3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Say Hello to the Ch3rrybomb!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Say Hello to the Ch3rrybomb!

So, I decided that, even though I don't plan on doing too many mods, that I would make my own thread for my car to ask questions and such.

I got the 15 EX 6-speed September 24th, and so far have been loving it! I work for a Honda dealer in MN (for now, putting in two-weeks because of school), so I got to drive the Fit right when it got here. The only ones we've had before I got mine were CVTs, and I honestly hated the way they drove. So I took a risk and ordered my 6-speed and finally got it over a month later (finance took forever to process my car). Had to get the sport grill (hate the stock one), and I opted for some 3M for the hood and roof to keep scratches and chips off.

Name:  20140925_114026_zpsm2nqqzug.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  20140918_182218_zpsigemeqrd.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  70.1 KB

I basically knew that I would like the Fit when I first heard it was getting redone, since it had my 3 requirements for a new car (hatchback, stick shift, sunroof). I just had to convince myself with a drive or two, and besides the CVT the experience was great! All of the features added to the appeal as well, especially since I'll be using it for delivering late at night (rearview camera is great for watching out for drunk idiots). The HondaLink system is great, except that I can't use it cuz I'm an Android nut, so I'm anxiously waiting for an update. The Bluetooth interface is great though, even though I can't send custom texts through the system. And finally, the smart key system is a huge convenience when I'm carrying food and such.

Anyways, first thing I did when it got into the dealer was order some HIDs: 6000k Hi/Lows, and 3000k Fogs. Looks sweet IMO, but some of ya older folk might not agree. The 6000ks turned out more white than my last ones did (have them on the P5, same brand of HIDs), but I'm okay with it. They are super bright, to the point where I almost don't need my high beams. Sadly because of the bulb design, my highs are almost useless though, because the useful beam is aimed too high. Might need to do something about that.

Name:  20141002_095917_zps6iykggzq.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  20141002_221249_zpsq6y03d0v.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  39.9 KB

Name:  20141002_221323_zpsivlhfgio.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  51.3 KB

A little more about me: I have a Mazda Protege5, and I love it. It's a blast to drive, and I have to say that the Fit doesn't quite compare to it (too many electronic nannies). I'm part of another forum for that car, and have poured lots of money and love into that car. I mainly got the Fit to be a commuter and road trip car, since the P5 has 175,000 miles on it now.

Name:  20140531_210736_LLS_zps0vku51mc.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  20140508_085121_zpsfbqzcpiw.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  103.7 KB

Name:  20140508_085051_zpszthpofrr.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  97.6 KB

I'm still in school (year and a half left), and I currently work two jobs for the hell of it. I get bored and am in all honesty not too social, so I work my life away instead of spending my weekends getting wasted. I'm cutting back on hours so I can put in some work on classes and hopefully my Mazda. Got some little things to do to it, big things, and some bodywork.

Back to the Fit, I have some questions for y'all.
First, will the car drive if it's been started and the key has left the car? If so, how far?
Second, does anyone know about an Android update for the HondaLink?

Last edited by esnave09; 10-06-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Have not heard anything about Android updates... They did say Hondalink would be developed for Android but have heard no more... To be honest not a lot to get excited about here - as Hondalink doesn't really offer much that you can't get from your Bluetooth connection...

Old 10-05-2014, 11:14 PM
smart key will cut engine if key is away from the car more than 6ft. i believe

hopefully car play from android will take over the hondalink which allow more app to link directly to existing HU.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:27 PM
That's true. The only thing I would really want from HondaLink is to be able to put a nav app on the screen while driving instead of on my phone. I use the Bluetooth plenty and it works really well, so I will survive. haha

And good to know about the smart key thing. I left it running on a delivery once and it took a lot longer than I thought it would, and some drunk guy came in joking that he was gonna take my car, and it freaked me out since we can't lock our cars when they're running (or can we lock them?).

Also, pics are up! P.S. the rust on the fenders in the P5 pictures is gone.

Last edited by esnave09; 10-06-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Nice name!

Old 11-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks! Sorry it's been a while.....

Had some problems with random warning lights coming on, have more details in a separate thread.

In other news, I picked up some front-row WeatherTechs, and I love them! They are expensive, but so worth it, especially with winter coming/here.

Also, anyone else noticed that our gas computers aren't very accurate? I've noticed that mine says anywhere from 1-3 mpg higher than the actual (I record it using Fuelly). And on the subject of gas, I've only been able to add 8.5 gallons at most for one fill-up, and that was with one bar left on the gas gauge. Don't we have 10.5 gallon tanks? I would imagine that we don't have a 2 gallon reserve on such a small tank....

Old 11-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Not so sure about those wheels on the P5...are they 18"? They look big, but that might just be the design with those fat spokes (MS6 wheels?). Love the color on them, though.

Just curious: What made you go with a Fit over a Mazda2? I assume it's in part because of your job, but there had to have been other reasons.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Im curious about that gas question myself

Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
I've been putting in like 9 to 9.5 gals at each fill up at second click (waited 20 seconds).

I kinda wish the gas tank is a little bigger but reality is 10.5 gals is the most we'll get out of it.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Ch3rryBomb is looking good! Congrats on the new wheels, and, even better, getting it dealer's cost!!! That's alone, is a feat few of us here can do!

If you want to be the darling of the dealership and the pride of its customers - tint comes first, then save up and get the upper LED's for the rear hatch. I guarantee, they'll have envy under their shirts for sure!!!!

Nice sports grill!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 11-07-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Awesome. I love the sport grille. I'm so glad I got one too. Did not like stock grille at all.

Old 11-08-2014, 01:56 AM
The P5 rims are from a Mitsubishi Lancer GTS (18s, yes). Stock were 16 inch 5-spokes that are my winter rims now. I wish I had the Mazdaspeed3 rims, but these were pretty close too. I was thinking about the Mazda2, but it didn't have a sunroof (big thing for me), and I loved the 3 but that one was a bit more than I wanted to pay (considering I'm still in school). Right now, the plan is to get a Mazdaspeed3 once my lease is up, but we'll see how that goes.

I guess when I fill up, I go to whenever the pump stops, but it always is full. Maybe I should see if I can go past Empty? (lol no)

Thank you! I'm glad I got such a deal on it! Right now, I don't think I'll be doing much for mods. Next thing on the list is snow tires, and that might be a while. Since I'm only leasing it, I don't want to do much, but seeing how the mod bug bit me with my P5, it's gonna be tough. Who knows, maybe my tax return will be good to me this year....

I love the way the sport grill looks! Really sets it apart, and the stock grill just looks dumb. Plus, the stock one will be scratched like crazy in a year, almost guaranteed. I'm just waiting to see another Fit with it in person.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
do you have nay problems with stalling with the hids?

im missing them but don't want any drive-ability issues...

from what i read the only issues occur when using the auto on off feature

Old 11-13-2014, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by c_bongo
do you have nay problems with stalling with the hids?

im missing them but don't want any drive-ability issues...

from what i read the only issues occur when using the auto on off feature
I didn't have any issues installing them, but the ones I got do basically render the highs useless because of the different measurements in bulb dimensions (don't worry, I have the right bulbs). The usable beam is shifted too high up, so with the high-beams it's really only useful when you're approaching a hill or getting to the bottom of a hill. And the low-beam cutoff is higher, which leads to more people being blinded. So plan on aiming the headlight casing down....

I did notice that the setup I have (bixenon) makes a loud humming when I don't have the lights on (so with the DRLs), but you could get the setup that has HID low/halogen high and that might solve the issue. Like you said, the auto setting has caused random lights to come on in the dash, and the check charge system message. But you can get around that by turning the lights off instead of leaving them on auto.

Sorry, lengthy reply, but hopefully this helps!

Old 11-14-2014, 06:25 PM
Fogs

Are those just bulbs or did you tent the lenses?

Old 11-19-2014, 04:22 AM
I just have bulbs for now. I'm considering doing tint on the fogs (have some extra from my other car), but not sure.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:48 AM
Looks good. I'm going to have to switch to a yellow bulb. My brother did his si but he did the tint

Old 11-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Nice. I'm still driving a 2003 Protege5 that I bought new but it needs to be replaced soon due the rust around the rear fenders. I was waiting for the 2014 Mazda3 but I don't like the body styling or the radio up high on the dash. Right now I'm leaning towards the new FIT. Just waiting for Thule to make a fit kit and for Honda to work out the bugs. I go by the same username on the mazdas247 forum.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:56 PM
I don't get it so HID on reflector is now legal :O?

Old 11-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by mtnbiker26
Nice. I'm still driving a 2003 Protege5 that I bought new but it needs to be replaced soon due the rust around the rear fenders. I was waiting for the 2014 Mazda3 but I don't like the body styling or the radio up high on the dash. Right now I'm leaning towards the new FIT. Just waiting for Thule to make a fit kit and for Honda to work out the bugs. I go by the same username on the mazdas247 forum.
Hey I go by this username on there too! That's awesome! I got my rust fixed over the summer, but it's not perfect by any means. I have to admit, the radio in the new 3 looks ridiculous, but the rest of the car is amazing! And I am really excited for someone to come out with a roof rack setup for this car. I need some way to get my kayak around once I get rid of the P5.

And about the HIDs, I'm not exactly sure. I have had them for almost a year in my P5 (reflector that is more blinding than the Fit, which has a nice cutoff), but have never been talked to about it. I see plenty of cars around MN with reflectors and HIDs, so I guess cops will use it if they're already piling on charges. Here's what I found with a quick Google:
Aftermarket HID Lights / What statute?
I aimed the headlights in my P5 down quite a bit, which I've been meaning to do with the Ch3rrybomb, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Quick Reply: Say Hello to the Ch3rrybomb!