3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone else here starting to feel buyers remorse?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
And when I was in sixth grade our science teacher said we'd all have flying cars like the Jetsons by the time we were 50 years old. Still waiting.

All it takes is one Crazy Eddie event and prices will go ballistic. If you're really from Chicago and were around in August you'll remember what happened when the BP Whiting refinery went down unexpectedly. Gas shot up $1 literally overnight and in some parts of the city it's still more than $3.50/gal.
Can you say "price gouging?" I thought you could.

Here this is an regional gas/convenience market chain called Mapco (Delta, Express whatever). A manager is in charge of 3 or 4 stores and sets the gas prices. The prices vary from $2.299 to $1.999. A key tag gets a 3 cent discount. With the store nearest me I'm paying $1.989 with the discount. The store is only about a quarter mile away, not worth the trip to save another 2 cents (less than 8 miles).

BTW, my daughter in law is from Lamont, IL.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I do regret buying it.
It's extremely practical, I love that and that's why I chose it, but I usually travel at 80-90mph and wind noise is extremely intrusive at those speeds, I've checked it with a meter and noise is over 95db.
I don't think I'll keep the car for more than a couple of years.
Other B-segment cars sold here like the Peugeot 208, Renault Clio or the Kia Rio HB are much quieter at high speed.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gusvera
I do regret buying it... I usually travel at 80-90mph and wind noise is extremely intrusive at those speeds, I've checked it with a meter and noise is over 95db...
Interesting. Here in Ontario at 92 mph/150kph you'd be charged with stunt driving:
  • Immediate seven day licence suspension of the driver of the vehicle.
  • Immediate seven day vehicle impoundment of the vehicle being driven at the time of the incident.
  • Fine amounts ranging from $2,000 - $1r f up to two years
  • Six demerit points registered on your record
Overall It'd probably cost you $3-4,000CAD here in Ontario to get your car back from impound. Your insurance would probably triple. Our highway speed limit is 62mph/100kph, so 80-90mph is very excessive.

I don't think the Fit was designed to do 80-90 mph in comfort. Your gas mileage must be terrible. At 95db you really should be wearing ear protection, or risk hearing loss.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
I do regret buying it.
It's extremely practical, I love that and that's why I chose it, but I usually travel at 80-90mph and wind noise is extremely intrusive at those speeds, I've checked it with a meter and noise is over 95db.
I don't think I'll keep the car for more than a couple of years.
Other B-segment cars sold here like the Peugeot 208, Renault Clio or the Kia Rio HB are much quieter at high speed.
The solution is, of course, SLOW DOWN. I haven't taken a long enough road trip in the Fit yet to verify, but the other 3 Hondas I've owned, but they had a natural cruising speed between 70-80 mph with 2 to 3 passengers. 90 mph is flailing the car

BTW, what's the highway death toll in your country?

Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Interesting. Here in Ontario at 92 mph/150kph you'd be charged with stunt driving:
  • Immediate seven day licence suspension of the driver of the vehicle.
  • Immediate seven day vehicle impoundment of the vehicle being driven at the time of the incident.
  • Fine amounts ranging from $2,000 - $1r f up to two years
  • Six demerit points registered on your record
Overall It'd probably cost you $3-4,000CAD here in Ontario to get your car back from impound. Your insurance would probably triple. Our highway speed limit is 62mph/100kph, so 80-90mph is very excessive.

I don't think the Fit was designed to do 80-90 mph in comfort. Your gas mileage must be terrible. At 95db you really should be wearing ear protection, or risk hearing loss.
That's why I regret the FIT, as you say, spending 3-4 hours at 95db is NOT good for your hearing.

The ticket for speeding was less than USD 100 at the beginning of the year, has been recently raised to USD 230, control is unfrequent, I've been caught only once in the last 10-15 years and travelling at 80 you will get passed by Porsches, BWWs and the like.

BUT this is a third world country and interstate policemen have an extremely bad salary so, if you're good with it, you may 'avoid' the ticket with just 20-40 USD (not proud of this).

Old 10-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
The solution is, of course, SLOW DOWN. I haven't taken a long enough road trip in the Fit yet to verify, but the other 3 Hondas I've owned, but they had a natural cruising speed between 70-80 mph with 2 to 3 passengers. 90 mph is flailing the car

BTW, what's the highway death toll in your country?
Highway death toll is not very high because there's not so much traffic.
Don't imagine US traffic level; returning from the beach on a sunday afternoon you won't be doing 90, but on week days, outside the rush hours, you will probably be driving with no other car in sight on several stretches of the highway.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
...BTW, what's the highway death toll in your country?
Road deaths per 100,000 (estimated)
Canada 8.8
China 16.5
France 7.5
Mexico 20.7
Uruguay 4.3
USA 13.9
UK 5.4

Uruguay is safer than Canada, USA, France and Britain! Perhaps a side benefit of legalized marijuana? Carry on!

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 10-08-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:33 AM
Canada 8.8
China 16.5
France 7.5
Mexico 20.7
Uruguay 4.3
USA 13.9
UK 5.4

Uruguay is safer than Canada, USA, France and Britain! Perhaps a side benefit of legalized marijuana? Carry on!

Legalized marihuana is not yet sold, it will be sold starting march/april 2016, let's see how it affects the highway death rate!

Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Canada 8.8
China 16.5
France 7.5
Mexico 20.7
Uruguay 4.3
USA 13.9
UK 5.4

Once again, a matter of demographics and population density AND enforcement. Per 100 thousand what? Miles driven? People? Cars? Paved roads? Drivers? As an accountant I know that there a lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Legalized marijuana? Yeah, sure, right ... just more impaired driving.

Last edited by KentFinn; 10-08-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:23 PM
3 months into owning my 2015 FIT and I have nothing but regrets. I'm starting to experience all the little issues that has been stated on these forums including the saggy bumper, increased panel gap, not being able to shift into 1st, and the most frustrating one of all, the touchscreen freezing and not working. Really sucks for long road trips I guess its all the little things that add up to make this car a bad decision.

Ive already contacted my local Honda dealership and thankfully they are refunding me the extended warranty I purchased. I may even try to get them to buy the car back. I tried so hard to like this car, it being my first Honda, but all its done is left a sour taste in my mouth. I guess this is a lesson learned to never buy a 1st year vehicle again.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:14 PM
I honestly haven't found a single thing I dislike about my GK5. No noticeable increase in bumper gap (which is something I would be overly anal about), no probs with touch screen, no recalls so far (waiting for VIN update on the CVT issue)...I love it :shrug: Only thing I can complain about is that the arm rests on the doors could do with some padding.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
No! I did my research and the car has exceeded my expectations. It gives me everything I was looking for.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

Legalized marihuana is not yet sold, it will be sold starting march/april 2016, let's see how it affects the highway death rate!
Drunks go 80 mph and think they're doing 30 mph, stoners go 30 mph and think they're doing 80. You probably won't see any difference.

Stoned drivers are a lot safer than drunk ones, new federal data show - The Washington Post

Old 10-09-2015, 12:02 AM
No buyer's remorse from me.

After essentially being forced to buy a new car in two days (long story), I did keep checking this forum and virtual car shopping during my 30 day return window. Even then I still kept coming back to the Fit as being the most practical, affordable, and fun car for me.

Other than my weird odometer reading last week (I started a thread for that), I don't have a single problem with my Fit. It's a December 2014 build, EX-CVT. Nothing is falling off; nothing is tearing. Other than some dirt, it looks and behaves like I just pulled it off the lot. I've had it for almost 6 months.

I don't think wind noise is an issue. I do go on the freeway at 70 mph and still wonder what wind noise? I'm either deaf, have the music up too loud, or totally oblivious. The seats are comfortable. It's done everything I've asked of it comfortably and without issue.

Even if I had to do it all over again, I'd still buy the Fit.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
Drunks go 80 mph and think they're doing 30 mph, stoners go 30 mph and think they're doing 80. You probably won't see any difference.

Stoned drivers are a lot safer than drunk ones, new federal data show - The Washington Post
80 mph drunks or 30 mph stoners, both are distracted and dangerous drivers. I'm sure the woman was not stoned (40 years ago), just a blue haired little old lady. I and about 10 other cars were behind her on a two lane highway between Nashville and Lebanon. She never broke 30 mph. I was directly behind her. Several cars broke the solid yellow line rule and zoomed by both of us. The woman created a moving road hazard (30 mph) and those passing 2 or 3 cars at a time were endangering the whole bunch of us at 80 plus mph. I finally got by her, 5 miles from the goal.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Love it!

I read all these gripes, and have to laugh.

"My other car" is a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van.

Turbo-Diesel. Made for commercial use.

Mercedes- Benz. Least reliable vehicle I have ever had or known of, and everything that goes wrong is a total mystery - it takes a lot of detective work and usually winds up costing a LOT to fix.

I guess it's OK for UPS & FedEx because they have their own mechanics who become familiar with the over-engineered works (Why have a mere switch to turn something on when a switch-operated relay looks so "cool"?)

My last car was a 2004 (built in '03) Mini - Cooper: NEVER failed to get me where I was going for 120,000 miles.

I'm lovin' my 2015 fit which cost about 10K less than a new Cooper, and handles just as well.

-Oly

Old 11-23-2015, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oly2
I read all these gripes, and have to laugh.

"My other car" is a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van.

Turbo-Diesel. Made for commercial use.

Mercedes- Benz. Least reliable vehicle I have ever had or known of, and everything that goes wrong is a total mystery - it takes a lot of detective work and usually winds up costing a LOT to fix.

I guess it's OK for UPS & FedEx because they have their own mechanics who become familiar with the over-engineered works (Why have a mere switch to turn something on when a switch-operated relay looks so "cool"?)

My last car was a 2004 (built in '03) Mini - Cooper: NEVER failed to get me where I was going for 120,000 miles.

I'm lovin' my 2015 fit which cost about 10K less than a new Cooper, and handles just as well.

-Oly
Good to hear those kinds of comments. Every time I start to nit pick my 2015 Fit I find a million other reasons why I love it. It is so functional!

Old 11-30-2015, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ex-MA Hole
I'm in the same boat. My 2010 Sport was one of my most favorite cars that I have owned. My 2015 is an EX and it is one of my least favorite. I have tried to trade it for a bit but am so upside down in my loan, no one will touch me.

It's superior in every way- but it's just cold and soulless. I can't put my finger on it, but it's just meh....

I feel the same way. I can't trade mine in because I'm upside down, but this is so far the only car I've ever owned that I've had no kind of attachment to. Totally feels cold and lifeless.

But the new civic.. Hot damn I might have to just suck it up and deal with the bigger down payment at this point because I likey.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gina*Baby
...But the new civic.. Hot damn I might have to just suck it up and deal with the bigger down payment at this point because I likey.
Be very careful of the sex and sizzle. Your 2015 Fit was a new design in the first year, and has some teething issues. The new 2016 Civic is a new design in its first year, and certainly will have its own teething issues. It would be unfortunate for you to jump from one first year car to yet another first year car.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gina*Baby
I feel the same way. I can't trade mine in because I'm upside down, but this is so far the only car I've ever owned that I've had no kind of attachment to. Totally feels cold and lifeless.

But the new civic.. Hot damn I might have to just suck it up and deal with the bigger down payment at this point because I likey.
I really wanted to like the new Civic, but from what I can see, it's grown in size, yet again. I can remember when the Accord was smaller than the previous generation Civic. I just don't like that cars keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm not getting bigger. My garage isn't getting bigger. Why should my car keep getting bigger?

I'm at the point in life where I could afford to drive most any car I wanted (okay, within reason), and I chose the Fit because I LIKE small cars. Besides, If my car was any longer I couldn't store the Harley ahead of it in the garage, so.....

Quick Reply: Anyone else here starting to feel buyers remorse?