3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Seeing Alot Of Duplicate Threads

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Seeing Alot Of Duplicate Threads,Remember To Search First

Over the past few weeks there seems to be a lot of duplicate threads on the same topic. Im not pointing fingers or trying to be a forum Nazi. Im even guilty of it. But its cluttering up the 3rd gen section and making it hard to search through the threads for someone trying to find specific info.
Please do a search before posting a new thread on a topic. Chances are its been talked about already.

End mini rant. Thanks.

Last edited by SHIBA; 08-12-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Make a thread linking to all the threads with repeated topics and ask a mod to sticky it. I did something similar back in 08 when the GE8 came out, but i copy/pasted all the info.

Most of the duplicate threads stopped showing up, and whenever one did, I just pointed out the sticky. I think it helped with the clutter a lot

Old 08-12-2014, 08:28 PM
I'd say this happens on many forums when a newer version comes out. I'm a moderator on another car website and don't know how the mods here stay on top of everything with so many different versions (GD, GE, GK) and variations and countries that members are from.

I am the merge-Nazi and sometimes get really upset when the same topic keeps on being discussed in new threads instead of just being added to the old thread. Like someone else mentioned, kindly bring the redundant threads to the knowledge of one (or all) of the mods here and I'm sure they'll eventually take care of it. I don't know who they are or how many there are, but they all have lives outside of FitFreak and might not get around to requests for a few days.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
cheers DWILS!

Old 08-12-2014, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Is it me or is there like one duplicate thread?

Old 08-12-2014, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
I'm a mod on another forum and a semi-regular at 5-6 others, down from 15ish. This is the cleanest forum I've ever seen.

Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
I can't believe what an egregious debacle these threads have become ... tediously boring navigating to find the precise bit of info you are looking for. It seems that everyone is so excited about their new cars that they have misplaced their manners and forgotten that you have your own agenda! Please allow me to apologize for everyone!

I suggest that you create and moderate your own forum specifically tailored to you.

I agree that the GK forum is expanding exponentially and that people are inherently too lazy too do their own homework, but you just junked up the menu by adding a new thread about redundant threads! Part of the solution or part of the problem?

Everyone is psyched! Their nipples are hard and they have a new toy ... stop trying to comb their hair!

I, myself, have tried to read as much as I can before posting questions ... the problem is that most of the answers lie in hi-jacked threads. i found an answer to a tire question in a window tinting thread ... go figure.
Wow, I was just trying to help out. I didnt know I was going to get full on burned. I meant no disrespect to anyone. I apologize if I upset you so much that you had to use your thesaurus to put me down.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ex-MA Hole
I'm a mod on another forum This is the cleanest forum I've ever seen.
I suggest you start posting legitimate JDM distributers and stop this inferno before it ignites!

Old 08-13-2014, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SHIBA
Over the past few weeks there seems to be a lot of duplicate threads on the same topic. Im not pointing fingers or trying to be a forum Nazi. Im even guilty of it. But its cluttering up the 3rd gen section and making it hard to search through the threads for someone trying to find specific info.
Please do a search before posting a new thread on a topic. Chances are its been talked about already.

End mini rant. Thanks.
It seems like the GK folks are largely non-car enthusiast/car forum type folks, as such there is a learning curve involved in all of this.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
It seems like the GK folks are largely non-car enthusiast/car forum type folks, as such there is a learning curve involved in all of this.
You are being nice