3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Strange paint blemish

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Strange paint blemish

Photo Album

I noticed a large strange paint blemish while washing the car yesterday. I hadn't noticed it until this point, it was pretty dirty. Has anyone seen a paint blemish like this before? Sorry for the phone camera photo quality.

It looks like the clear coat is different in this part, I tried to show that in the photo with the light reflecting off the patch. It is dull and the color is darker. I am wondering if this might be a repainted spot or an issue with Honda's paint from the factory or during delivery to the states? I know that others have had some repainted pieces.

I have no clue what it is. I want to take the car to the dealer and show them, but I am worried that I will have to fight them to cover it under warranty. This is my first new car and I am babying it...

I am feeling pretty frustrated that this may be a problem from the factory and that I may have to fight to get it covered. I have to take it in for the side air bag recall anyways, and so I will be scheduling the appointment soon.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by 8strung
Photo Album

I noticed a large strange paint blemish while washing the car yesterday. I hadn't noticed it until this point, it was pretty dirty. Has anyone seen a paint blemish like this before? Sorry for the phone camera photo quality.

It looks like the clear coat is different in this part, I tried to show that in the photo with the light reflecting off the patch. It is dull and the color is darker. I am wondering if this might be a repainted spot or an issue with Honda's paint from the factory or during delivery to the states? I know that others have had some repainted pieces.

I have no clue what it is. I want to take the car to the dealer and show them, but I am worried that I will have to fight them to cover it under warranty. This is my first new car and I am babying it...

I am feeling pretty frustrated that this may be a problem from the factory and that I may have to fight to get it covered. I have to take it in for the side air bag recall anyways, and so I will be scheduling the appointment soon.
did your dealer apply "paint protection" ? Mine did and I thought I had a bunch of paint issues until I just buffed them with a microfiber and realized that they had just done a shitty job of clearing off all the extra treatment.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NotBlake
did your dealer apply "paint protection" ? Mine did and I thought I had a bunch of paint issues until I just buffed them with a microfiber and realized that they had just done a shitty job of clearing off all the extra treatment.
no paint protection or any other add-ons. I washed it by hand last night and it seems like something to do with the paint itself. I tried to clean it off (but not too hard, didn't want to mess up the clear coat/cause swirls)

its pretty weird, I park it in a private lot for work and park in my driveway in the burbs on a quiet street, can't imagine that something happened to cause this. It's also on one panel only, and only in the corner of that panel.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 PM
looks like clear coat damage.
does it feel rough to touch compare to other surface?
you might want to find detailer maybe they can buff it out.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by 8strung
Photo Album

8strung,

Sorry to hear about this regarding your 2015 Fit. It does seem unusual. We would like to assist you in having it diagnosed at a Honda dealership. If you are interested, please private message us with your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer and phone number so we can better assist you.

Thank you,

Jonathan

Old 11-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Administrator
In for results

Try not to let the car stay dirty for too long, white can show these kinds of things easier than other colors

Old 11-04-2014, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
If it's a problem with the clearcoat, you aren't the first.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/84728-new-15-alabaster-silver-paint-issues.html