3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Does anybody here actually LIKE their new gen Fit!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikazuki81
I went from a 14 year old Civic coupe that I owned for 8 years of its life and traded it in @ 124,000 miles when I bought my Fit one week ago. The difference between that car and this one is night and day! My new Fit drives like butter, while my Civic drove like curdled milk. hahaha.
I had a Honda Civic HX CVT coupe (1998 model bought new) that was traded in for my previous 2012 Honda Fit Sport AT (before it was--alas--sadly destroyed in a recent accident). I should have instead traded in my stepfather's Acura Legend instead and given my old Civic HX to him; it still drove very well, especially since not long before that car was traded in the vehicle got all new brakes, including new front discs and rear drums.

But getting back on topic, I still think Honda over-boosted the power steering on the 2015 Fit EX; I hope they correct this for the 2016 model year production--at least by the time of the mid-model change.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Because I didn't own a car for decades I rented dozens. In comparison I don't feel the steering is over boosted IMO. I find it to be just right.

Last edited by exl500; 04-19-2015 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:38 AM
I love mine

I have a purple 2015 fit ex. It's the 6 speed. And it's my second fit. I had a 2013 sport. I have absolutely loved both! The only issue I've had is trying to use my phone with the radio(which might just be me not understanding technology). I helped 3 people move with my fits so far and they are always shocked to see how much can fit in them. They both have been fun to drive. In the 2013 I would get about 38 mpg and in the new one I'm getting about 41mpg (my husband and I aren't crazy drivers. Never more than 5 mph over the limit and he loves cruise control). We have had wonderful experiences with Honda in general. He has an '02 CRV that he loves. High miles but runs great. Before that he had a '94 civic. We sold it at 400,000 miles. It was still running! And still had the original clutch. I recommend Honda to everyone and the fit is no exception.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:34 PM
I love my 2015 Fit. I've only had it for 2 weeks, so no problems yet. But it sure is fun to drive!

Old 04-19-2015, 10:27 PM
Had mine now since thanksgiving 2014. Love this car so very much, no problems issues or complaints, love how you can just zip around so effortlessly, super gas mileage, and love how the back seats pop up. wonderful little car.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:36 PM
I absolutely adore my LX - I've had it for a couple of months and still enjoy it as much as when I first picked it up. It's an awesome little thing!

Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 PM
I love my 2015 LX! You cant possibly get a better car for the money. I had a 1997 Accord before this, and it was my first Honda. It got me Loyal to Hondas.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:22 AM
So far, so good.

I like the features, and the overall ride. I can't say that I love my Fit, I consider it a tool. But it is MUCH better than the 2010 Fit I had for about a year. I liked that car, but the ride was almost as bad as my Corvette. So I traded it for an Insight. This 15 Fit (in my opinion) rides better than the Insight. And the mileage has been close enough to the Insight, that I really can't justify the price difference.

I've even waxed my Fit. I usually don't baby my driver cars. But it is kind of a cool looking car (just don't tell anyone that I said that).

Old 04-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by 74f100
So far, so good.

I like the features, and the overall ride. I can't say that I love my Fit, I consider it a tool. But it is MUCH better than the 2010 Fit I had for about a year. I liked that car, but the ride was almost as bad as my Corvette. So I traded it for an Insight. This 15 Fit (in my opinion) rides better than the Insight. And the mileage has been close enough to the Insight, that I really can't justify the price difference.

I've even waxed my Fit. I usually don't baby my driver cars. But it is kind of a cool looking car (just don't tell anyone that I said that).
I LOVE the way it looks! I think it is by FAR the sexiest hatch on the American market

Old 04-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Have you ever met a Fit owner (GD, GE or GK) who hated it??? They must exist out there, but I ain't one of them!!!

Enjoyed our GD and this LX GK is no exception. Living and driving it on a DAILY basis gives us owner's a first hand appreciation which no test drive or magazine article(s) can ever duplicate.

Things keep the love strong:
Frugal on fuel, easy to drive, lovely manual shift, up-to-date basic features (e.g. reverse park camera, bluetooth etc....), continuing the magic seats, a pleasure to add & install mods/accessories, updated "cute" compact styling, power windows, keyless entry, great visibility.....and the list goes on!!!!!

Is it the perfect sub-compact? Certainly not, but then, no one makes one!!! Others identify some things that are lacking but we'll find very few owners who will feel the same. This is one car where we got "more" than what we paid!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:36 PM
sws
I sure do like my 2015. I had a 2011 and loved it. My favorite thing so far is that with a big load, it is still springy. My 2011 felt like it was riding on the axels with 4 people in it!

Old 05-11-2015, 04:02 PM
It's been a love/hate relationship with my Fit, but there is plenty to like about it. There had to be some compelling reasons to buy the car at the beginning, and they are still there, along with some extra surprises along the way. Some of my favorites include:
-The clear, crisp gauges and the attractive blue hue
-The user-friendliness of the radio on the LX- especially compared to the latest Ford radios in the Fiesta
- The versatility of the back seat and cargo arean- it is unmatched in this class. No car comes close
-The excellent visibility all around; sit in an Accent hatch for comparision and the windows are like mail slots on that car
-The hill-hold feature on the manual
- the crispness and precision of the manual shifter, and forgiving clutch
-The silver trim on the door panels adds an upscale feel
-The cloth feels durable but is comfortable and nice to the touch
-The center storage compartment
- Getting 45mpg on the highway and about 36mpg around the city

Overall, it is an excellent little car. I may grumble about the quality issues and about the road noise and terrible gearing, but overall, it is a really well thought-out product