3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Any Passionberry Pearl showing up anywhere yet?

Old 04-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Random question for PBP owners. Do you think PBP is as shiny as the other colors? I've only seen the cars in person dirty (after a snow, on a Sunday when the lots are closed). I know some colors show dirt easier and some colors just don't seem to have the luster of others. But, when clean.... Does it have a nice shine?

Old 04-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCole78
Random question for PBP owners. Do you think PBP is as shiny as the other colors? I've only seen the cars in person dirty (after a snow, on a Sunday when the lots are closed). I know some colors show dirt easier and some colors just don't seem to have the luster of others. But, when clean.... Does it have a nice shine?

Interesting question... The one I test drove at the dealership was nice and shiny, and it was a bright sunny day. I loved the color. The other day I finally saw one on the road. Not as clean, and an overcast day. Now I'm not so sure about the color.

Old 04-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Blade Shunner
The other day I finally saw one on the road. Not as clean, and an overcast day. Now I'm not so sure about the color.
That's what concerns me. My initial thought is "Purple, I love purple! Of course that's the color I want!" Then I see pictures of other people's Fits and they look nice and shiny and I start to doubt my initial choice. I'm starting to like the yellow or the steel...

I still have months to go before making a decision. I think the time is making it worse lol

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCole78
That's what concerns me. My initial thought is "Purple, I love purple! Of course that's the color I want!" Then I see pictures of other people's Fits and they look nice and shiny and I start to doubt my initial choice. I'm starting to like the yellow or the steel...

I still have months to go before making a decision. I think the time is making it worse lol
I do have to say that my PBP Fit seems more noticeably dirty than my former Milano Red Fit was, driving the same roads - I feel the need to hit the car wash more often these days.

Not sure if this helps or not with the decision-making process or not, but when I mention to someone new that I have a "purple car", my colleagues chime in, "It's almost like black" - so many people will think it's a black car, whether clean OR dirty, until you get close enough to see the awesomeness of the true color

Old 05-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by frogster
Not sure if this helps or not with the decision-making process or not, but when I mention to someone new that I have a "purple car", my colleagues chime in, "It's almost like black" - so many people will think it's a black car, whether clean OR dirty, until you get close enough to see the awesomeness of the true color
Thank you! I'll keep that in mind when it's finally time to go to the dealership.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by frogster
I do have to say that my PBP Fit seems more noticeably dirty than my former Milano Red Fit was, driving the same roads - I feel the need to hit the car wash more often these days.

We also sold our 2008 Red Milano Fit so my Daughter could have the 2015 Fit in PBP. I think the color changes with the time of day. In bright sunlight, it sparkles. In overcast to nighttime, it goes dark. I do think it shows dirt (I consider it more reflective than my Wife's silver Mazda CX-5).

The bad thing about our old 2008 red Milano Fit, and I did not notice this until I reviewed the pictures we took before we sold it, the Red was fading on certain body panels.

My Daughters new Fit looks nice when clean. My Daughter is not one to visit the car wash much (she is too cheap), so I find myself offering to wash it every time she is home from school (since I am retired, what else do I have to do? You can only garden so much). She also likes the fact you don't see as many purple Fits as you might other colors (except perhaps yellow).

Last edited by Vanguard; 05-06-2015 at 05:33 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-25-2015, 02:28 AM
No PBP for me. I went by my local dealer Saturday and test drove both the Fit and the HR-V. To my surprise, I preferred the HR-V. I ended up walking away with a blue EX AWD! I just fell in love with that color/car. Surprising my husband as well. He thought I was dead set on Purple. The mulberry was just too dark. If I ever own a purple car it's going to be PURPLE.

Thanks for everyone's help/advice. I'm on to the HR-V forum now.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Well, no PBP for me, either... After all this time I finally bought a new car, and it is not a Fit. I took the Fit for two different test drives, and while I loved that color, I just didn't love the rest of the car. It would have been a very logical choice for me, but I just didn't fall in love with it.

I went and test drove a Fiesta, which I liked a lot, but it wasn't roomy enough for me and my art when I do my art and craft shows. The Ford dealer got back in touch with me after my test drive and mentioned that the larger Focus hatchback could actually be had for less money than the Fiesta after all the rebates. I took a drive and knew right away that I'd found my next car... I love it!

I know Ford has the potential for lots more "issues" than a Honda would, but for now at least I'm very happy with my choice... 2015 Focus SE with the appearance package (17 inch wheels, rear disk brakes, leather seats, etc.), sunroof, and 6 speed auto. Final price was less than a Fit EX.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
Well, no PBP for me, either... After all this time I finally bought a new car, and it is not a Fit. I took the Fit for two different test drives, and while I loved that color, I just didn't love the rest of the car. It would have been a very logical choice for me, but I just didn't fall in love with it.

I went and test drove a Fiesta, which I liked a lot, but it wasn't roomy enough for me and my art when I do my art and craft shows. The Ford dealer got back in touch with me after my test drive and mentioned that the larger Focus hatchback could actually be had for less money than the Fiesta after all the rebates. I took a drive and knew right away that I'd found my next car... I love it!

I know Ford has the potential for lots more "issues" than a Honda would, but for now at least I'm very happy with my choice... 2015 Focus SE with the appearance package (17 inch wheels, rear disk brakes, leather seats, etc.), sunroof, and 6 speed auto. Final price was less than a Fit EX.

With me, it was just the opposite. I loved everything about the new Fit EXCEPT the colors. Not one of the colors did anything for me. I'd like something in orange or green, but, no. Half of the colors aren't colors at all (black, white and two shades of gray). The red I might have gone with if it had been a nice metallic or pearl red, but I've seen too many older Fits in Milano red that have faded to a salmon pink color. I've had terrible luck with blue cars in the past with paint chipping, so I'll never have another blue car. The purple is too dark for my tastes-looks too close to black, too hard to keep clean. The yellow was a possibility, but not really my thing. My brother says it makes the car look like a Marshmallow Peep, and I agree.

In the end I went with white, and it's really starting to grow on me.

Glad you got a car you like. Enjoy.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Sounds like you got an awesome car! I too was tempted by all of ford's incentives, but in the end, I just fell in love with the versatility of the Fit. The Focus is a really nice looking hatchback and I hope you'll be really happy with it!!

Old 05-25-2015, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

From someone who owns more Ford stock than anyone should, THANK YOU!

Old 06-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Saw a PBP Fit yesterday while driving my Metallic Steel Fit with my 13 year old daughter. Got excited and I think my parenting is paying off...because she got a little excited too. :-)

Old 06-21-2015, 10:57 PM
I passed a PBP about two blocks from my house. The woman driving it and I briefly traded glances, I think we were both in shock to see another of the same car. I've seen lots of fits, but this is the first PBP since I got my two months ago.

Old 06-28-2015, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
I am seriously considering the PBP as I have had silver/grey cars and trucks for over 15 years. .and need a change. I too would be interested in seeing how big of % the PBP are.For sure it has to be 5% or less. If anyone has more pics of them in different lights please post. I just can't get grey again. I'll go black.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
Just got it home and love the color! I can tell now that it will be a part time job to keep it at its best. Sand/dirt in the door sills means I'll have to get a California Duster and keep it in the car! I KNOW with a good bath of Dawn, polish the clear coat then 3 coats of ReJex this car will really pop! First I have to get the cheep dealership wax off then a extinsive clay bar..