3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GD guy test drives a GK...my thoughts.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Note-ified
And what about that reliability, man they have to have the best in the business
Similar to Nissan's

Or mexican-built Hondas

Old 02-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Fair and frank review of the car from a GD owners perspective

My intitial review is very similar to OP's, definitely a more refined car than both the GD & GE

Old 02-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Similar to Nissan's

Or mexican-built Hondas

Lol yeah you got me there, but I'll continue to drive mine till the wheels fall off in about 5 more miles and report back to you

Old 02-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Waiz
Fair and frank review of the car from a GD owners perspective

My intitial review is very similar to OP's, definitely a more refined car than both the GD & GE
I dunno waiz, everytime i see your GE now it makes me think of trading in

Old 02-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Administrator
Thread cleaned up, and personal attacks removed

Please keep on topic....

Old 02-01-2015, 03:26 PM

Please keep on topic....
Back on topic, i still think the GK could use some more headroom in the back seat area

Old 02-01-2015, 05:49 PM
s0x
5 Year Member

Please keep on topic....
thank you sir! you should maybe proof read and re-write my post with proper punctuation and paragraphs jk

Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Truth.

That's why my next car will be an S2000

This new ND Miata doe :fap:
The specs on the new Miata are making me seriously consider a trade in. I'm still considering it, but I don't know if I can live with the lack of utility. It might be worth it. I don't use the Fit for moving a ton of stuff very often, but when I do it does make it very easy.

Plus I do deliveries and haul equipment at work sometimes too. I couldn't do that with a Miata... or it would at least make it difficult.

If I need to haul stuff I guess I can just put the top down and put stuff in the passenger seat

Old 02-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Administrator
Thread cleaned up again and infractions handed out

Again, personal attacks are not tolerated especially after I have clearly warned everyone

Old 02-02-2015, 02:36 PM
s0x
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
The specs on the new Miata are making me seriously consider a trade in. I'm still considering it, but I don't know if I can live with the lack of utility. It might be worth it. I don't use the Fit for moving a ton of stuff very often, but when I do it does make it very easy.

Plus I do deliveries and haul equipment at work sometimes too. I couldn't do that with a Miata... or it would at least make it difficult.

If I need to haul stuff I guess I can just put the top down and put stuff in the passenger seat
got to check it out at the auto show it was pretty dope I'm not gonna lie.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

That and the horrible weather up here prevent me from considering one.

Thread cleaned up again and infractions handed out

Again, personal attacks are not tolerated especially after I have clearly warned everyone
Weird. Infractions given out in a thread I've posted in and I didn't get one.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by ritholtz
I am the only one liking steering feel on 2015? I am not a car guy. But I have this old style steering in my 2010 Accord. It feels very heavy and hard to turn during lower speeds. Some times I feel exhausted when making multiple trips on same road and doing same turns. Higher speeds, it feels very loose. In case of 2015 FIT, it is opposite which I like. It feels light during lower speed turns and tightens up nice once I reach higher speeds. I think, steering feel is the one reason why my Accord feels heavy and Fit feels spirited.
I like my 15 far better than either of my GE models. Handling is good, noticably more power, better seat room and better mileage. Also like the styling better. What else could one want in a kid hauler? If someone want a sports hatch, get a FocusRS. $35k vs $16k

Last edited by Stingray; 02-03-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Stingray
I like my 15 far better......noticably more power, better seat room and better mileage.......If someone want a sports hatch, get a FocusRS. $35k vs $16k
Did miss my GD's go-kartness character, but I certainly agree. Got over it after a week from delivery. In addition to the abundant standard features, definitely love the extra horses and the much better mileage. That's from driving in my locale - lotsa traffic and devoid of unending highways, like on the mainland.

IMO, if you live with a GK, day in and day out, knowing you bought a sub-compact, and, compare to the others in the same category, its damn hard to beat!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
I like my 15 far better than either of my GE models. Handling is good, noticably more power, better seat room and better mileage. Also like the styling better. What else could one want in a kid hauler? If someone want a sports hatch, get a FocusRS. $35k vs $16k
After driving Fit for a week, I drove Accord today. At the beginning, 2010 Accord steering felt like rotating a big stone. It is like something is not right. It took some time for me to adjust back to it hard steering. In terms of speed, they are pretty same i.e., slow from the stop, rolls nice once they start moving. Their is little sturdy feeling with Accord. Fit feels light and spirited. One thing I noticed is, Fit steering is very quick in the sense even small unintentional push changes the car movement.

Last edited by ritholtz; 02-03-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
Or buy a 1988-00 Civic hatchback, or 02-05 Civic Si.

Somehow Honda figured out how to make a car that was economical, reliable, comfortable and cheap, while being huge fun and with great potential 25 years ago. But now? lolwat.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Ever drive a first gen Datsun 510? Nissan figured it out how to make a fun practical car in 1968! They weren't the first either as Morris did it in 1959 and probably others before that.

Everyone has a different set of parameters that we interpret as best for a car, but unfortunately they are not always the same for all. The GK comes pretty darned close to pleasing everyone.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
...The GK comes pretty darned close to pleasing everyone.
Everyone who matter.

They still fly off the lots here as soon as they get them and I'm increasingly seeing them on the road.

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-04-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
Everyone who matter.

They still fly off the lots here as soon as they get them and I'm increasingly seeing them on the road.
So do Camrys/Corollas

Old 02-05-2015, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
So do Camrys/Corollas...
Not here. CR-Vs, Rav4s, and even Foresters outsell them and the Accord/Civic. So do F-150s, Silverados, and Rams. But like the new GKs, they're all bought by people who matter, actual buyers with the money--not some wannabe ricer kid with a deprecated subcompact pontificating on an Internet forum (not referencing anyone in particular here).

Old 02-05-2015, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GeorgeL
........Everyone has a different set of parameters that we interpret as best for a car, but unfortunately they are not always the same for all. The GK comes pretty darned close to pleasing everyone.
Very well said!!!
The OP's original task was a step in the right direction. I've always believed that the "TEST DRIVE" is a mandatory step. in my case, I had no test drive in a manual prior to delivery, only a short one on a CVT. At that time, I knew that for my pleasure, I made the right choice by choosing a manual.

But for those who actually made the "purchase", having to live with a car day in and day out - THAT IS THE ULTIMATE TEST!!!

As for "close to pleasing everyone", maybe not, but the key is to please only ONE - numero UNO - ME!!!! MY LX continues to do this everytime its used!!!

Originally Posted by Fitmo
.....bought by people who matter, actual buyers with the money--not some wannabe ricer kid with a deprecated subcompact pontificating on an Internet forum (not referencing anyone in particular here).
"wannabe ricer kid" - Buds your talking about me!!!! LOL!!!!!!! If only I could re-capture the youth! I wouldn't be looking for a Fit. I'd spend more time at the beaches partying with the bikinied blondes!!!!!!

As for the money part, I for one, have financial constraints It took great effort to convince the wife that I "needed" a replacement for our super dependable GD. It turned out to be way more costly than I thought. Ain't talking about the added accessories and mods, but more so, the countless shopping sprees she's doing as "payback". LOL!!!

I'll wager that in 5 yrs. time, there'll be a bunch of non-GK fans who'll turn the corner. They'll be making that purchase (new or used) and posting rave reviews!!!!!!

Looking at pictures, having a test drive or two, sitting in one at the showroom, reading reviews, analyzing specs, etc....... These are all a "start". However, owning one to drive EVERYDAY may make a doubtful individual reconsider their initial impressions.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 02-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Quick Reply: GD guy test drives a GK...my thoughts.