3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Any Others Severely Disappointed With the Fit Radio Options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 12:21 PM
Any Others Severely Disappointed With the Fit Radio Options?

I can't be the only one. I was considering trading in my old and faithful early 2000's civic for a new fit and the options and packages for the radio are pretty dismal.

I'm a loyal Sat radio listener and was looking forward to having an integrated stock unit with Sat radio. Imagine my surprise when I realized that Honda requires you to buy the loaded model that cost a couple of grand more. How come Honda can't get with the program and stay competitive? A base model Kia Soul has Sat radio.

That wasn't the deal breaker until I read about the EX not having an Aux Input? WTF Honda? Nearly every model on the road has an Aux input. Then I read about the problems with the EX head unit and it seems to be poorly designed and have a ton of problems.

I decided to look at other cars. I love Honda but the new models just don't do it for me. I shouldn't have to spend 20K on a fit to get some Sat Radio.

That's my rant for the day. Anyone else out there disappointed with Honda?

Old 02-18-2015, 08:49 PM
I am sure many are....but you have already decided Honda's quality if slipping so much in addition, that you are going to get a Toyota.

So...what are you wasting your breath on another post about this?

If I get a Fit, it will probably be the trim level that has Sat Rad included, so...depends on how much I want it.

Last edited by leavenfish; 02-18-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by leavenfish
I am sure many are....but you have already decided Honda's quality if slipping so much in addition, that you are going to get a Toyota.

So...what are you wasting your breath on another post about this?

If I get a Fit, it will probably be the trim level that has Sat Rad included, so...depends on how much I want it.
Because I'm disappointed in Honda and want to know if others are. This is after all a forum where you discuss things which is the point of my post.

When you have to spend 20K+ on a fit to get Sat radio and the EX doesn't even offer an AUX in then it's sad to see how much Honda cares.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
I think it would be nice if the mods merged this thread into the https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ite-radio.html thread.