3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite NEW feature of the 2015 Fit?
Moonroof (EX only)
10.28%
Lane watch Camera (EX only)
6.54%
Back up camera
1.87%
Bluetooth phone integration
4.67%
Touch screen infotainment system
36.45%
Smart entry push button start (EX only)
4.67%
Drivers sider extended view side mirror
28.04%
CVT or 6 MT (compared to last years auto or 5 MT)
3.74%
Greater back seat legroom
3.74%
Higher HP/Fuel economy (compared to last years)
0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

What is your LEAST favorite NEw feature of the 2015 Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 02:29 PM
It seems to me like the US version has the rear wiper on backwards. Shouldn't it be clearing off a semicircle behind the driver? I know that in Japan they drive on the left but I would have thought this would be easily adjusted and region specific.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by spaceballs
It seems to me like the US version has the rear wiper on backwards. Shouldn't it be clearing off a semicircle behind the driver? I know that in Japan they drive on the left but I would have thought this would be easily adjusted and region specific.
GE had the same orientation.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drealovesdrums
-No more arm rest
-Can't fast forward or rewind songs at all (or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet?)

Other than those two minor issues, I LOVE my new Fit EX!
Depends on the audio mode I think, but the manual mentions holding down the skip track button forward or backwards to skip fast through the current track.

Haven't tried it yet.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:18 PM
ltd
5 Year Member
center arm rest

It is a joke from Honda engineer, just a show, useless, a disrespect to customer ( driver ).

Old 07-05-2014, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Is there somewhere we can voice our concerns to Honda? It would be nice to at least give them feedback on the stuff everyone is ragging on, such as the armrest height, 6th gear ratio, or crappy touch volume control.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
I would think with enough complaints about the software, they could apply a firmware update without requiring a new model.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by msbxiv
Disappointed about the gearing of the 6 m/t. I wanted a true overdrive for less buzzy highway driving, not shorter shifts.
Same here...what were they thinking?

Old 07-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by tommycrx
That's been proven to not be true; talking on the phone becomes the primary occupation of the brains of drivers and driving is secondary, while the opposite is true for when you're having a conversation with a passenger. So it is more dangerous to talk on the phone than it is to have an in-car conversation.
Funny how this was never a problem with 2-way radio before the advent of cell phones! Truckers gabbed all day and all night without any huge number of accidents. Methinks the researchers and legislators are dreaming up problems and then designing their research to match.

Originally Posted by spaceballs
Probably easily adjusted, but Japanese manufacturers often ignore the details. The early generations of CRVs had rear door hatches that swung from the wrong side for LHD countries, opening into traffic and blocking curb access.

Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Is there somewhere we can voice our concerns to Honda? It would be nice to at least give them feedback on the stuff everyone is ragging on, such as the armrest height, 6th gear ratio, or crappy touch volume control.
The only thing that Honda really listens to is people walking out showrooms and buying competitor's cars.

Originally Posted by Strumbone
Same here...what were they thinking?
Consumers demanded 6-speeds but are also unwilling to shift down when climbing hills. If the gear ratio were too tall the car would bog and people would complain that it is underpowered. So, in order to produce the magical number 6 they have to space them closer together.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
Funny how this was never a problem with 2-way radio before the advent of cell phones! Truckers gabbed all day and all night without any huge number of accidents. Methinks the researchers and legislators are dreaming up problems and then designing their research to match.
Methinks you are doth rationalizing, kind sir, forsooth!

I'm 48, and there were always TONS of truck accidents that I heard about growing up. Now, that could have been lack of sleep, drugs, hookers on their laps, any number of things. But I'd also say that talk with CBs is much less involved than current owners' involvement with their phones.

There was a lot of research done on this issue 5-10 years ago; however, with the technology overriding common sense, there's no point to it now, from a changing the technology perspective - idiots have already won, and now it's just a lot of truthiness and laws that address the hands-free component of it, which is putting a band-aid over a much larger issue. But I guess that should have been expected, sadly.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:14 PM
That was difficult poll to answer, lol. All the features are great. Only wish it had more compartments like our CRZ had...

Old 07-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I really dont like the body style, but love the moon roof

Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM
I just found out that Honda.co.jp offers Optional Armrest for 2015 Fit.
You have to take out current center lid, but it's doable... I'm considering.
HondabHonda AccessbƒtƒBƒbƒgbƒCƒ“ƒeƒŠƒAbƒA[ƒ€ƒŒƒXƒgƒRƒ“ƒ\[ƒ‹

Old 07-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I have become accustomed to the arm rest now, its not a big deal like it seemed at first.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guitaryojedi
I just found out that Honda.co.jp offers Optional Armrest for 2015 Fit.
You have to take out current center lid, but it's doable... I'm considering.
HondabHonda AccessbƒtƒBƒbƒgbƒCƒ“ƒeƒŠƒAbƒA[ƒ€ƒŒƒXƒgƒRƒ“ƒ\[ƒ‹
You'd have to do a lot more than just remove the lid of the current one to install that one. What are you going to do with your 12V and USB connectors?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
You'd have to do a lot more than just remove the lid of the current one to install that one. What are you going to do with your 12V and USB connectors?
Right... According to that site, it says 12V and USB Connectors will be unusable after installing this optional armrest.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Guitaryojedi
Right... According to that site, it says 12V and USB Connectors will be unusable after installing this optional armrest.
Damn, too bad they can't just be rerouted.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Why couldn't they be, though?

Just bust out the two recepticles, probably best as one unit, from the old armrest and either install them in the new armrest or wherever the wiring would reach. I don't see it being a huge issue, unless there's something that I can't tell from pics at the moment.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:57 AM
How do you not have these AWFUL paddle shifters in the poll?

Old 07-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by JediPat
Out of curiosity, what do you find so offensive about the paddle shifters?

Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JediPat
Because paddle shifters are not a NEW feature. They existed on the 2009-2013 Fit Sport with auto trans. But please expand on what you do not like about them?

Quick Reply: What is your LEAST favorite NEw feature of the 2015 Fit?