3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Does anybody here actually LIKE their new gen Fit!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:01 AM
I may be a bit biased, but this is my 3rd Fit. I've spent more time on my 15 than both my 08 and 11 Fits combined. I've done serious modding to it. Very happy with my purchase.

I'd list them all but I'll just refer everyone to my threads below. The most notable mod I've done to my EX 6MT is adding heated side mirrors to it, which is not an option for the USA EX Fits. I got the winkers and heated seat mods planned, but as time/funds allow. I haven't documented it yet, but all the turn signal, brake, running, and reverse lights have been converted to LED. The front turns are switchback (A type). I will eventually fix the DRL functionality as I like having them.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ack-pearl.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...orber-mod.html

Old 04-16-2015, 12:29 PM
I love mine!

I love mine. I got the black EX-L. It's the Fit I've been waiting for. Also it's my first Honda! I've added ambient lighting in all the foot wells. RF remote control as well as sound activation for them. The rear view mirror dash cam should be in tomorrow. Next month I'm hoping to get it tinted.

Things I love:
  • The mileage. My highest trip, 30 mile highway driving, I've gotten 49mpg. Even in the city, in Eco Mode, I'm getting real world 37.5mpg. My calculator matches the dash.
  • Heated seats. Oh yes, chilly mornings have nothing on me.
  • Love the "Magic Seats". I've taken to just putting those up with my tiny dog in the back.
  • The cameras. I've practiced and can back into a spot monitor only now if I want to.
  • Love the whole Navi system. Made a call over bluetooth the other day and the other end said they couldn't tell I was on speaker or driving.
  • Love the Eco button and dash Eco Indicators
  • I'm not sure what folks were driving before but I've had a few cars in this style class and I'm not having ride, wind noise, and road problems.
  • My dealer. What someone showing some love to their dealer. I should have gone Honda sooner!

Things I don't love but I will definitely live:
  • No aux jack. With everything else how could they not have an aux jack?
  • Cover for the rear cargo area is not standard.
  • The sound system is not bad but could be better. Lack of a way to adjust/equalize the dynamics other than just treble/bass. It doesn't sound as good as my last ride. I have a suspicion though mine wasn't entirely stock.

So far I can see me recommending and buying another Fit.

Last edited by jtpowell; 04-16-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 04-16-2015, 03:45 PM
I confess I have the CVT and it is fun to drive (screw the picky auto reviewers who hate anything not manual). Yes the EX is nice but the LX has all that I actually needed (plus nice gas mileage - averaging over 39 in mixed, mainly large town, driving.

Let the fun resume with this fast golf cart!

Old 04-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I LOVE my new EX 6 speed!

This car offers so much more for the money than anything out there - and it makes my old 2010 FIT seem like a tin can.

Two thumbs up for my Mexican baby.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:04 PM
I love my car, it's my ninth Honda, traded a 2011 CR-Z on it. It's a Milano red EX 6MT. So far I've added the following:

* WeatherTech front liners (awesome mats!)
* LED interior bulbs.
* OEM splash guards
* Rear bumper applique
* Polk Audio front speakers. (like jtpowell said, sound system needs help)
* Rear cargo tray
* PlastiDip on the 'Fit' badge and 'EX' badge that I added on the liftgate. This weekend
I'm doing the chrome bar on the back, chrome is for old cars!

Still to do:
* Next weekend having an amp installed for the front speakers and an amplified 8" sub. The amp will be in the tray on top of the spare and the sub will sit in the back. I also wish the car had come with a cargo cover, esp an EX. $200 is too much for that.
* Yellow fog bulbs. Had them in my CR-Z, they look great.
* Magnet bra for the hood, it's getting chipped up from all the driving I do.

I drive a TON for work, bought the car on Feb 14th, it's almost at 6000 miles, no problems, noises, etc.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by S4ltydog
Sorry but I joined this forum to be a part of something awesome because I LOVE my car. But it seems lately that all I see are people complaining about issues with they're having. I have had no issues with noises, glass, paint, panel alignment etc. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my car and would love to hear similar stories!
Here is an older thread which is for people that have not had problems with their Fit:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...15-thread.html

Old 04-16-2015, 10:12 PM
Just thinking about this very thing today in fact. 2015 LX that's doing just fine. Smooth ride, no noise troubles, performs well. Couldn't be more satisfied. This car is great bang for the buck. Love it.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:21 PM
Sorry but I joined this forum to be a part of something awesome because I LOVE my car. But it seems lately that all I see are people complaining about issues with they're having. I have had no issues with noises, glass, paint, panel alignment etc. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my car and would love to hear similar stories!
Generally, people on forums are either rabid enthusiasts or unhappy owners. The vast majority of people are pretty happy with their new Fits, and don't get on a forum. Mine has 10k miles, and is the best car I have ever owned.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Judson
Yes I do! I wanted to get one since September, but I waited for a later VIN # so the bugs would hopefully be worked out and so far it has not disappointed!

Mine was one of the first built, and no bugs of any kind.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
My wife has had hers for about a month, and totally loves it. No problems or fit/finish issues to report in the first 800 miles. She's averaging very close to 40 mpg. She said her new Fit puts the fun back in driving. An earlier post said he/she thought the new Fit felt cheaper/tinnier than the old Fit, but I would disagree 100%. My son has an '09 and the '15 model is a lot more solid and has a nicer quality feeling.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by John Kuhn
An earlier post said he/she thought the new Fit felt cheaper/tinnier than the old Fit, but I would disagree 100%. My son has an '09 and the '15 model is a lot more solid and has a nicer quality feeling.
John, if you're referring to post #19, it actually states the gen 2 felt cheaper, not the GK/gen 3.

When I was car shopping, there were 3 main things I was looking for in a car:
1. a small footprint (since we just recently moved to a place with a much smaller garage)
2. enough room to fit 2 bikes inside
3. good gas mileage

The Fit has more than filled these requirements. 4k miles later and I love this little car.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
John, if you're referring to post #19, it actually states the gen 2 felt cheaper, not the GK/gen 3.

When I was car shopping, there were 3 main things I was looking for in a car:
1. a small footprint (since we just recently moved to a place with a much smaller garage)
2. enough room to fit 2 bikes inside
3. good gas mileage

The Fit has more than filled these requirements. 4k miles later and I love this little car.
My bad, I missed that.
My wife's requirements were automatic, four doors, small on the outside and a handy cargo space. A perfect Fit!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:05 PM

I love my Fit! Just got it too. I test drove a 2013 FIT Sport with Navigation and really liked that and then at the same dealership I test drove the 2015 EX. No comparison, it just drove nicer in my opinion. Ended up buying my 2015 Fit 2 weeks ago and just love it.

My wife drives a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI and loves the FIT too!

Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by txelise

My wife drives a 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI and loves the FIT too!
That's funny! I drive a 2014 Sportwagen TDI (manual 6-speed), and my wife has the new Fit. We both like both cars, but she doesn't like to shift anymore.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
I just got a brand new Fit EX (CVT automatic). Fun car to drive, lots of power, and smoother ride than my old Fit. But I do think the power steering is a tad overboosted and it's going to take a while to get used to that touchscreen stereo.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
I just got a brand new Fit EX (CVT automatic). Fun car to drive, lots of power, and smoother ride than my old Fit. But I do think the power steering is a tad overboosted and it's going to take a while to get used to that touchscreen stereo.
The steering a bit more boosted but really not bad at all. The 2013 Fit I drove did feel better steering wise (a bit more feedback) but the rest of the driving experience from acceleration, to noise, to interior materials seemed much better in the new Fit, which is why I bought one. I am jealous of all the cool stuff for the previous generation Fit and can't wait till our generation gets all the "cool" stuff too!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:11 AM
I love my Fit, too. I was one of the people to post a thread about a possible issue, though. I think the forums are a great way for people to learn and share the good and bad. It never hurts to be informed and it's my first brand new car ever, so there was a lot I didn't know. That being said, my issue turned out to be nothing, thankfully.

I went from a 14 year old Civic coupe that I owned for 8 years of its life and traded it in @ 124,000 miles when I bought my Fit one week ago. The difference between that car and this one is night and day! My new Fit drives like butter, while my Civic drove like curdled milk. hahaha. I love all the standard options that come with the LX. It's so awesome to get into my car and have it start playing the mp3s on my phone automatically through the bluetooth connection. I haven't even tried to make a phone call on it yet. I'm still getting used to the backup camera and tend not to look at it, but it's nice to have. I got the beautiful blue. I can see it from a mile away in a parking lot, which I love! The Fit is great! I can't wait to use the full cargo area of the hatchback for transporting something. It really is such a versatile car and you get a lot for the price. This is my 3rd Honda and I plan to keep this one for at least 10 years, if not longer because my dealership had a lifetime warranty on it.

Last edited by mikazuki81; 04-18-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:21 AM
I should mention

Originally Posted by mikazuki81
My new Fit drives like butter, while my Civic drove like curdled milk.
No hate on the Civic. I just had a love hate relationship with it because I bought it from a private seller and got kind of screwed over with hidden problems I think he new about. It wasn't the Civic's fault, but because of my bitterness about some of the problems I inherited, I wasn't that great about keeping up with scheduled maintenance outside of oil changes.

I promised myself to baby my Fit, though. And to my Civic's credit, it never once broke down on me and left me stranded for as wobbly as it felt to drive.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Ha! I'd never let someone bring food or drink to consume in my car. That's what restaurants are for.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:47 AM
Couldn't agree with you more on the LX! I picked that over the EX (which has several great options added to it including the right side blind view camera) not solely because of price (replacing/replacing our parts will cost less as well as slightly better gas mileage) but it also has all I needed (and then some)

Welcome aboard the rocking FIT ship!

Quick Reply: Does anybody here actually LIKE their new gen Fit!?