3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Three wishes for a better Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Three wishes for a better Fit

What annoys you about your Gen 3 fit, now that many of you have had months to enjoy one.
For me:
1. Cabin noise from the engine is a bit annoying at say 70 mph and up.
- I actually enjoy the engine tones in some rev bands and at some speed levels, but a high highway speeds and in some situations, it seems Honda could have engineered in some better dampening for that common scenario.

2. Front seat leg room
- For over 6 foot individuals there could be more play in the front seat adjustment, as the rear leg room is excellent for this car class. One more notch please.

3. Air conditioning airflow power for rear passengers
- I have no issues with the air conditioning power, but I sit in the front of the car. My family complains about the air conditioning in the rear of the car. This was my only surprise of the three, I knew about the above from my test drive. I live in interior California where extreme heat is common (summer days over 100 degrees).

What are your wishes?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:39 AM
Dear genie,
I wish that the gearing was better sorted and that 6th gear was higher. The high revs at freeway speeds is annoying

I wish for more front seat leg room. My 6'4'' husband has his knees always pressed in the dash, or he has to contort himself to sit comfortably in the passener seat.

I wish the darn thing was built better. I'm tired of seeing misaligned panels, hearing squeaks, and that rear hatch piece above the license plate coming loose.

Poof!

Old 09-19-2015, 12:33 PM
1) 1st gear
2) 5th gear
3) bluetooth resconnects when I start the engine (so everytime I'm at a long stoplight basically I get a 15sec interruption to music/nav)

Old 09-19-2015, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member
1. Air conditioning could be better. I can only imagine how it feels in the back seat.
2. Auto dim the headunit. My Garmin GPS knows it's dark/light so it changes the screen display.
3. Fit and finish could be better (misaligned front bumper for example)
4. Cup holders that can fit wider and taller cups.
5. Cup holders for backseat occupants.

Old 09-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Sound deadening materials would go a long way - this is a noisy car even against the competition of this lesser-class where cars are not known to be quiet to begin with. I was going to try and add about 50lbs of MLV to the floors and door panels and see how that pans out.

LED headlights would be a worthwhile upgrade for Honda. Competitors have it and media tends to flog deficiencies like this these days. For current owners, a retrofit kit is the best option to replace the bad lighting.

Otherwise, no real complaints. Head unit certainly could be better to support Android audio and all that, but you can make similar arguments for nearly all of its competitors due to the technology rapidly changing and making things obsolete before they even come out.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
2. Auto dim the headunit. My Garmin GPS knows it's dark/light so it changes the screen display.
I have a 2013, so maybe this was changed with the new generation. But all of the dash and radio lights have two different brightness levels. One for normal use, and one for when the head lights are on. You can adjust each level however you want. So I have it at full brightness normally, and then very dim with the headlights on.
Can the 3rd gen Fit's not do that?

Old 09-20-2015, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by offroadcmpr
I have a 2013, so maybe this was changed with the new generation. But all of the dash and radio lights have two different brightness levels. One for normal use, and one for when the head lights are on. You can adjust each level however you want. So I have it at full brightness normally, and then very dim with the headlights on.
Can the 3rd gen Fit's not do that?
I haven't seen anything in the manual for that, if there is someone kindly point it out please. You can manually dim the display but that's about it.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I've noticed the display dim when the headlights are turned on, so it looks like there are two levels and probably independently adjustable in those two modes.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:01 AM
1. +30 HP. A Fit Type R/Fit Si would be a riot, and I'd gladly pay ~$25-27k for the privilege.

2. Wholesale changes to the audio system. Can't get satellite radio on anything but the most expensive trim, yet no AUX (in the EX) to bring your own. No mute button. No pause button for ipod playback.

3. Front seat bases with some slope to them. It took my knees about four months to adjust to them.

I've gotten used to the gearing, but a granny first gear is just silly, as is the "five and a half" sixth gear. When I can legitimately shift to sixth on a 45-mph road, that's a too-short gear.

Old 09-21-2015, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
I think it would be great if Honda give us the option to replace the radio with something else..So many functions for the car are tied to the head unit. I can live with the screen for control of the basics but wish I could just replace the audio.

Old 09-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Splat
1. +30 HP. A Fit Type R/Fit Si would be a riot, and I'd gladly pay ~$25-27k for the privilege.

2. Wholesale changes to the audio system. Can't get satellite radio on anything but the most expensive trim, yet no AUX (in the EX) to bring your own. No mute button. No pause button for ipod playback.

3. Front seat bases with some slope to them. It took my knees about four months to adjust to them.

I've gotten used to the gearing, but a granny first gear is just silly, as is the "five and a half" sixth gear. When I can legitimately shift to sixth on a 45-mph road, that's a too-short gear.
+1 to a Type R/SI model with 200+HP/torque.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
the GK is my wife's and she seems to be happy with the car.. but ive worked on it a little bit and here are my wishes:

1. trunk under tray (foam thing) deeper so that you can put more things in it (like a mini air compressor).
2. trunk under tray (foam thing) that dont disintegrate when you pull in/out.
3. trunk side pocket. was there on the GE, why they take this out?
4. trunk floor prop-up string. was there on the GE, why they take this out?

oh wait, that's 4..

Old 09-21-2015, 06:19 PM
The screen will autodim, but when it's dark out you need to have your gauges dimmed too. It's the combo knob/button for the trip meter in the gauge cluster. Otherwise, there is the button to the right of the disc slot.

Last edited by esnave09; 09-21-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 PM
For me and in order of priority.
  • Android Auto / Android support
For real Honda, get with the times. We don't all drink the Apple cool aid and you know it.
  • Real 6th gear, not a 2nd 5th gear.
If I could keep the RPMs at 3k, instead of 4k+ at 70-80 mph I could only imagine what kind of mileage I would get. And I am very happy with my current mileage.
  • More room for the front passengers.
This was the biggest reason I was looking into other brands. I love the ample amount of space in the Fit, but I would love even more if the "front" of the vehicle was able to use more of it. I am 5'10" and want one more notch when sliding the seat back.

In short: Great Job Honda! You created a marvelous little car, at a fantastic price point! However in my buying experience, I would have paid more, for a few tweaks to make the driving experience more enjoyable.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by esnave09
The screen will autodim, but when it's dark out you need to have your gauges dimmed too. It's the combo knob/button for the trip meter in the gauge cluster. Otherwise, there is the button to the right of the disc slot.
Is it really auto dim if I have to dim the gauges for the screen to dim? Maybe I'm not reading your response correctly? I don't think I've touched the gauge dim button since seeing it purchase. I'd like the screen to auto dim, don't really care what the gauges do.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by EcoBoost
  • More room for the front passengers.
This was the biggest reason I was looking into other brands. I love the ample amount of space in the Fit, but I would love even more if the "front" of the vehicle was able to use more of it. I am 5'10" and want one more notch when sliding the seat back.
I don't get the complaining on this in these forums. I'm also 5'10" and I sit with the seat practically all the way forward. The leg space seems very ample to me given the size of the car. It's not very far off from the Civic either. I mean, this IS a small car. Complaining over minor leg room issues is sort of missing the point.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Is the AC that bad?
I'm in Florida and joined the forum to research before buying. Inadequate AC would be a deal-killer. Anyone in the deep south who's dealt with it? Can tint overcome it?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
Is it really auto dim if I have to dim the gauges for the screen to dim? Maybe I'm not reading your response correctly? I don't think I've touched the gauge dim button since seeing it purchase. I'd like the screen to auto dim, don't really care what the gauges do.
The gages and display will dim automatically at night UNLESS the dimmer control is set to MAX. Turn the dimmer control one click counterclockwise. See page 128 of the owner's manual.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mlifxs
Is the AC that bad?
I'm in Florida and joined the forum to research before buying. Inadequate AC would be a deal-killer. Anyone in the deep south who's dealt with it? Can tint overcome it?
We're in Florida and the AC is fine. Tint helps. Of course it gets hot if it's in the sun for a while, but takes about 5 minutes to get comfortable. Mind you, we keep the house on 80 throughout the summer or we are chilly.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The gages and display will dim automatically at night UNLESS the dimmer control is set to MAX. Turn the dimmer control one click counterclockwise. See page 128 of the owner's manual.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

Quick Reply: Three wishes for a better Fit