3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite NEW feature of the 2015 Fit?
Moonroof (EX only)
10.28%
Lane watch Camera (EX only)
6.54%
Back up camera
1.87%
Bluetooth phone integration
4.67%
Touch screen infotainment system
36.45%
Smart entry push button start (EX only)
4.67%
Drivers sider extended view side mirror
28.04%
CVT or 6 MT (compared to last years auto or 5 MT)
3.74%
Greater back seat legroom
3.74%
Higher HP/Fuel economy (compared to last years)
0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

What is your LEAST favorite NEw feature of the 2015 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Raziaar
The "press ok to be a responsible driver" disclaimer every time. I will glady sign a written contract indicating that I will always follow it under penalty of death, if I can get it to stop asking me every time.
If you don't touch it will it eventually go away on it's own?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tmport
My least favorite "feature" is the setup of the trim levels, which forces you to buy an EX-L to get pretty basic things like heated mirrors and a leather-wrapped steering wheel.
Not sure either of those are actually "basic" features though.

Originally Posted by john21031
I am against talking on the phone while driving, hence I chose "bluetooth phone integration as the most dangerous and unwanted feature".
Except texting =/= talking, on the phone.

While I admit, there are some fools that can't even handle talking on the phone while doing anything else... they are very few. The majority of people that get involved in accidents when "talking" on the phone are the ones trying to actively HOLD the phone to their heads. They're diverting some of their need "road attention" to the act of holding the phone. They end up prioritizing that over the road ahead of them or the space around them.

I almost got hit once, by a lady who had her neck craned so she could "hold" the phone to her ear. She was technically, hands-free...

For most, simply talking (via bluetooth, etc) isn't sufficiently distracting. It being no different than holding a conversation with your passenger.

Texting, on the other hand, requires you to constantly check the phone to make sure you're inputting something that resembles what you're trying to say... on top of needing at least one, if not both hands to do the actual inputting.

Last edited by Goobers; 07-03-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:30 AM
armrest

Yes the armrest in my 2015 Fit EX is virtually useless, but I am driving with two hands on the wheel and that's a good thing.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
I'm unhappy about no rear wheel disc brakes and no RS trim. I really wanted an orange RS.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
For most, simply talking (via bluetooth, etc) isn't sufficiently distracting. It being no different than holding a conversation with your passenger.

Texting, on the other hand, requires you to constantly check the phone to make sure you're inputting something that resembles what you're trying to say... on top of needing at least one, if not both hands to do the actual inputting.
That's been proven to not be true; talking on the phone becomes the primary occupation of the brains of drivers and driving is secondary, while the opposite is true for when you're having a conversation with a passenger. So it is more dangerous to talk on the phone than it is to have an in-car conversation.

I'd prefer that cars have cell phone interference built into the sound deadening in the cars, as people have proven time and time again that they can't be trusted with this technology - making it easier is only dealing with the connection, not with the problem.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Popeye
I'm unhappy about no rear wheel disc brakes and no RS trim. I really wanted an orange RS.
Completely agree with this, though not to concerned about the lack of orange.I like the car, but Honda should have included the RS kit at least on the EX models.I'm surprised that there aren't more people mentioning the lack of a kit for the 3rd Gen.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Manual gear ratios. Why bother with adding a gear if the final rpm is the same buzzy mess it was before?

Rear seat leg room / shrunk cargo space. I'm 6'2", long legs (34 length pants), and I can "sit behind myself" in my GE8 without my knees touching the seatback. I'd rather have the cargo space than extra legroom on top of what's already plenty.

I voted rear leg room.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Drove an EX-CVT.

2 complaints were the more refined drive (I like it more immediate and raw) and the dull, unpadded steering wheel.

I don't like the infotainment system and so voted, but I think I will get used to it and it may win me over in the end after I play with it. I listen to books on tape and my ipod, so I am not going to be that interactive with it in the long run anyway.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Oh heck, now I understand "rear legroom". I agree that sacrificing some cargo space to get that leg room was not a good idea and it won't work for me, but when I finally did look at the seat-up leg room it did not bother me as much as reading about it did.

Somebody who was going to pick "infotainment" please vote for rear legroom to cancel my bad vote out.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:56 PM
I am 6'1 with 30 inch inseam and the moonroof causes me to have an unsatisfactory amount of headroom.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:12 PM
All of these features I think are great. The only one that's not too helpful IMO is the driver's side extended mirror. I'd prefer an active lane watch display like the Mazda3, but then again, this is a subcompact car. I have nothing to complain about with the 2015 Fit feature list. A lot more great stuff for not much more money than last year. It's amazing.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tommycrx
That's been proven to not be true; talking on the phone becomes the primary occupation of the brains of drivers and driving is secondary, while the opposite is true for when you're having a conversation with a passenger. So it is more dangerous to talk on the phone than it is to have an in-car conversation.

I'd prefer that cars have cell phone interference built into the sound deadening in the cars, as people have proven time and time again that they can't be trusted with this technology - making it easier is only dealing with the connection, not with the problem.
I found one research data that supports what you say... but not quite the same way.

The goal of the experiment is to see what happens while they drive and if they accomplish their task (exiting at a rest area). The ones without passengers supposedly "failed" at about a 50% rate compared to almost all the successful ones with passengers. "Failed" included severity of lane drift and whether or not they make the exit and/or turns along the route.

If you read it, you get the feeling that the driver is equally distracted, regardless of whether they are talking to a passenger or a person on the phone.

The difference in results comes in the fact that, if there's a passenger, it's the passenger that reminds the driver of what's going on and where to exit and not that the driver is any less distracted.

~~~~~

I would much prefer some actual accident reports citing causes... how many were caused by drivers talking to passengers? How many were caused by drivers talking on cell phone without hands-free? And then how many were talking while using hands-free?

Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
Certainly more basic than, say, a moonroof or push-button start, both of which come standard on the EX. The trim levels just don't make sense to me. I'm very hesitant to get a car that doesn't have heated mirrors because I think that's an essential safety feature, but I also don't want to spend $20,000+ on a subcompact to get the EX-L.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by JamesCoons
I am 6'1 with 30 inch inseam and the moonroof causes me to have an unsatisfactory amount of headroom.
I'm 6'3" and have plenty of headroom to spare and even more if I lowered the driver seat a bit more. Maybe you should lower the driver seat a bit.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DWils
If you don't touch it will it eventually go away on it's own?
I think so? I think I read somebody saying it does, but I need my music ASAP!

Old 07-04-2014, 03:24 AM
I would much prefer some actual accident reports citing causes... how many were caused by drivers talking to passengers? How many were caused by drivers talking on cell phone without hands-free? And then how many were talking while using hands-free?
My state (Arizona) just changed the way that collision reports are recorded. Now there are check boxes for what was distracting the driver rather than "distracted driver". I think cell phone, food, and other passengers, among other options I haven't had to use yet are on there.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member

Except texting =/= talking, on the phone.

While I admit, there are some fools that can't even handle talking on the phone while doing anything else... they are very few. The majority of people that get involved in accidents when "talking" on the phone are the ones trying to actively HOLD the phone to their heads. They're diverting some of their need "road attention" to the act of holding the phone. They end up prioritizing that over the road ahead of them or the space around them.

I almost got hit once, by a lady who had her neck craned so she could "hold" the phone to her ear. She was technically, hands-free...

I actually text more than I converse on the phone in the car. I never touch the phone. Never type. It's all read to me and I speak my responses via my Windows phone and blue tooth in the fit navi. I'm hands free for phone calls as well. But if I'm being completely honest, which I am, hands free is still an unsafe distraction. Take note of what you do next time you're talking even hands free. Your attention, your eyes actually look down mostly at the hood of your car. You lose the focus of the big picture. And the more detailed you have to speak, the more completely out of driving you become. No one is immune, no one. We do it and we're only lucky nothing went wrong, that's it. I keep it to a minimum and ignore 99% of what comes in when I'm on the road. Hands free only allows two hands to remain on the wheel. It doesn't help your driving concentration though. If you think it does, you'd be wrong.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Hatch fabric

The quality of the fabric behind the rear seats and in the hatch area is cheap. The first time that I slid some luggage across the floor of the hatch the wheels left skid marks across the fabric. Just give us a surface here that can be wiped down.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:23 AM
When I'm on the road and I see a car driving too slowly or failing to stay in lane- they're almost always on the phone (in their hand or an earpiece or just obviously talking).

The difference with a passenger is that when something on the road requires your attention and you pause your conversation, the passenger sits and waits. On the phone, where the other party can't see what's going on, a pause is their 'clue' to start talking and that's a big distraction.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:42 PM
-No more arm rest
-Can't fast forward or rewind songs at all (or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet?)

Other than those two minor issues, I LOVE my new Fit EX!

Quick Reply: What is your LEAST favorite NEw feature of the 2015 Fit?