3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone else here starting to feel buyers remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my '15 based on my satisfaction with the '10. These forums generally represent a very small portion of owners, and often focus on the gripes. I'm not discounting any problems presented here, but will not prejudge the car either. In my 5 weeks of ownership and approximately 300 miles of driving, the car is very similar to my '10-with a bunch of nice tech features that work very well. It appears that Honda got the tech right, and that's not always so easy it seems. All of the small nuisances I've experienced with the '10, remain on the '15. Road and engine noise and a so-so A/C are nearly identical. The fuel mileage seems to be noticeably higher on my new '15, and should only improve with break in. I'm very happy so far. No remorse here.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:39 PM
I regret nothing

Old 10-03-2015, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
Almost 29K miles on my '15 and other than the plastic panel issue (which is a problem not limited to the Fit - my 2000 New Beetle did the same thing), I've not really had any significant issues, certainly none like the ones that led me to to bail on my '13 Beetle TDi after only 18 months (after driving VWs for over 20 years - won't buy another new-era VW).

The Fit is not as fun/tossable as the '90 Civic hatch we had years ago, but gets similar fuel economy (the Civic easily bested 40 on highway), and has proven to be quite adept at carrying all sorts of loads, from a car full of coworkers to a dishwasher, lumber, bags of grass seed, and on and on….

I opted for the CVT after reading reviews of the poor 6MT gearing, and while I really do miss rowing my own, the CVT has been quite acceptable, especially on the numerous 16-hour trips I've made this past year visiting my out-of-state Dad (who has advancing dementia). It's certainly less frantic than the 6MT is at highway speeds, and I'm old enough that that is more important than it was when I was a young man.

That said, not everyone "connects" with a car they buy (see my '13 Beetle comment above), and if it's not doing it for you, either learn to live with it, or as soon as your loan situation allows, cut your losses and find something that you can enjoy.

es

Old 10-03-2015, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
No. I'm exceedingly happy with mine. I've driven dozens of makes and models as rentals for decades. This car is better than any of them.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carrier
I really haven't had many problems with my 2015 FIT. I have the dashboard misalignment, and have not had anything recalled. I am waiting for the wheel well liner to start sagging, and am pretty sure once I get my first oil change the plastic underbody cover will fall off.

with all these posts about recalls and issues with how cheaply built this car is, I am starting to regret having traded my 2010 in for this one....

I only have 2K miles on it, and am seriously considering trading it in and going upside-down on my loan to get into something that I'm not just waiting to fall apart.

I really like the look of the FIT, the handling (so far), and the mileage. But with all these issues I think the resale value is going to plummet and maybe I should get out before it's too late.

Anyone else have these feelings recently?

nope. my wife likes her 16' GK-EX. i dont look at the car very closely for a reason. it's fine. it runs, gets her from A to B with cargo space to spare. if it REALLY sucked, i would've just traded it in for another car. bought cash so no strings attached.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by carrier
I really haven't had many problems with my 2015 FIT. I have the dashboard misalignment, and have not had anything recalled. I am waiting for the wheel well liner to start sagging, and am pretty sure once I get my first oil change the plastic underbody cover will fall off.

with all these posts about recalls and issues with how cheaply built this car is, I am starting to regret having traded my 2010 in for this one....

I only have 2K miles on it, and am seriously considering trading it in and going upside-down on my loan to get into something that I'm not just waiting to fall apart.

I really like the look of the FIT, the handling (so far), and the mileage. But with all these issues I think the resale value is going to plummet and maybe I should get out before it's too late.

Anyone else have these feelings recently?
If you trade it now, you are guaranteed to suffer from depreciation in a big way. If you wait for gas to go back up to $4.00+ per gallon, you will appear to be a genius in the eyes of your friends, and resale value will soar!

Old 10-04-2015, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanguard
...If you wait for gas to go back up to $4.00+ per gallon, you will appear to be a genius in the eyes of your friends, and resale value will soar!
According to the vast majority of North American buyers, low gas prices will stay with us forever, so this will never happen. You will retain your Fit forever.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Well, low gas prices (if $2.50 is low) are likely to remain for the life of these cars at least. Expecting $4-5/gal is unreasonable, especially the next 4 years.

No remorse yet really, but only 800mi on it. I'm not totally happy, but then I didn't spend $30K for a "nice" car so I'm not complaining too much if there's a vestigial gear and noisy injectors. I mean, it's a rock bottom economy car; for that, it's pretty decent. I can point to the interior fabric and say, "well this feels a lot cheaper than the Civic's", but of course it does, the car cost $3K less. That comes out of somewhere, a bit here in fabric quality, interior panels, trim, a bit there in QC, a bit over there in noise shielding, some out yonder in metal thickness...

Old 10-04-2015, 08:35 PM
So far the car is good minus the annoying first gear issue. Sometimes I can't put it in first gear. I have to put in second then first. Very random but happens Ina regular basis.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
I've had my 15 Fit LX-CVT (replaced a 2008 Fit Basic auto) for 10 months now (built mid November 2014) and almost 12,000 miles.
Other than the rear end toe out on the drivers side (near but not quite out of spec), I've found nothing wrong with the car. It runs fine, and I'm averaging 40 to 42 mpg commuting back and forth to work.
I really like the car, and for just over $16,000 out the door price, I'm very happy with what I got.
Will have to see where this new CVT recall goes.
Gregg

Old 10-05-2015, 08:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gregg
I've had my 15 Fit LX-CVT (replaced a 2008 Fit Basic auto) for 10 months now (built mid November 2014) and almost 12,000 miles.
Other than the rear end toe out on the drivers side (near but not quite out of spec), I've found nothing wrong with the car. It runs fine, and I'm averaging 40 to 42 mpg commuting back and forth to work.
I really like the car, and for just over $16,000 out the door price, I'm very happy with what I got.
Will have to see where this new CVT recall goes.
Gregg

Interesting. I just had to have the rear axle replaced on my '15 EX, as the toe was far enough out of spec to prematurely wear the right rear tire. Apparently, this isn't an isolated incident.

Still trying to decide whether to buy one new Firestone tire (a mediocre and overpriced tire IMO) to replace the worn one, or to throw away three still good tires and get something else.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vjaramillo
So far the car is good minus the annoying first gear issue. Sometimes I can't put it in first gear. I have to put in second then first. Very random but happens Ina regular basis.
Shift into 1st while rolling to a stop, then to neutral.

This is normal on all MT..some worse than others. The trick helps.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:03 PM
No remorse at all. Rounding 30K in a CVT EX.

Enjoyed the drive feel of the prior generations but no problems so far.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Honda, Fit, and Forum newbie here, and I have no regrets about my 2016 LX 6MT. I've only had the car a couple weeks (and put 900 miles on it--I drive a lot), but so far it has exceeded my expectations in every way.

In the wake of diesel-gate, I ditched my 2012 VW Golf TDI, a car that I absolutely loved until I found out it was a lie. It was driving me crazy, and the mileage was getting up to where I'd have to start paying for some expensive VW repairs soon (owned 3 TDIs, and I knew what was coming), so I got out while I could still trade it for a respectable amount. (Does that make the Fit my rebound car?)

I knew that I'd be stepping down in general build quality and finish, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed by it. I got the base model because it's lighter, and because it was the only MT I could find in my area. But I learned that I can live without all that stuff. It's perfectly fine. Comfortable enough, handles well, gets comparable mileage to my TDI (though to be fair, I hauled a$$ in the TDI and am more conservative in the Fit).

I'm very happy with my decision. Do I wish the gearing were different. Sure. Do I wish it was quieter on the highway? Do I wish for the whoosh and acceleration of a turbo? Sure. But if any of these were deal breakers I would have bought a different car.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tabinekotaro
Honda, Fit, and Forum newbie here, and I have no regrets about my 2016 LX 6MT. I've only had the car a couple weeks (and put 900 miles on it--I drive a lot), but so far it has exceeded my expectations in every way.

In the wake of diesel-gate, I ditched my 2012 VW Golf TDI, a car that I absolutely loved until I found out it was a lie. It was driving me crazy, and the mileage was getting up to where I'd have to start paying for some expensive VW repairs soon (owned 3 TDIs, and I knew what was coming), so I got out while I could still trade it for a respectable amount. (Does that make the Fit my rebound car?)

I knew that I'd be stepping down in general build quality and finish, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed by it. I got the base model because it's lighter, and because it was the only MT I could find in my area. But I learned that I can live without all that stuff. It's perfectly fine. Comfortable enough, handles well, gets comparable mileage to my TDI (though to be fair, I hauled a$$ in the TDI and am more conservative in the Fit).

I'm very happy with my decision. Do I wish the gearing were different. Sure. Do I wish it was quieter on the highway? Do I wish for the whoosh and acceleration of a turbo? Sure. But if any of these were deal breakers I would have bought a different car.
I came out of a 530xi in 2010 and into a new Fit Sport. My wife drives it now, but it's still a great car. I did get the EXL this time, but really enjoy driving both. The head unit in the '10 was replaced with a Pioneer with a large display that fills the entire space. Honda wanted $500 to add BT for phone calls only. The Pioneer gave me BT, Pandora, iPod connectivity and better functionality, video playback, XM, and more. The best part of the Fit was and is the fuel savings. I don't miss larger vehicles or even all wheel drive. Congrats on your new Fit.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:47 PM
After reading all these responses, and considering that I have had no serious issues besides the cosmetic one, I have realized I've become unduly influenced by all the troubles others here on the forum have been having with their 2015's.

I know the car isn't perfect, but it is safer, has much better technology, and it feels like a more solidly built car than my 2010, which I loved. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal for the dollar in the end.

Even though I started this darn thread, I am going to reverse my original train of thought and confidently say I have no regrets and zero buyers remorse with the purchase of my 2015 EX 6speed.

Old 10-07-2015, 02:04 AM
Id like to flip this and ask if after reading the threads of owners having issues that more and more continue, yet you continued to buy yours as if this will NEVER happen to mine yet now you're stuck in a car because you were a tad hard headed. Its your we told you so moment.

Anyone here like with the GK?

See after i read the issues, i begged my dealer to find a 13' sport navi. Im in Wilmington, NC. They found one in my color choice in Pittsburgh. Well out of the mileage to dealer trade. So my dealer bought it. Gave the dealer a buddy pass to fly up and he drove it back.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Id like to flip this and ask if after reading the threads of owners having issues that more and more continue, yet you continued to buy yours as if this will NEVER happen to mine yet now you're stuck in a car because you were a tad hard headed. Its your we told you so moment.

Anyone here like with the GK?

See after i read the issues, i begged my dealer to find a 13' sport navi. Im in Wilmington, NC. They found one in my color choice in Pittsburgh. Well out of the mileage to dealer trade. So my dealer bought it. Gave the dealer a buddy pass to fly up and he drove it back.
I would never buy a used Honda. You only save a couple of thousand dollars off new. Not worth it in my eyes. From what I'm reading there have been problems with the new Fit, but overall most are still satisfied with it. Remember a forum tends to attract people who have a gripe. If I decided not to buy a Fit, I would probably buy something else new. Either a Versa Note or the Kia Soul, or similar. I've got a 2016 from Japan on order that should be here in about a month. I still have faith in Honda.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:59 AM
5 Year Member
I'll reiterate I couldn't be happier, and I know at least one other person who feels the same. Hardly scientific, but neither are these anecdotal posts. True Delta continues to have the car highly rated.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AFittingName
Well, low gas prices (if $2.50 is low) are likely to remain for the life of these cars at least. Expecting $4-5/gal is unreasonable, especially the next 4 years.
And when I was in sixth grade our science teacher said we'd all have flying cars like the Jetsons by the time we were 50 years old. Still waiting.

All it takes is one Crazy Eddie event and prices will go ballistic. If you're really from Chicago and were around in August you'll remember what happened when the BP Whiting refinery went down unexpectedly. Gas shot up $1 literally overnight and in some parts of the city it's still more than $3.50/gal.

Quick Reply: Anyone else here starting to feel buyers remorse?