3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

XM in 15 fit ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:32 PM
XM in 15 fit ex

I am about to pull the trigger on a brand new fit. My 08 was totaled by a drunk driver. I am getting itchy for the ex model because i don't really need the leather or the nav. The only thing I really want in the built in xm. I was talking to the sales guy and he said to get the xm i have to get the leather and navi. I don't want to pay an extra few grand just to get xm radio.

I cannot see honda making 2 different radios with screens that just have 2 differences in features. I can see them making one radio with everything and just activating the features via hds or a dvd or something in the shop.

If i can just log in with my hds and activate it i would be ecstatic. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Old 01-06-2015, 06:42 PM
Nope, no Sirius or XM radio!!

My girlfriend and I are in the market for a new vehicle and was considering a new FIT.We had a few hangups with the FIT. This was one of them.

The only way Honda offers satellite radio is that you must buy the top-of-the-line EX-L and then spend another $1000 above that and get EX-L w NAV. Once you get NAV system as a bonus you get Sirius radio and HD radio. WooHoo!

I have commented before on my displeasure over Honda and their stupid options and packaging with the FIT. My girlfriend and both drive alot. I have satellite radio in my current vehicle and had it my previous vehicle. We like it a lot!
Seems most other automakers offer it as standard equipment or include it with their middle of the road packages. This is indeed the case with almost all of the FITs direct competitors.

This and a few other items ultimately has us shopping elsewhere for a new vehicle.

Like I said , most other manufacturers throw in Sirius radio in anything other than base models. Honda somehow feels we need to pay them an exorbitant amount of money to have such a luxury.

Jailbreaking and hacking into the system seems an impossibility. It is indeed a completely different entertainment system. For Sirius to work it has to have receiver and transponder. It ain't turned off in other trim levels. It's not freakin there. Simple as that. Adding NAV replaces other stock headunit and adds the other with the NAV software and Sirius reciever and HD radio tuner built in.

Last edited by cuemark8; 01-06-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
this has been covered a bunch of times. i could nto wait for a retrofit kit from honda, so i installed sirius via the typical sirius radio using an fm modulator and a fm modulator adapter.

it is not perfect, but the car has sirius, and has been installed for 3+ months now.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Yea FM delivery wouldn't seem to be an issue - native Sirius broadcasts have become so low fidelity it really wouldn't matter. One of the main reasons subscribers have bailed over the years. Whatever you do, make sure you don't overpay for a subscription package.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:29 PM
I have an existing SiriusXM all access package so I just stream it through my iPhone via bluetooth. It works pretty well and there's no external antenna or FM modulator needed. Works just like Pandora. Something to consider if you don't want to mess with running wires and such.

Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 PM
Radio that requires a subscription and still has advertisements? No thanks.

One less thing to sort through in the menu

Old 01-07-2015, 03:35 AM
The music stations don't have advertisements, which is what they advertise.

(Edited to add: You should pardon the phrasing above.)

Last edited by acter; 01-07-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qi88FIT2015
I have an existing SiriusXM all access package so I just stream it through my iPhone via bluetooth.... Something to consider if you don't want to mess with running wires and such.
i attempted this, but i have numerous cell dead zones on my commute, and i ended up fiddling with the phone too much. for me, sirius was the answer.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by rodney
i attempted this, but i have numerous cell dead zones on my commute, and i ended up fiddling with the phone too much. for me, sirius was the answer.
Yeah, I've been lucky so far but I know on any long road trips I take, I'll probably be listening to the iPod since the cell dropouts would annoy me to no end.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:32 PM
While I'm glad to have Sirius/XM in my Fit, the sound quality is TERRIBLE. I've been a Sirius user for about a decade across multiple devices and cars but for some reason, the Fit's HU has terrible sound quality when in Sirius/XM mode.