3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Where are the yellow Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone bought a yellow one? Would love to see some pics.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Anyone bought a yellow one? Would love to see some pics.
No you wouldn't. They are teh sucky!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-04-2014 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
No you wouldn't. They are teh sucky!

It's adorable. How's the paint job? Was wondering if it was quality issues making them hard to find.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat
It's adorable. How's the paint job? Was wondering if it was quality issues making them hard to find.
Honestly, I couldn't find anything wrong issue-wise. I looked semi-hard but I'm not one to complain about things too much. I'm ecstatic about a color I wouldn't ever have purchased normally (yellow) only because there are so little of them in the U.S. (According to Cars.com), I REALLY wanted one. Then to find one within 3hrs was just too much to take.

The paint job seems ok but depending on the lighting, it isn't a banana yellow. It can look greenish/yellow or lime-like at times. Doesn't bother me but it is not for everyone. You only live once so I got the screaming yellow just because.....I could. I survived! And am very happy with it overall. Woot, Woot!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-05-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Honestly, I couldn't find anything wrong issue-wise. I looked semi-hard but I'm not one to complain about things too much. I'm ecstatic about a color I wouldn't never have purchased normally (yellow) only because there are so little of them in the U.S. (According to Cars.com).

The paint job seems ok but depending on the lighting, it isn't a banana yellow. It can look greenish/yellow or lime-like at times. Doesn't bother me but it is not for everyone. You only live once so I got the screaming yellow just because.....I could. I survived! And am very happy with it overall. Woot, Woot!
I like the yellow. Ever since I saw yours, I have been seeing all sorts of yellow cars (not Fit's), but I don't like the shade as well as Honda's.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:51 AM
I bought a 2015 yellow EX Fit on Monday. I'll try to get a few pics up tomorrow.

So far I really like the car and am quite pleased with the purchase (it is my wife's new daily driver). We really wanted the passion berry purple until we saw it in person and then went full tilt to find a yellow fit. I didn't like the yellow when we first saw it last Friday, but now I really like it now.

Last edited by Lylelljr; 09-05-2014 at 01:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
Looks good on the pic. I still want to see one in person. Great choice. Rare, and will be a classic.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
I just searched Cars.com. I only see 25 yellow fits out of 4211 2015 Fits.

Even more rare is beige. Even more so…I saw only ONE BROWN.

Doodoo brown is King!

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 09-06-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Doodoo brown is King!
Why did I find this so funny? I LOL'd for a good 5mins.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lylelljr
I bought a 2015 yellow EX Fit on Monday. I'll try to get a few pics up tomorrow.

So far I really like the car and am quite pleased with the purchase (it is my wife's new daily driver). We really wanted the passion berry purple until we saw it in person and then went full tilt to find a yellow fit. I didn't like the yellow when we first saw it last Friday, but now I really like it now.
Cool, would love to see more photos. So is the color more pale than bright lemon yellow?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Reserved my Yellow Spongebob Squarecar.

Just put down a $500 deposit on a 2015 Honda Fit EX CVT Mystic Yellow Pearl. No add-ons. MSRP plus tax and fees. Now I wait. Salesman says it's scheduled to come in next week. I'm actually expecting it late October to mid-November at the rate they have been doling out the yellow ones. Picked the one with the lowest VIN of the two that are reportedly 'in transit'.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Just put down a $500 deposit on a 2015 Honda Fit EX CVT Mystic Yellow Pearl. No add-ons. MSRP plus tax and fees. Now I wait. Salesman says it's scheduled to come in next week. I'm actually expecting it late October to mid-November at the rate they have been doling out the yellow ones. Picked the one with the lowest VIN of the two that are reportedly 'in transit'.
Yay!!!! Grats!

Old 09-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by badyellowvette
So you have seen it in person? I have seen all kinds of pictures and videos. Holding out until I put my hands on one.
Wondering if there is a problem with the yellow because there are very few out there yet.

I saw this one in person in when I was shopping for my Black LX MT in Omaha. It is a gorgeous yellow... I love that it is a little pale. That makes it more unique and iconic. If it were an LX I would have snapped it up. I predict that it will be a less commonly sold Fit and therefore it will stand out it the crowd!

Congrats on your purchase!!! I hope you enjoy it... I love my Fit more and more each day!

Last edited by Fat_man; 09-10-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Standing out in the crowd

Originally Posted by Fat_man
I saw this one in person in when I was shopping for my Black LX MT in Omaha. It is a gorgeous yellow... I love that it is a little pale. That makes it more unique and iconic. If it were an LX I would have snapped it up. I predict that it will be a less commonly sold Fit and therefore it will stand out it the crowd!

Congrats on your purchase!!! I hope you enjoy it... I love my Fit more and more each day!
I hope it stands out in the parking lots, which are filled with black, white and grey cars. Should be able to spot it, unless hidden by gigantic Texas trucks and SUV's... And yellow cars are more likely to be seen at any time of day. The passion berry might as well be black at night, and hot during the days. I'm going to order a clay bar and clay lube, and some blackfire crystal seal to keep it shiny and protect it. Stuff gets rave reviews online, and is very easy to use.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
Just curious? Why pick the one with the lowest VIN? I would have thought the highest VIN might get you past the date the bumper change was made on the production line (June 9th I think). Of course, they both may be high enough to avoid the bumper recall coming soon.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 PM
These vins are way later.

Originally Posted by Vanguard
Just curious? Why pick the one with the lowest VIN? I would have thought the highest VIN might get you past the date the bumper change was made on the production line (June 9th I think). Of course, they both may be high enough to avoid the bumper recall coming soon.
These two are roughly 717900 and 72400. Built either this month or possibly next month. Just want the one soonest to arrive. They'll switch if the other gets there first.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I hope it stands out in the parking lots
It will, not sure how bright the yellow is exactly. I have a safety cone orange car and always bring that one to the airport!!

Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I was in Wichita this week and they had an EXL yellow. They also had a black, silver, blue and pbp.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Maybe the yellow ones are gathered somewhere...

Originally Posted by php54
I was in Wichita this week and they had an EXL yellow. They also had a black, silver, blue and pbp.
Yeah. You can get any color but yellow here now... I shall wait.
I have a silly vision that somewhere between here and Mexico, all the yellow fits are partying and drinking premium...

Old 09-11-2014, 06:08 PM
It's HERE! My Yellow Fit is Here!!

Yeah. You can get any color but yellow here now... I shall wait.
I have a silly vision that somewhere between here and Mexico, all the yellow fits are partying and drinking premium...
And adorable. Just off the truck, still in wrappings. I'll figure out how to post pics later. Credit union will finance. Will go do the deal Monday!!

Quick Reply: Where are the yellow Fits?