least see someone post some photos. It's so frustrating.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:38 AM
Blade Shunner and Dancer41

my wife and i test drove this little guy just yesterday.

EX-6MT; located in Phoenix, AZ at Showcase Honda; in 103 degree dry heat!!

the color is quite nice, but we went to test drive it as its the only EX-6MT in our area. The rest of the cars are Black and Silver, in EX-CVT/ EX-CVT-NAVI.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Thanks for for sharing - it looks more brownish to me hmmm. It's so hard to tell on the web.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
[QUOTE=ETFitRS;1246477]......test drove this little guy.......in 103 degree dry heat!![QUOTE]

Let us know your impressions on the M/T. How did the A/C hold up???

Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM
I saw one here in Nashville when we went for a test drive (we ended up getting the Blue). It was early evening, so the light wasn't the best, but it looked pretty dark to me. The picture posted makes it look a lot lighter. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks, ETFitRS!

That picture almost makes the car look the same brownish maroon I didn't care for on the Toyotas/Scions.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
I think it looks lovely, can't wait for mine to arrive

Old 06-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Purple

I am waiting on a purple also. There is a Honda accord in my neighborhood that I swear has the same color purple even though I'm sure that is impossible. In person it looks pretty purple and in the shadows, almost black. I agree that this pic posted here looks more plummy but even in the darker spots on that photo, you can see more purple blue tones.

To stay my anxiety about when mine is getting here, my husband sent me pics of some real ones today from cars.com...they were out west I think? Those showed the color differently than the photo posted here too. I love it...just wish I had a clue when it was going to arrive.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Surferrosy
I am waiting on a purple also. There is a Honda accord in my neighborhood that I swear has the same color purple even though I'm sure that is impossible. In person it looks pretty purple and in the shadows, almost black. I agree that this pic posted here looks more plummy but even in the darker spots on that photo, you can see more purple blue tones.

To stay my anxiety about when mine is getting here, my husband sent me pics of some real ones today from cars.com...they were out west I think? Those showed the color differently than the photo posted here too. I love it...just wish I had a clue when it was going to arrive.
The waiting is difficult, right? My dealer has one coming from another dealership, they called to try and at least get the VIN today, but not yet <sigh>

Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by frogster
The waiting is difficult, right? My dealer has one coming from another dealership, they called to try and at least get the VIN today, but not yet <sigh>
YES. We test drove the Milano Red EX the day after it arrived and I think the guy thought we were crazy because we didn't just want to buy that one. Mostly my husband has dealt with him and supposedly we too are getting a purple from a dealer swap but no update or VIN# or anything either. We put down a deposit but they have never cashed the check so.....?

I have been checking here every day for any word, mention, or inkling about passion berry pearl and today was the first time I have seen anything really. I think we are going to call or email this week to see if there is any word on arrival. Fingers crossed!

Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 PM
I too, am awaiting the Passion Berry Pearl! I drove an Alabaster Silver EX-L on Saturday, as that was the only one on the lot, and I loved it! I'll probably be trading in my Accord for it.

I saw a CR-Z in the Passion Berry Pearl at one dealership, and I'd say the color has more black/bluish tones to the purple than redish/plum. It's a beautiful color in my opinion. My second choice is black.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 PM
I am going to test drive one tomorrow - don't know what color it will be- dealer emailed me to say they just got a truckload in and I have been asking since since April when are they coming? It will be my first time driving any Fit. I have a 2003 CRV and want to go smaller and get better mileage. It's so weird in that photo it looks plumb but you say more purple and bluish. I doubt the dealer got any passion berry in. My second choice would be silver. Hubby had the silver CRV 2014 and it's a pretty color. Mine is silver but a darker one. I hope I like it and can adjust to a lower car. I am short and I like that I can see everything and being up high in my car now.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:54 PM
ntx
last I checked there's one in the DFW area

Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by frogster
I think it looks lovely, can't wait for mine to arrive

I'm sure it is a very lovely color, and I hope I didn't offend. No color is inherently good or bad - the beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I just happen to like my purples on the indigo/violet end of the spectrum as opposed to the magenta/plum hues.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:35 PM
If it looks anything like the CR-Z I saw, I'd say you may like it, Blade Shunner. It's one of the colors that you have to see in person to decide if you really like it, though.

I agree with you - I prefer more bluish purple than magenta/pink/red toned purple.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:07 AM
I really like the colour and I love the colour names!

Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blade Shunner
I'm sure it is a very lovely color, and I hope I didn't offend. No color is inherently good or bad - the beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I just happen to like my purples on the indigo/violet end of the spectrum as opposed to the magenta/plum hues.
No offense taken I too prefer the indigo/violet spectrum, but am just happy to get a factory-option purple of any type - and in a Fit no less... Have noticed a few older PT Cruisers around town in purple, now that I'm watching for the color everywhere, heh.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Passion Berry Pearl color samples

The same color has apparently been used by Honda on the CRZ models in the 2013 and 2014 model years. You might find one of them in your area to look at and sample the color before a Fit arrives locally for you to see.

If you do a search on CARS.com, using a zip code local to you, then using the filters in the left column, you can get good results. Just search Honda and at the bottom of the column of filter selections put in your own Additional Keywords of passion berry...... Be sure to put the color in as two words and not a single combined word....Results will show you CR-Z's and Fits.... Sort by closest distance to you and you have some cars to look at.. Good luck and happy viewing.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:07 PM
Just got back from test drive- didn't get to get on the freeway- it literally was right off truck and didn't have enough gas. I liked it though. It was a silver exl. I did get to see a Passionberry one. It sold last night and was having the windows tinted. Honestly, I didn't fall I love with it. It's definitely more of a burgundy than a purple. I took a few photos. I have to figure out how to load them. I think the one etfitrs posted was a pretty good representation. I may go with the silver....

http://instagram.com/p/p7L1iASxaw/?modal=true

Last edited by Dancer41; 07-01-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added photo

Quick Reply: Any Passionberry Pearl showing up anywhere yet?