3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

no back seat compartment?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
no back seat compartment?

I don't have a Fit (yet) but I was at the auto show yesterday checking them out and couldn't find the little compartment under the back seat. Is that gone for 2015?

Old 02-17-2015, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Yes

10 char

Old 02-17-2015, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Yes and no. There in ni compartment under the back sit but there is two new compartments in the spare tire I guess the same size as before or maybe. a little bigger.
Maybe they did it to improve support and comfort.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by bach
I don't have a Fit (yet) but I was at the auto show yesterday checking them out and couldn't find the little compartment under the back seat. Is that gone for 2015?
That's one of the first things I looked for when I got my 15 Fit (the cool hidden compartment under the rear seat) and was mildly disappointed it wasn't there anymore.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz
Yes and no. There in ni compartment under the back sit but there is two new compartments in the spare tire I guess the same size as before or maybe. a little bigger...
In fairness, that's true. Jumper cables, tow rope, tubeless tire repair kit, can of fix-a-flat, tire pressure gauge, nitrile gloves, disposable poncho, duct tape, cable ties, reflector, multi-tool, and some other stuff I can't remember off-hand.

Name:  6QGntV3.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  64.3 KB

Old 02-18-2015, 01:42 PM
Fitmo, sounds like you're prepared for almost anything. Were you a boy scout in your younger days?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Fitmo, sounds like you're prepared for almost anything. Were you a boy scout in your younger days?
No, but I belonged to the 4-H club. (and have slid off a dirt road back in the woods during winter)

Besides four 5'x7' fleece blankets, we also have a one-pound coffee can stove with survival candle sitting in a GSI stainless cup with folding handles for melting snow. BIC lighters, Swedish Army Firesteel, vaselined cotton balls, coffee filters for straining expedient water, trash and ziplock bags for gathering and holding it, chlorine dioxide water purification tablets, as well as energy bars and beef jerky. A pair each of super thick wool socks, gloves, and watch cap are tucked away under the seats.

Also have one of the older Petzl e-lite head lamps and a generic LED flashlight in the console along with a roll of quarters. And there's more (i.e. GI entrenching tool and folding saw with the spare tire).

Last edited by Fitmo; 02-18-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
No, but I belonged to the 4-H club. (and have slid off a dirt road back in the woods during winter)

Besides four 5'x7' fleece blankets, we also have a one-pound coffee can stove with survival candle sitting in a GSI stainless cup with folding handles for melting snow. BIC lighters, Swedish Army Firesteel, vaselined cotton balls, coffee filters for straining expedient water, trash and ziplock bags for gathering and holding it, chlorine dioxide water purification tablets, as well as energy bars and beef jerky. A pair each of super thick wool socks, gloves, and watch cap are tucked away under the seats.

Also have one of the older Petzl e-lite head lamps and a generic LED flashlight in the console along with a roll of quarters. And there's more (i.e. GI entrenching tool and folding saw with the spare tire).

Interesting. You should do a separate threat about the stuff you keep in the spare tire for survival with photos and links. That would be so usefull for many guys. Better be ready than sorry. Also that does not take any space but in a risky scenario it will be so helpful.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Yes

10 char
wow that's really annoying, because to this day, their site still advertises it as being there: https://i.imgur.com/rZGM1kZ.png

Magic Seat® | 2015 Honda Fit | Honda Owners Site

Old 07-07-2015, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting. You should do a separate threat about the stuff you keep in the spare tire for survival with photos and links. That would be so usefull for many guys. Better be ready than sorry. Also that does not take any space but in a risky scenario it will be so helpful.
It looks like the emergency kit I bought from Sears. The case it comes in fits under the rear seat. It sticks out a little but it isn't in the way of a passenger's legs. I put it in backwards so it's black against the black carpet - not that anyone could see it through the tint.

Sears.com

Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by dankoman
wow that's really annoying, because to this day, their site still advertises it as being there: https://i.imgur.com/rZGM1kZ.png

Magic Seat® | 2015 Honda Fit | Honda Owners Site
That's interesting that the advertisement still refers to that hidden compartment under the rear seat. Maybe its still there but just VERY well hidden.

Oh, and thanks for posting the video, I had forgotten about the adjustable rear seat feature.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
In fairness, that's true. Jumper cables, tow rope, tubeless tire repair kit, can of fix-a-flat, tire pressure gauge, nitrile gloves, disposable poncho, duct tape, cable ties, reflector, multi-tool, and some other stuff I can't remember off-hand.

^^This reminds me of when my wife and I rented a car in Spain last fall. It is a law that you must wear a safety vest (stowed in glove box) if you ever have to get out of your car when pulled over to the side of the road.

Old 11-29-2015, 11:06 AM
I got it but

Have no idea how to lift the seat

The right side lifts easily like my last fit

But the compartment side is fixed somehow

Is there a hidden button

Rob

Old 11-29-2015, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ibhayirob
Have no idea how to lift the seat

The right side lifts easily like my last fit

But the compartment side is fixed somehow

Is there a hidden button

Rob
There is no compartment under the seats like the last fit. insted there is a small space in the trunk where the spare tire is.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:10 AM
I got it but 2010

Hi

I just upgraded from a 2005 to a 2010

In South Africa

It does have the plastic compartment under the left back

But the seat doesn't lift like the right side or my last one

It has a clip over the foot that looks like there should be a mechanism to unlock it

Guess I'll stop at the agents unless fitfreak knows of a unlock lever somewhere

Seems logical

The seat locks down for security

But should lift to access it

Tks Rob

There is no compartment under the seats like the last fit. insted there is a small space in the trunk where the spare tire is.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 AM
Friendly Honda mechanic

This twenty ten has the compartment

What I thought was a locking clip turned out to be a jammed clip

By closing it on the carpet

With the carpet out she lifts smoothly revealing a compartment my mechanic says most people store their manual in
Leaving your front compartments free

Can't think of anything else I'd like to store under my back seat

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Ibhayirob
Hi

I just upgraded from a 2005 to a 2010

In South Africa

It does have the plastic compartment under the left back

But the seat doesn't lift like the right side or my last one

It has a clip over the foot that looks like there should be a mechanism to unlock it

Guess I'll stop at the agents unless fitfreak knows of a unlock lever somewhere

Seems logical

The seat locks down for security

But should lift to access it

Tks Rob