3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Lane Watch cancels Siri

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Lane Watch cancels Siri

When Lane Watch is activated, it cuts off my interaction with Siri, which means I have to start the task over. For example, if I ask Siri to read my texts, she starts reading, then if I press the Lane Watch button, or if Lane Watch is triggered automatically by signaling right, Siri will be silenced and I'll have to ask her to start reading my texts over again. I can't think of a logical reason why an audio-only interface like Siri can't be used simultaneously with the Lane Watch video feed. Has any body figured out a work around to use Siri and Lane Watch at the same time?

FYI, Siri can be activated if an iPhone is paired with Bluetooth, and you hold the bottom left steering wheel button. The button is below the "end call" button and looks like a face emitting speech waves. This is useful for texting and getting directions eyes-free.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
This annoys me as well.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by simonx314
When Lane Watch is activated, it cuts off my interaction with Siri, which means I have to start the task over. For example, if I ask Siri to read my texts, she starts reading, then if I press the Lane Watch button, or if Lane Watch is triggered automatically by signaling right, Siri will be silenced and I'll have to ask her to start reading my texts over again. I can't think of a logical reason why an audio-only interface like Siri can't be used simultaneously with the Lane Watch video feed. Has any body figured out a work around to use Siri and Lane Watch at the same time?

FYI, Siri can be activated if an iPhone is paired with Bluetooth, and you hold the bottom left steering wheel button. The button is below the "end call" button and looks like a face emitting speech waves. This is useful for texting and getting directions eyes-free.
Hi Simonx314,

Regarding this inquiry, I would suggest reaching out to our in-car tech support. Please call our In-Car Technology Support desk at (888)528-7876. A representative will be glad to assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan