3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Fit and Finish on the 2015 Honda Fit vs. other cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
When I was car shopping, I looked at a Prius C as an alternative to the Fit. It was a little more expensive (If equipping similar to the Fit) but got better gas mileage. I didn't care for the acceleration though, talk about SLOOOoooooow! Also felt very vague while driving. But if you can get it as a year end deal I can see how it'd be an attractive choice. The better gas mileage depending on how many miles you drive, can really make up the difference in up front cost in no time too.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
The Prius is a pretty intriguing car and was the car of choice in my hypermiling club. Using proper techniques there was no problem eking out 80-100mpg.
Does "FUELLY", even have room in it's display for an additional digit (100.8 Avg MPG)?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
I used a car share service before I got my Fit and drove the Prius C quite a bit. I would never buy that car personally because of the very small rear window and the sluggishness while driving. At one point I felt like Fred Flintstone trying to accelerate.

I love how the Fit has large windows all around, especially since I live in the city and need to be wary of cyclists and pedestrians (Honda Lane Watch is especially good for seeing cyclists who try and sneak up on you).

But having said all that, I still chose to drive the Prius C over the others available in the fleet. It is definitely great with mileage and the finish is very good.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
When I was car shopping, I looked at a Prius C as an alternative to the Fit. It was a little more expensive (If equipping similar to the Fit) but got better gas mileage. I didn't care for the acceleration though, talk about SLOOOoooooow! Also felt very vague while driving. But if you can get it as a year end deal I can see how it'd be an attractive choice. The better gas mileage depending on how many miles you drive, can really make up the difference in up front cost in no time too.
Trust me, I have no problem with the slower acceleration of my daughters Prius. Now, if I could just get my older daughter to slow down in her 2015 Fit, we would be in business.

In my view, she accelerates too fast and brakes too hard! I suspect sitting in the passenger seat, rather than the drivers, has something to do with my perspective of the movement the car is making.

When I was shopping for my middle daughters Prius, I tried to tempt her with the Prius C, which runs slightly cheaper than the regular Prius (even now with the heavily discounted sale for the 2015 models). She had no interest at all. It seems that in her capacity as the drive-thru cashier for our local Chick-Fil-A, she had made up her mind on which car she liked, after viewing hundreds of cars daily, for several years. I was even scolded when I suggested the "Really Red" version of red Toyota carries, rather than the "Barcelona Red", she wanted.

In her defense however, I did offer to get her the Prius 3, that included the moonroof and navigation, but she refused that as well. She wanted the Prius 2, base model, in Barcelona Red, and nothing else. I was able to convince her to let me install all weather mats and cargo tray, on the pretense it would protect her car's interior floor. She also "allowed me", to have her car tinted, but only with the same 55% we had installed on her sister's Honda Fit, and nothing darker (except the 18% used for her sun strip on the windshield).

Last edited by Vanguard; 10-28-2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling, of course!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kmcg_989
I used a car share service before I got my Fit and drove the Prius C quite a bit. I would never buy that car personally because of the very small rear window and the sluggishness while driving. At one point I felt like Fred Flintstone trying to accelerate.

I love how the Fit has large windows all around, especially since I live in the city and need to be wary of cyclists and pedestrians (Honda Lane Watch is especially good for seeing cyclists who try and sneak up on you).

But having said all that, I still chose to drive the Prius C over the others available in the fleet. It is definitely great with mileage and the finish is very good.
I also preferred the rear view of the Honda Fit (we have owned both the 2008 and now the 2015 version). In fact, as were returning from the Tint shop yesterday, I mentioned to my son how I did not care for the "split" glass view the Prius has. The top section clears with the rear window wiper, but the lower section does not (it was raining as we drove home).

The "Lanewatch" is also a very nice feature, and I think Honda has the others beat in that category. I wish my 2007 Honda Odyssey had it, and should I ever trade for another van (or pilot), it will be the feature to beat when comparing alternatives.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy

I don't usually comment much on looks but that is a nose and mouth only a mother can love. Frankly I'd consider a Mazda3 rather than this Scion/Mazda2. 1.5L engine with 102hp? But maybe the fit and finish is much better than the Honda Fit, and no CVT, just a regular and reliable automatic.

I liked the Kia Rio and especially the Hyundai Accent but their rear visibility is through a very small rear window. No backup camera, so we said no. The Accent drives very nicely.
The only car we still have that does not have a rear view camera is our 2007 Honda Odyssey. I am convinced that when we do get around to selling it, we will take a huge hit, because it does not have that feature. It certainly dates the automobile.

It will be that auto that we will be selling to help offset the cost of a new car for my youngest son, and we won't be getting his car for several more years. Because of that, I encourage him to save a greater percentage of his paycheck all the time (so he can make a larger down payment and get the car he wants, not necessarily the car we can afford).

To me, it is like a used computer with an older processor. Sure, it will do a bang up job of checking your email, but no one buys old slow used computers for anything other than scrap.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:44 PM

I don't usually comment much on looks but that is a nose and mouth only a mother can love. Frankly I'd consider a Mazda3 rather than this Scion/Mazda2. 1.5L engine with 102hp? But maybe the fit and finish is much better than the Honda Fit, and no CVT, just a regular and reliable automatic.

I liked the Kia Rio and especially the Hyundai Accent but their rear visibility is through a very small rear window. No backup camera, so we said no. The Accent drives very nicely.
That is an ass ugly car. Last time I checked Mazda was the lowest on the Japanese quality scale vs other Japanese makes (most likely due to Ford partnership)

Old 10-28-2015, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Xtina

That is an ass ugly car. Last time I checked Mazda was the lowest on the Japanese quality scale vs other Japanese makes (most likely due to Ford partnership)
The 2015 Consumer Reports Reliability Survey rates Mazda very highly at 4th place. Honda dropped 4 positions down to 8th. Chart. I think Honda's CVT and infotainment center is giving them trouble. Mazda has opted for their reliable automatic transmission instead, thereby increasing their reliability rating.

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 10-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
Do you realize Ford has bot been part of Mazda for pushing 8 or 9 years now? I further surmise that Mazda quality is right in line with any other vehicle brand still assembling in Japan. I find it sad that your information is not just outdated, it is downright inaccurate. That said, you have the right to post and think whatever you want just like everybody else here.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Mazda > Honda in 2015.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
who owns who

_

Old 10-29-2015, 12:01 AM
Looks like those fish that stick to the side of the fish tank with their mouths.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phenoyz
who owns who

_
That chart dates from before the great recession. Since then, Ford spun off most of those companies to stave off bankruptcy. "Daimler Chrysler" no longer exists. Fiat now owns Chrysler. Pontiac no longer exists. Need I go on?

Old 10-29-2015, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
And where is Acura?

Old 10-29-2015, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
That chart dates from before the great recession. Since then, Ford spun off most of those companies to stave off bankruptcy. "Daimler Chrysler" no longer exists. Fiat now owns Chrysler. Pontiac no longer exists. Need I go on?
My bad, can you post an updated chart

Old 10-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
The first letter of the VIN tells the story.
First letter tells the origin country of the manufacturer, not where the car is ACTUALLY assembled.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:40 PM
It's all about making profit for manufacturers and it's not surprising Honda is following footsteps of many others - using cheap parts, cheap labor and cheap design. All these are clearly seen on 3rd gen Fit which were not seen previous gen Fit. Actually I was surprised I was able to buy my 2015 EX CVT under $19K OTD. So, I shouldn't complain too much.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chazman
First letter tells the origin country of the manufacturer, not where the car is ACTUALLY assembled.
If that was true, then the first letter in your VIN would also be "J".

Old 10-29-2015, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
Well both of you are correct at some level.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl...rer_identifier

The first character of the WMI is the region in which the manufacturer is located. In practice, each is assigned to a country of manufacture, although in Europe the country where the continental headquarters is located can assign the WMI to all vehicles produced in that region.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:24 AM
This myth about Toyota reliability is absolute garbage.

My family had a Toyota Camry with the 4 cylinder engine. The bottom of it let go exactly 1 week after the warranty ended. They gave us no help and we even went to the regional manager who basically told us we were screwed.

Keep believing in Santa and the Easter Bunny if you want but the truth about Toyota and their garbage products is out there.

Top 325 Complaints and Reviews about Toyota Engine Problems

Quick Reply: Fit and Finish on the 2015 Honda Fit vs. other cars