3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Three wishes for a better Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Stop/start.

How to get that Bluetooth song to stop playing every time I start the car. And I did RTFM. (It just hit me that it's the phone...I muted media notifications. We'll see if that works when I next drive.)

A few Bond devices would be nice to deal with some of these other drivers (because it's always the others, of course).

Last edited by exl500; 09-28-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by exl500
Stop/start.

How to get that Bluetooth song to stop playing every time I start the car. And I did RTFM. (It just hit me that it's the phone...I muted media notifications. We'll see if that works when I next drive.)
Yeah, I don't know why it does this since I've been driving a 2013 Civic with a similar head unit and it keeps the BT connected all the time. I doubt it's the phone.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AFittingName
Yeah, I don't know why it does this since I've been driving a 2013 Civic with a similar head unit and it keeps the BT connected all the time. I doubt it's the phone.
I want the Bluetooth, it's that Chariots of Fire wannabe song I want gone. :-)

Old 09-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Splat
...No mute button. No pause button for ipod playback...
Pressing the green power button to turn off the stereo is pretty much the same thing as a mute button. The stereo turns back on quickly. For the same reason, the stereo power button is also effectively an iPod pause button.

My biggest gripes with this car is no radio knob, weak backseat A/C.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
What kind of phone? I don't have any bluetooth song that comes up when I turn on the car and it connects to my cellphone, Moto X Pure.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
What kind of phone? I don't have any bluetooth song that comes up when I turn on the car and it connects to my cellphone, Moto X Pure.
Samsung 5. I don't plan on driving again until Thursday, so I'll report back. Hope y'all can sleep in the meantime.

Old 09-28-2015, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
My previous Galaxy SII didn't do that. What version Android are you running?

Old 09-28-2015, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
My previous Galaxy SII didn't do that. What version Android are you running?
Android 5.0. I do think it was that setting though.

Last edited by exl500; 09-28-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bossharp
I think it would be great if Honda give us the option to replace the radio with something else..So many functions for the car are tied to the head unit. I can live with the screen for control of the basics but wish I could just replace the audio.
Pretty common practice these days. Heck, my pals with Ram trucks can't even turn off the radio (Same on Jeeps and other from that company).

Old 10-05-2015, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The gages and display will dim automatically at night UNLESS the dimmer control is set to MAX. Turn the dimmer control one click counterclockwise. See page 128 of the owner's manual.
Thanks this was it. I guess at some point while messing with the new car I must have set it to the highest setting. I backed it down and now the head unit dims when the headlight goes on

Old 10-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Also note that the light sensor needs to sense a dark enough condition for you to adjust the dimmer control even if you've turned the lights on with the switch, another one of those obnoxious "features".

Old 10-10-2015, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member

It did work. No more obnoxious song on startup.

Old 10-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by AFittingName
I don't get the complaining on this in these forums. I'm also 5'10" and I sit with the seat practically all the way forward. The leg space seems very ample to me given the size of the car. It's not very far off from the Civic either. I mean, this IS a small car. Complaining over minor leg room issues is sort of missing the point.
If you were 6'4" perhaps it wouldn't seem such a minor issue.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
With all the taller people on this board, combined with helpfulness and intelligence, is there no way to extend the front seat tracks back 1-2"?

While height might be the same between two people, torso and leg proportions can be markedly different.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
With all the taller people on this board, combined with helpfulness and intelligence, is there no way to extend the front seat tracks back 1-2"?
extend my seat

The problem arises when another driver in the family is 5'0"!

Old 10-12-2015, 05:06 PM
2016 fit
1. Air conditioning (doesnt reach the back well and isnt that cold)
2. Better gear shift (hard to tell what gear your on at night unless you know the feel and used to it)
3. Volume knob (i have the ex-l and it comes with a digital volume knob for audio..)

Old 10-12-2015, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
This Mexican built Fit is a disaster. Will never ever buy another Mexican Honda again. Problems up the ying yan.

My 3 wishes:

1. build it in Japan
2. build it in the USA
3. BUT, don't build it in Mexico

Last edited by jmsc; 10-12-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-12-2015, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Gorilla;1320509]Sound deadening materials would go a long way - this is a noisy car even against the competition of this lesser-class where cars are not known to be quiet to begin with. I was going to try and add about 50lbs of MLV to the floors and door panels and see how that pans out.

LED headlights would be a worthwhile upgrade for Honda. Competitors have it and media tends to flog deficiencies like this these days. For current owners, a retrofit kit is the best option to replace the bad lighting.

Otherwise, no real complaints. Head unit certainly could be better to support Android audio and all that, but you can make similar arguments for nearly all of its competitors due to the technology rapidly changing and making things obsolete before they even come out.[/

Old 10-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Gorilla
Sound deadening materials would go a long way - this is a noisy car even against the competition of this lesser-class where cars are not known to be quiet to begin with. I was going to try and add about 50lbs of MLV to the floors and door panels and see how that pans out.

LED headlights would be a worthwhile upgrade for Honda. Competitors have it and media tends to flog deficiencies like this these days. For current owners, a retrofit kit is the best option to replace the bad lighting.

Otherwise, no real complaints. Head unit certainly could be better to support Android audio and all that, but you can make similar arguments for nearly all of its competitors due to the technology rapidly changing and making things obsolete before they even come out.
Honda is not noted for cutting edge technology in lighting, electronics or some mechanical areas. Hell, my 2006 CR V came with a cassette player. Had to be the last car on Earth with one of those. They tend to be middle of the road, follow the leader. Unfortuntely. Sure would like disc brakes on the rear. Everything works, but nothing to get excited over.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by simonx314
Pressing the green power button to turn off the stereo is pretty much the same thing as a mute button. The stereo turns back on quickly. For the same reason, the stereo power button is also effectively an iPod pause button.
Yours must power on a lot faster than mine does.

Quick Reply: Three wishes for a better Fit