3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Problems with Bluetooth Connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:29 AM
5 Year Member
Problems with Bluetooth Connection

Just a few questions, does anyone else have problems with it sometimes having a poor connection and cutting in and out, specifically on Pandora? Also, occasionally, it won't pull up Pandora at all, and will only play through the bluetooth source, so doesn't show artwork and won't let me change stations.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I found when it does this restarting my phone fixes it.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mecevans
I found when it does this restarting my phone fixes it.
Thanks, a bit of work to get it working, but I guess I'll have to do it. Hopefully it's a rare occurrence.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Also try switching sources to something else then switch back. If not restart.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 AM
I get this issue all the time, I have to turn off the head unit, disable bluetooth on my phone, turn the head unit back on, and reenable bluetooth. That's the only thing that works for me (Using a Galaxy SIII, Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, and a OnePlus One).
Really shitty infotainment center but it has MPG stuff baked in, unfortunately.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:25 AM
5 Year Member
I'm on a OnePlus One as well, if that's worked for you, then I'll start trying that, it should be a little faster than rebooting the phone.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Justin Lane
Just a few questions, does anyone else have problems with it sometimes having a poor connection and cutting in and out, specifically on Pandora? Also, occasionally, it won't pull up Pandora at all, and will only play through the bluetooth source, so doesn't show artwork and won't let me change stations.
Justin Lane,

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Please call our In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. A representative will be glad to assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 11-14-2014, 05:03 PM
I have this very same issue with the Bluetooth cutting in and out. Not just in Pandora, but on music files on my phone as well. Caller ID only works some of the time (more times not). I use the Galaxy S3 because it is a "compatible" phone, rather than getting a newer Galaxy S5. According to their website- Honda HandsFreeLink | Bluetooth Connectivity for Honda Cars these phones are "compatible with most features" By compatible, I believe Honda means that they will kinda work. But in my experience they do not work well at all. Customer service suggests calling In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. Good luck. They are friendly, as is everyone at Honda, but you will not get your phone to work. Android phones are simply not compatible with Honda's new Display Audio units, but no one at Honda will come right out and say it. The latest from Honda (in writing 11-5-2014) "Honda is aware of some other issues with the audio unit and they are working on either a hardware or software update in order to fix issue"

Last edited by MarcB; 11-15-2014 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by MarcB
I have this very same issue with the Bluetooth cutting in and out. Not just in Pandora, but on music files on my phone as well. Caller ID only works some of the time (more times not). I use the Galaxy S3 because it is a "compatible" phone, rather than getting a newer Galaxy S5. According to their website- Honda HandsFreeLink | Bluetooth Connectivity for Honda Cars these phones are "compatible with most features" By compatible, I believe Honda means that they will kinda work. But in my experience they do not work well at all. Customer service suggests calling In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. Good luck. They are friendly, as is everyone at Honda, but you will not get your phone to work. Android phones are simply not compatible with Honda's new Display Audio units, but no one at Honda will come right out and say it. The latest (11-5-2014) "Honda is aware of some other issues with the audio unit and they are working on either a hardware or software update in order to fix issue"
I have an LG G2 with no dropout issues at all. I've done phone calls, pandora, google play streaming and local playback with no issues.

Old 11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
Justin Lane,

We are sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Please call our In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. A representative will be glad to assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan
I never contacted them, however, after doing a reset on my phone (I was rooted originally) the issue seems to have resolved itself. I would say this was more an issue with the phone, and not with the car. We never had issues with my wife's phone.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:05 AM
I haven't tried Bluetooth for anything other than phone calls. Everything works fine for the first few moments after connecting. At some point, it loses the ability to load "Phone Book" and "Call History". It gives me an error message and says to try loading again. No matter how many times I retry, it will not load Phone Book until I turn off the head unit, disable BlueTooth, turn everything back on, and re-link my phone to BlueTooth. I can access everything immediately afterwards; but it always reverts to the error messages after some time has passed.

The phone will continue to receive calls and dial calls during these error periods; but I cannot access phone book or call history.

I called the In-Car Technology Support Desk about the problem. They are the ones who talked me through the disconnect/reconnect procedure. It is a band aid, at best. I need a permanent solution.

My phone is a Galaxy S4.

Old 11-20-2014, 04:07 AM
I have a 13' Sport and sometimes it will keep saying "the phone has been connected". Runs me bonkers. I think it's not the phone (I have Samsung Galaxy MEGA 6.3) but the version of Android (I have 4.4.2).

Old 12-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by napr
I haven't tried Bluetooth for anything other than phone calls. Everything works fine for the first few moments after connecting. At some point, it loses the ability to load "Phone Book" and "Call History". It gives me an error message and says to try loading again. No matter how many times I retry, it will not load Phone Book until I turn off the head unit, disable BlueTooth, turn everything back on, and re-link my phone to BlueTooth. I can access everything immediately afterwards; but it always reverts to the error messages after some time has passed.

The phone will continue to receive calls and dial calls during these error periods; but I cannot access phone book or call history.

I called the In-Car Technology Support Desk about the problem. They are the ones who talked me through the disconnect/reconnect procedure. It is a band aid, at best. I need a permanent solution.

My phone is a Galaxy S4.
I have finally been given an actual answer from Honda. I have been told that there is an update coming and then not since I bought my 2015 EX, never a straight answer. Just got a response from Honda in writing 12-08-2014. "The Honda audio system is built to be compatible with i-phones. It is not built to be compatible with android phones. Some functions will work with android phones but it is hit and miss depending on the specific phone". In spite of what I've read about Android compatibility (future compatibility)

Old 12-10-2014, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
This is sad because it doesn't have to be this way. If the Infotainment systems would just "get out of the way", it would work easily enough. Why does a car have to download my phonebook? When I hit the "talk" button, I want it to activate the bluetooth microphone so I can say "Call So and So" or "Navigate to such and such a place" and have my phone do all the work, just like I can do when not in the car. I should NOT have to learn a whole second set of voice prompt commands just for the car! I have a Moto G LTE Gen1 running Kitkat 4.4.4 (anticipating my Lollipop update any day now). But this is nothing new. My old feature phone from 2006 had voice dialing.

This rant is not necessarily specific to Honda. All these in-car systems all try and insert themselves between driver and phone for no good reason that I can see. If Honda would just provide "passthrough functionality", people would be a lot happier I think.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:30 PM
I found the blue tooth to be a pain, so disconnected it.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by HondaCustSvc
Justin Lane,

Thank you,

Jonathan
Complete waste of your time contacting the "In Car Technology Support desk" A representative will tell you in a very round about way TOUGH LUCK. I can promise you, you will get no where but frustrated.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
This is sad since Android has so many phones on the market. I quit using my BT, due to it cutting in and out.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by gweeper64
This is sad because it doesn't have to be this way. If the Infotainment systems would just "get out of the way", it would work easily enough. Why does a car have to download my phonebook? When I hit the "talk" button, I want it to activate the bluetooth microphone so I can say "Call So and So" or "Navigate to such and such a place" and have my phone do all the work, just like I can do when not in the car. I should NOT have to learn a whole second set of voice prompt commands just for the car! I have a Moto G LTE Gen1 running Kitkat 4.4.4 (anticipating my Lollipop update any day now). But this is nothing new. My old feature phone from 2006 had voice dialing.

This rant is not necessarily specific to Honda. All these in-car systems all try and insert themselves between driver and phone for no good reason that I can see. If Honda would just provide "passthrough functionality", people would be a lot happier I think.
Well that's exactly what Honda has done, just with Apple's Siri and not any Android equivalent.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2015/Fit/features/Siri-Eyes-Free-Mode/2

Could you turn on "OK Google" functionality on your phone in the Google Now launcher? Then you would not even need to press the button to get the prompt as the phone should wake and listen just from hearing the trigger phrase. Most devices (yours included) require being plugged in to be listening but I always have my phone charging if I'm in the car.

Old 12-16-2014, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shifty Pony
Well that's exactly what Honda has done, just with Apple's Siri and not any Android equivalent.

http://owners.honda.com/vehicles/information/2015/Fit/features/Siri-Eyes-Free-Mode/2

Could you turn on "OK Google" functionality on your phone in the Google Now launcher? Then you would not even need to press the button to get the prompt as the phone should wake and listen just from hearing the trigger phrase. Most devices (yours included) require being plugged in to be listening but I always have my phone charging if I'm in the car.
I tried that. When the phone is connected to the Fit, you don't hear any audio prompts after you say "OK Google". Not sure if that is the phone's fault or the Fit. So close yet so far.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by gweeper64
I tried that. When the phone is connected to the Fit, you don't hear any audio prompts after you say "OK Google". Not sure if that is the phone's fault or the Fit. So close yet so far.
You hear the promps if on bluetooth streaming section on the radio..

Quick Reply: Problems with Bluetooth Connection