3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LX 5" Display features?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 12:57 PM
LX 5" Display features?

So, I know the LX 5" Display has less features than the other models, but what exactly can you do with the 5 inch screen? I know it shows the back up camera, and you can control the radio with it... But what else is there? I saw in a different thread that someone has MPG data pulled up on it, but I think it was a 7" screen. Is that available on the LX? Thanks!

Old 09-14-2014, 01:14 PM
5in display

It shows radio channel or when paired with Bluetooth device ,will show song. Haven't used to pair for phone use,but I think it would show incoming call #- Person. I'm sure it does more than I've used. Just not as much as the larger Screens on the Ex or the Ex navi .

Old 09-14-2014, 04:52 PM
You don't have Lanewatch, but you also don't have the "Go Black or Display the Wrong Camera" feature of the touch screen system!

Sometimes, simpler is better!

The manual has a pretty good rundown of the operation of the system, and it's just as easy to RTFM as it is to read random suggestions on a forum.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member
Is there anyway to replicate your phone screen on the LX's 5in screen (like for maps)?

Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by cyclist007
Is there anyway to replicate your phone screen on the LX's 5in screen (like for maps)?
Sadly no, that's only for the EX touch screen.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Rtfm

Originally Posted by beamerjld
I saw in a different thread that someone has MPG data pulled up on it, but I think it was a 7" screen. Is that available on the LX? Thanks!
MPG data is NOT displayed on the LX 5-inch display. It is displayed on a multi-function guage to the right of the speedometer. You can see pics of the LX fuel display in my PIC folder

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - cheesewhiz's Album: Fuel Consumption

As GeorgeL mentioned you can get all this information by Reading The F-ing Manual (RTFM!! lol!) which you can download in PDF format. It's a good manual!

Here's a link below .... note that there are also links to the "Technology Reference Guides" specific to LX or EX -EX/L. These are more of a "quick reference" ... the "Fit Owners Manual" is more thorough and describes all the variations.

Good luck!

Owner's Manual | 2015 Honda Fit | Honda Owners Site

Old 09-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
Good luck!
Thanks for the response! I'll read that manual tonight.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beamerjld
So, I know the LX 5" Display has less features than the other models, but what exactly can you do with the 5 inch screen? I know it shows the back up camera, and you can control the radio with it... But what else is there? I saw in a different thread that someone has MPG data pulled up on it, but I think it was a 7" screen. Is that available on the LX? Thanks!
The owner's manual gives a decent explanation of what it does. You can download the owner's manual for free from Honda's web site. Also a tech manual with info about the the display screen and other technology. Cute features are you can have an analog clock. You can upload and display color *.jpg images as "wallpaper." Some radio stations will display info about a song being played, name, artist, etc. Will tell you if state of charge of the battery in your bluetooth connected device. Info about whats on a cd, what mp3's are on a usb stick. But you can't display the car info like mpg on, trip info, or moving images (except for the rearview camera) on it that the 7 inch display will do.