3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Three wishes for a better Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Style/looks now? There are at least 3 different brands that look very similar to the 3rd Gen. Fit.
Ooops I forgot I was in the gen 3 area of the forums.

There are very few small hatchbacks that I like.

One is the Hyundai Veloster (the accents not too bad either)
The other is the Lexus CT and the ugly, older stepchild of the group...the Volvo C30 which some people don't like but I always thought was cool.

VW GTI has amazing styling but after owning a VW I'll never go there again.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
The GK is no fun to drive.
Thanks for the laugh; my GK is an absolute ball to drive.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:54 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
besides the fit and finish on some of the panels and slightly cocked steering wheel (lol) i think honda did a good job on this car. at this price point can't really expect much more.

i would fix the fit and finish.
a tad bigger gas tank would be nice.
smaller a-pillar

Old 04-23-2016, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by exl500
Thanks for the laugh; my GK is an absolute ball to drive.
Yes, mine too. I drove a low-miles '13 before I drove my '16. The handling of the '13 was what some people would call "spirited." Every time it hit a bump on the freeway it pointed itself in a new direction. The '16 is better behaved. It changes direction readily, but only when it is commanded.

Originally Posted by kenchan
besides the fit and finish on some of the panels and slightly cocked steering wheel (lol) i think honda did a good job on this car. at this price point can't really expect much more.

i would fix the fit and finish.
a tad bigger gas tank would be nice.
smaller a-pillar
I agree on the A-pillar and gas tank. I love 370 miles of range, but I'd really love 500. One thing that I've found is that the tank actually takes 2 gallons more after the pump's automatic shutoff. That long fill pipe slows things down.

The fit and finish of the '16s seems to be generally better than the '15s. My LX is flawless, as was every other '16 I looked at the dealer.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Another 25-30 horsepower would be nice. A bigger gas tank would be nice too.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:07 AM
5 Year Member
Stronger AC - we spent a weekend driving in 90 - 95 degree heat, it was cool enough, but it would be nice to get it cooler....my Mrs loved it - I always freeze her out on road trips ....it's livable...of course having a black Fit doesn't help (shall be getting windows tinted once I get the dead '03 Focus scrapped)
A taller 6th gear ....we got 41.1 mpg with the AC going full blast and "slightly"exceeding posted speed limits....who knows how high it could be if 6th gear was geared properly
That's about it, really....oh, yeah, floor mats!!! I refuse to be charged by a dealer for something that SHOULD ship as standard on any car (and it seems most companies still play this stupid game, I guess)....f' 'em, I bought a cheap $10 set of black rubber trim-to-size mats and secured them with some velcro tape....works for now until I decide what to do mat-wise
Love this little car !!! My POS Focus should be getting picked up for scrap today, if all goes well.....I was rolling the dice every time I drove the car, and I lost big time a couple of weeks ago - the infamous "dropped valve seat issue" claimed another victim. Ford knows this is/was a bad problem on a certain engine, refused to do anything about it. The 2.0L SPI engine is garbage

Old 06-15-2016, 07:13 AM
- a real temperature gauge instead of the blue icon that disappears after the engine warms up

- too much tire noise from the Firestone oem tires

Old 06-15-2016, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
After living with the car for a year, I have no real complaints. Unlike Mike 410b, I find the car a blast to drive, and find myself looking for excuses to go somewhere.

Well, as long as we're wishing, a Fit Si would be nice. How about it, Honda?

Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by shawnshank
I agree. I think the new fits are heinous. I'm sure someone thought the Pontiac Aztec was a good design choice too.
Hmm. You're from Boston, eh? Funny how that works out.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
I could really get behind that idea.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
After living with the car for a year, I have no real complaints. Unlike Mike 410b, I find the car a blast to drive, and find myself looking for excuses to go somewhere.

Fat chance that, It has taken Honda decades to offer a Civic Type R here and it MAY show up in the fall of this year as a 2017 model.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit_as_a_butchers_dog
Hmm. You're from Boston, eh? Funny how that works out.
Actually Buick had a cleaned up version of the Aztec, sans the 4 nostrils front end and the overdone side cladding. Decent, if not spectacular, looking.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Actually Buick had a cleaned up version of the Aztec, sans the 4 nostrils front end and the overdone side cladding. Decent, if not spectacular, looking.
Ah yes, the Rendezvous, a better looking version of the Aztek.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Given the overwhelming popularity of car-based SUV and CUV vehicles these days (many of which are, to my eye, far uglier than the oft-maligned Pontiac), I'd say the Aztec had the last laugh. It was just ahead of its time.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
a lot of these things are just adding costs. Interior hatch release would be great, but it's weight and expense for something that isn't really necessary.

Hell, mine only has one roof handle. The other three are MIA.

My three wishes are...

1. more insulation because the road noise really is too loud.
2. more buttons. I really dislike the tendency to get rid of expensive switches and buttons with no switches and buttons
3. A spare tire. Yeah, I know you guys in the states still have one, but you won't next year.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
Given the overwhelming popularity of car-based SUV and CUV vehicles these days (many of which are, to my eye, far uglier than the oft-maligned Pontiac), I'd say the Aztec had the last laugh. It was just ahead of its time.
I often wondered what the Pontiac styling division was smoking in those days. The over styled Aztec, Firebird and even the lowly GranAm The Flaming Chicken Firebird became a caricature of itself. The hungry catfish/bass frontends of some of today's SUV/CUV are just as ugly as the 4 nostrils on the Pontiac. The side sculptures do have a purpose however. They make the thin metal slightly stronger. Ugly? Sometimes, depending on the eyes of the beholder.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by memo
I own a 2016 EX Honda Fit, and I'm quite happy so far. I have several months now (about 10 months). I basically purchased to get me from A to B, so I'm not asking much.

I live in Caribbean, we have no seasons, but in winter, it gets around 29 to 30 in the peak, mornings are cooler, 23 or 24. Humidity 70%+.

My complain could be the A/C, but I am used to open the doors, windows, blast A/C on low, no ECON mode, for 2 or 3 minutes, then drive 2 more minutes to help it cool before shutting windows, its a way of life on these latitudes. I use the car most of the time myself alone, so I have no good experience with complaining passengers.

I'm 1.79 m tall, I use the seat in the highest position, the rear view mirror blocks my 1 o'clock view, unless I lower my seat, which I rather not do, so that part of the design does not help, but it's a small car anyways.
I have to make this point again, because when I purchased my Fit, we didn't have this heat wave (it was at the end of summer), It's usually hot here, but the Sahara Dust effect makes it worst. I blast my A/C on Low and lower my windows for a couple of minutes, I purchased a custom sunshade and still, I can't get my Fit cool fast enough, and when it is one of those days that I make quick stops in the city, the minute I turn my A/C off, it gets hot again in minutes. I'm feeling now the small compressor.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by memo
I have to make this point again, because when I purchased my Fit, we didn't have this heat wave (it was at the end of summer), It's usually hot here, but the Sahara Dust effect makes it worst. I blast my A/C on Low and lower my windows for a couple of minutes, I purchased a custom sunshade and still, I can't get my Fit cool fast enough, and when it is one of those days that I make quick stops in the city, the minute I turn my A/C off, it gets hot again in minutes. I'm feeling now the small compressor.
5Well, I'm in Middle TN, it's 94 F (Heat Index 105) at noon. Tinting will help inside the car, but only marginally. Ditto a sun shield. Personally I'm staying inside and hugging the AC unit in the window of my apartment. I may, I say MAY, go visit a new gun range across town in the morning, but no way do I expect the Fit's AC to drive me out of the car. May crack open the sun roof after I get on the interstate on my way to Bellvue from Madison and back.

Melting in Madison.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:18 PM
5Well, I'm in Middle TN, it's 94 F (Heat Index 105) at noon. Tinting will help inside the car, but only marginally. Ditto a sun shield. Personally I'm staying inside and hugging the AC unit in the window of my apartment. I may, I say MAY, go visit a new gun range across town in the morning, but no way do I expect the Fit's AC to drive me out of the car. May crack open the sun roof after I get on the interstate on my way to Bellvue from Madison and back.

Melting in Madison.
Yeah I forgot to mention that the very next day I took my Fit from the dealer, I tinted all windows with the exception of the windshield (illegal here) with 3M 50%, it makes the difference (blocking UV).

Last week I threw a thermometer inside and at 11:30 a.m. it was reading 41.5 C (no heat index) and outside was 37 C (heat index). Humidity here is always over 70%. Unfortunately mine didn't come with sunroof.

Old 06-16-2016, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member

Next to the AZTEK, this was the other Pontiac misfire.. Handled like a pig and the paint on them washed off.. Roomy as all heck though.. <br/>

If you squint it kinda looks like a Fit just BIGGER

Quick Reply: Three wishes for a better Fit