3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Considering a 15 Fit...coming from a GTI

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with Hondageek, I have had a similar list of cars in the past. Driving the Fit is always very fun, I love the space, MPG and reliability......yes it has ZERO power but if you auto-x or even get it on some nice backroads and throw it around its hard to beat. I have a GE8 with Tanabe coils and 16x7.5 K1's on Continental extreme DW for the warm weather and this car is like a cat on carpet, where ever you point the wheel the car GOES! I cant say anything about the GK chassis, never having driven one but I can only imagine its better or same as the GK. sorry for rambling....

Old 09-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Well, thanks to this forum, I am officially a Fit owner. I signed the deal tonight trading in my GTI. I went to the dealership to purchase an EX-L thinking I loved leather but they had a silver EX on the lot that I took for a test drive and for some reason, the cloth in the EX really got me. I loved it and I thought the ride on this one was better than the EX-L I test drove. Could be mental, but I felt like it was tighter and had more pep. Nothing to do with the leather, but it was different. So I bought it!

Dealer gave me $500 higher on my trade than the next highest quote. Also took $200 off MSRP.

Picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I know I got raked, but I haggled on the extended warranty and got them to throw in splash guards, all weather mats and cargo tray. They got me at the right time because of all the nonsense going on with my GTI. I know that it is usually not financially sound to buy extended warranties, but the cost was relatively minimal and they threw in the accessories.

I want to personally thank HondaGeek for being so gracious and speaking to me by e-mail to try to get a deal done. Ultimately, he was too far and the deal I was being offered was too good to pass up on but he is a first rate guy and I would not hesitate to refer someone to him.