3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Problems with Bluetooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
You hear the promps if on bluetooth streaming section on the radio..
Which effectively means that is not a useable workaround either. What if you are listening to radio? They need to unlock the "talk press and hold" so that it isn't restricted to iPhones. If it is triggering the Bluetooth Voice Recognition feature, it should be useful with any compliant phone.

Old 12-17-2014, 04:09 PM
I found the fix for samsung phones connect/disconnect issue from the handsfreelink website posted a few threads north.

During the pairing process, after successfully paired, most Samsung Android phones will receive a message request from HandsFreeLink® which is called the PBAP or phonebook access request as shown below:

If this request is not accepted permanently by selecting the option “Don’t ask again” this can cause the phone to disconnect when the HandsFreeLink® requests permission of the phone but the phone doesn’t show a new prompt and permission is not allowed.

So if you have this issue and are rocking "the next best thing" Samsung Galaxy line phone. Try deleting the phone from HandsFreeLink and starting from scratch reconnecting it so you don't overlook this step. I know I did...lol.

I'm about to head out and try this.

Last edited by Desmond Lamar MacRae; 12-17-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
I found the fix for samsung phones connect/disconnect issue from the handsfreelink website posted a few threads north.

During the pairing process, after successfully paired, most Samsung Android phones will receive a message request from HandsFreeLink® which is called the PBAP or phonebook access request as shown below:

If this request is not accepted permanently by selecting the option “Don’t ask again” this can cause the phone to disconnect when the HandsFreeLink® requests permission of the phone but the phone doesn’t show a new prompt and permission is not allowed.

So if you have this issue and are rocking "the next best thing" Samsung Galaxy line phone. Try deleting the phone from HandsFreeLink and starting from scratch reconnecting it so you don't overlook this step. I know I did...lol.

I'm about to head out and try this.
Thanks for the post. I haven't had the issue with my Fit, but I use an app called EasyTether to hotspot my laptop if I'm away from home and every time I connect my computer to my S3, I get that box to check the box and allow, like it doesn't register that I checked the box. Like I said, that hasn't happened with the Fit connection which is BT vs. USB, but it is pretty annoying when it keeps asking.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 AM
I purchased my 2015 Honda fit November 20 of this year and since day one my Bluetooth have been acting up when I took it to get service they told me nothing was wrong with it but today I still have all the problems your having

Old 12-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by napr
I haven't tried Bluetooth for anything other than phone calls. Everything works fine for the first few moments after connecting. At some point, it loses the ability to load "Phone Book" and "Call History". It gives me an error message and says to try loading again. No matter how many times I retry, it will not load Phone Book until I turn off the head unit, disable BlueTooth, turn everything back on, and re-link my phone to BlueTooth. I can access everything immediately afterwards; but it always reverts to the error messages after some time has passed.

The phone will continue to receive calls and dial calls during these error periods; but I cannot access phone book or call history.

I called the In-Car Technology Support Desk about the problem. They are the ones who talked me through the disconnect/reconnect procedure. It is a band aid, at best. I need a permanent solution.

My phone is a Galaxy S4.
Well, it's been a month since I made the above post. In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that the above problems seem to have gone away. I am always suspicious when a problem cures itself; but that is exactly what appears to have happened. I haven't lost my phone book or experienced an error message in almost three weeks.

I cannot explain it....all I can do is report what has happened.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
Thanks for the post. I haven't had the issue with my Fit, but I use an app called EasyTether to hotspot my laptop if I'm away from home and every time I connect my computer to my S3, I get that box to check the box and allow, like it doesn't register that I checked the box. Like I said, that hasn't happened with the Fit connection which is BT vs. USB, but it is pretty annoying when it keeps asking.
Well I thought this fixed it but negative. Everytime it dropped sync and re linked, I'd get that box for which i touched yes. I'd then tried to upload my phonebook for which it failed to complete. It used to complete when my Samsung Galaxy MEGA 6.3 was running Android Jellybean 4.2.2. Once it updated to KitKat 4.4.2 is when this other issues occurred.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by napr
Well, it's been a month since I made the above post. In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that the above problems seem to have gone away. I am always suspicious when a problem cures itself; but that is exactly what appears to have happened. I haven't lost my phone book or experienced an error message in almost three weeks.

I cannot explain it....all I can do is report what has happened.
I have a friend that works for T-Mobil, and he tells me that the first step in any troubleshooting flow, is to turn the phone completely off and restart. This not only reloads the software that could have become corrupt (think Windows), but also forces the phone to locate the strongest signal available. He said it solves 90% of the problems people call in for.

Not saying this will resolve the Honda half of the equation, but it will stabilize the phone's role.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
I had a weird issue yesterday when reading new text message. Apparently if the message is blank and when I tried to read it on the radio head it crashes!! It rebooted itself.

I was like..what the hell? So I pulled over and tried it again. Of course it works fine so dunno what that was.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by DArkk
I had a weird issue yesterday when reading new text message. Apparently if the message is blank and when I tried to read it on the radio head it crashes!! It rebooted itself.

I was like..what the hell? So I pulled over and tried it again. Of course it works fine so dunno what that was.
What an age we live in. I never would have thought the head unit could reboot. But then again, this is the first time I've ever been exposed to a touch screen HU. Everything I've owned in the past has been a single DIN CD player.

Old 12-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by ladymantaye
I purchased my 2015 Honda fit November 20 of this year and since day one my Bluetooth have been acting up when I took it to get service they told me nothing was wrong with it but today I still have all the problems your having
Sorry to say these problems will continue. I tried escalating the issue to Honda America and even to California's new car complaint bureau. So far Honda does not no what to say, so they say everything works properly. I have in writing from the dealer that they find the same problems in my brand new EX that you are experiencing, and they recommend replacing the audio unit. Honda then denies the repair. Honda is fabricating the compatibility of Android phones on its handsfree website, and then denying any problems. They actually refute facts and evidence from their own technicians showing the system does not work, then state and I quote " The system works as designed". I previously posted a response from them. Again I quote "It is not built to be compatible with android phones. Some functions will work with android phones but it is hit and miss depending on the specific phone". In my experience it is total miss that is being misrepresented both on websites and by Honda sales.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I haven't had a problem with bluetooth, calls, and Pandora with my phone - Galaxy S3, but Aha absolutely refuses to work. I like Slacker off my phone, and it will broadcast the song information to the radio so I know what the song, album, and artist are.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:29 PM
About 1 in 10 times I get the shudder/static of death with my Droid Maxx. A phone and car restart always fixes it but its getting real old. My wife's Droid Turbo doesn't do it however. Might just have to upgrade to a new phone.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:35 AM
And it does this sometimes. Excuse the baby.
2015 Fit Hondalink Fail:

http://youtu.be/PT-rl_0VNk4

Old 11-02-2015, 02:38 PM
Bluetooth connectivity issues

I've noticed that no one has posted on this thread in a year. I just bought a 2015 Honda Fit and am having the same issues with the Bluetooth cutting in and out but only when streaming music. Otherwise, the phone/Bluetooth works great! I have rented Hyundais, Kias, Fords and Chevys and have had ZERO issues with the Bluetooth on those cars. Everything worked perfectly. So there was no reason to think there would be an issue with Honda. I may have seriously reconsidered my purchase had I known. Anyone have any luck getting theirs to work better or have a good alternative?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't experienced bluetooth cutting in and out while streaming since I bought the car new in March 2015. I originally had a Samsung Galaxy SII running ICS and now a Moto X pure running 5.1.1. I mostly use Amazon Prime, but have used Pandaro without problems.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Bluetooth connectivity issues

Good luck Crittergirl, I tried EVERYTHING with Honda. Had the car in the shop 3 times. This was with the "approved" Android devices. Honda won't venture to comment on newer devices and OS's. Honda won't venture to comment on anything. Bottom line, tough sh*t.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Crittergirl
I've noticed that no one has posted on this thread in a year. I just bought a 2015 Honda Fit and am having the same issues with the Bluetooth cutting in and out but only when streaming music. Otherwise, the phone/Bluetooth works great! I have rented Hyundais, Kias, Fords and Chevys and have had ZERO issues with the Bluetooth on those cars. Everything worked perfectly. So there was no reason to think there would be an issue with Honda. I may have seriously reconsidered my purchase had I known. Anyone have any luck getting theirs to work better or have a good alternative?
What model do you have, LX or EX? They have different head units.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by MarcB
Good luck Crittergirl, I tried EVERYTHING with Honda. Had the car in the shop 3 times. This was with the "approved" Android devices. Honda won't venture to comment on newer devices and OS's. Honda won't venture to comment on anything. Bottom line, tough sh*t.
Yes, MarcB, sadly this is the conclusion I am coming to as well. Talked to a very nice woman in the Honda Tech Support dept yesterday and she said that technology keeps changing and it is hard for them to keep up. Even she admitted having problems with the Bluetooth on her Accord and she also has an Adroid phone.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I have an EX.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
I have an EX model

Quick Reply: Problems with Bluetooth Connection