3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

1000 km later and some questions & concerns about my Fit!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 AM
Question 1000 km later and some questions & concerns about my Fit!

Firstly, I want to say that I am in LOVE with this car. I have read a lot of posts and threads about production issues and other concerns which made me nervous but I bought the car anyways and I am truly happy with it. I have pined after the Fit since it was first introduced in Canada and I have a penchant for little hatchbacks. It is my first brand-new car and it is my first Honda! I don't want this post to come off as me complaining about the car because that's not what this is.

I hit the 1000 km (~621 mi) mark yesterday and I just have a few concerns with the Fit that I'm hoping some forum members can shed some light on.

NOTE: I hope these questions don't come off as petty/ridiculous. It is my first brand-new car and I'm very, very particular and also very, very nervous! I don't want anything to go wrong with the car.

(1) Hood Gap
Someone pointed out to me that the gap between the hood and the side fenders looks a little large. On one side, it definitely is larger than the other side. It's not something I would ever notice myself. The first picture below is the gap on the right side of the car and the second picture is the left side. The left side is the one with the more prominent gap. I'm not totally sure if this is normal or not or if this is something I should bring up with the dealer.

Name:  IMG_4753_zpsbsuxnq6r.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  128.3 KB

Name:  IMG_4754_zpsdvq34zrn.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  153.7 KB

(2) Rear Wheel Well Liners
There is a separate thread about this and I noticed mine aren't completely attached. Would this also be something I need to bring up with the dealer? One looks like it's OK, the other one looks like it was pinched or something. Is this something small that you would leave as-is?

Name:  IMG_4763_zpsy4ijzlcc.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  169.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4762_zpscuh9mxq8.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  130.5 KB

(3) Headlight Condensation
From what I gather on the forums and even from the manual, a small amount of condensation seems to be normal. I have never noticed this on either of my previous cars so I was extremely concerned when I saw it for the first time after washing my car. The tail lights and fog lights do not seem to fog up like the headlight housing does. Does this look like a problematic amount of condensation? I'm paranoid that it will damage the headlights somehow.

Name:  IMG_4760_zpscophavjw.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  211.3 KB

(4) Infotainment System
a. Is there no auto-dim function on this? I have checked the manual and forum but have not found anything relevant. What I mean by auto-dim is if I turn on my car and it is evening (like 9PM) or I have my headlights on, is there no way that the screen will use the night (moon) setting automatically without me selecting it? I have cycled through the menus and settings and haven't seen anything.

b. I've noticed that the system will remember the last "Source" used and go back to that source when re-entering the car and I find that really handy. I have my phone on Bluetooth 99% of the time so I like that it picks up where I left off on my playlist etc. My question with this is even if it knows what source you used last, does it always start off with the screen that lists the sources? It's a minor nuisance but when it connects to my Bluetooth or even the radio, the screen will come up with all of the sources and I still have to manually press the source to get on the screen where it shows the track etc. Not my pic but this is what I mean by source screen:

Name:  2015-honda-fit-sg-33-600x337_zpsnmk5grvu.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  47.6 KB

Basically every time I start my car and it connects to whatever source, it still takes me to this "main" screen and I don't know if it's supposed to do that. I would have assumed it takes you right to the Bluetooth (or whatever) screen.

Phew. Sorry for all the pics!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:25 AM
3) They say it's normal. It's in the manual. If the condensation stays for a long time as water droplets then I would be concerned. Owner's Manual Page 402. Maintenance>Cleaning>Exterior Care "Fogged Exterior Light Lens"

For 4) I know, that you can change the settings in the vehicle to last screen. Also, I think I had that happen to me and it's also a setting change. I believe it's called Source input. I'm not entirely sure but, yes you should be able to change it so it leaves off exactly where you left it. I could go outside but it's freaking cold outside, I think they had a cold weather warning out. EDIT: Owner's Manual Page 234 "Customization Flow" To take off Audio Source Pop-up You're going to want to go to: HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > Audio Source Pop-Up > OFF

I don't know if you know but you can also change the colour of the home screen from Red, Blue, Amber, and Violet.

Last edited by Bawls; 03-23-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member
I also have a '15 Fit in white, with about the same mileage.

Item 1 looks like a simple matter for the dealer to fix by loosening some fasteners, adjusting things and retightening. Take it in if it bothers you. My car is better aligned than that.

Item 2-my car is doing the same thing with the fender liners. I also think it's a poor design. I'll watch them and the discussions in this forum. I might remove mine before next winter.

Item 3- my car also had about the same amount of condensation last week after washing the car in the u-spray-it car wash. It seems to have disappeared after a couple of days. Don't know if the headlights are vented somewhere. It may also have something to do with the weather.

Item 4- When I start my car, the screen shows all the sources, like yours, but then it goes right to the last source screen it was set to. It takes a couple seconds, that's all.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 03-23-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Bawls
3) They say it's normal. It's in the manual. If the condensation stays for a long time as water droplets then I would be concerned. Owner's Manual Page 402. Maintenance>Cleaning>Exterior Care "Fogged Exterior Light Lens"

For 4) I know, that you can change the settings in the vehicle to last screen. Also, I think I had that happen to me and it's also a setting change. I believe it's called Source input. I'm not entirely sure but, yes you should be able to change it so it leaves off exactly where you left it. I could go outside but it's freaking cold outside, I think they had a cold weather warning out. EDIT: Owner's Manual Page 234 "Customization Flow" To take off Audio Source Pop-up You're going to want to go to: HOME > SETTINGS > AUDIO > Audio Source Pop-Up > OFF

I don't know if you know but you can also change the colour of the home screen from Red, Blue, Amber, and Violet.
Thanks Bawls! Yes, I noticed the lights thing in the manual but still freaked me out. Especially with the subzero temps here still I was worried it might ice over? Glad to hear it's normal though.

And thank you for posting the route for the audio setting. I was in the regular system settings and I had the setting for "Remember Last Screen" as on so I figured it was there and not in the Audio settings. Will do once I get down to my car. I do have my system set to the lovely violet

It is bitterly cold here today isn't it? So much for spring...

Old 03-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I also have a '15 Fit in white, with about the same mileage.

Item 1 looks like a simple matter for the dealer to fix by loosening some fasteners, adjusting things and retightening. Take it in if it bothers you. My car is better aligned than that.

Item 2-my car is doing the same thing with the fender liners. I also think it's a poor design. I'll watch them and the discussions in this forum. I might remove mine before next winter.

Item 3- my car also had about the same amount of condensation last week after washing the car in the u-spray-it car wash. It seems to have disappeared after a couple of days. Don't know if the headlights are vented somewhere. It may also have something to do with the weather.

Item 4- When I start my car, the screen shows all the sources, like yours, but then it goes right to the last source screen it was set to. It takes a couple seconds, that's all.
Thanks Uncle Gary, this is tremendously helpful. I hope the hood is as easy of a fix as you say, it definitely does bother me because I'm concerned about excess water or something getting in there. And it is quite noticeable since someone pointed it out to me, I can't stop looking at it.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by kellyjoy
Thanks Bawls!
It is bitterly cold here today isn't it? So much for spring...
For the first two, I would talk to the dealer for them. Email your dealership's bodyshop manager so you have documented your concerns about the vehicle.

Noice on the violet, I have mine set for blue. I wish you could change the gauge cluster colour as well, that would have been so much better.

Yeah, Spring. It'll come in September for one day then back to winter!

What trim did you go with your Fit? From the Fit's that I have noticed, majority of them are LX and below

Old 03-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Bawls
For the first two, I would talk to the dealer for them. Email your dealership's bodyshop manager so you have documented your concerns about the vehicle.

Noice on the violet, I have mine set for blue. I wish you could change the gauge cluster colour as well, that would have been so much better.

Yeah, Spring. It'll come in September for one day then back to winter!

What trim did you go with your Fit? From the Fit's that I have noticed, majority of them are LX and below
I will definitely contact the dealer. I would've taken it back already but I ended up purchasing at a dealer outside of the GTA so it's a bit of a hassle.

The blue looks the best IMO since it matches the cluster! I wish we could change the colour too, that was one of the first things I asked the salesperson after he explained the ambient eco lighting business haha.

I ended up getting an EX as it seemed to be the best deal for all of the things I wanted. Didn't want leather or Navi so I didn't opt for the EX-L. I have seen mostly LX or DX in my neck of the woods it seems but don't see too many in general and have not seen a red one yet in person. The red on yours looks amazing!

Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kellyjoy
Thanks Uncle Gary, this is tremendously helpful. I hope the hood is as easy of a fix as you say, it definitely does bother me because I'm concerned about excess water or something getting in there. And it is quite noticeable since someone pointed it out to me, I can't stop looking at it.

It's not really the hood as much as it's the fenders that are probably out of location a little bit. They're bolted on to the subframe, and there's always a bit of wiggle room in the bolt holes for alignment.

My wheel well liners are pulling away from the fenders and starting to sag. I will be bringing this up with the dealer. I've done business with them for many years, so I'm sure there's a fix for this, too.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
It's not really the hood as much as it's the fenders that are probably out of location a little bit. They're bolted on to the subframe, and there's always a bit of wiggle room in the bolt holes for alignment.

My wheel well liners are pulling away from the fenders and starting to sag. I will be bringing this up with the dealer. I've done business with them for many years, so I'm sure there's a fix for this, too.
You were correct! Took it to the dealership and it was the fenders. Re-adjusted now and MUCH better.

I brought up the whole liner issue and the advisor was very understanding but basically just said it's supposed to be like that and there's nothing abnormal about mine. I mentioned that I don't think it's a very good design and that it's not the greatest solution, especially considering I live in Canada and there's snow practically all the time. There wasn't anything they could do about it so I think I will follow suit like the others on the main thread about this and call Honda Canada and complain. Let me know what happens in your case!