3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is something wrong with my windshield wiper program.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Is something wrong with my windshield wiper program.

My windshield wiper is kinda very annoying with loud noise it makes. Level1 setting seems to be too slow. Level2 setting is too fast. When it rains little more, none of them working fine. Level2 makes noise with dry wind shield (being too fast for moderate rain). Any one noticed this thing.
My accord has two modes and multiple levels to set in each mode. Fit is missing something.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:50 AM
Originally Posted by ritholtz
My windshield wiper is kinda very annoying with loud noise it makes. Level1 setting seems to be too slow. Level2 setting is too fast. When it rains little more, none of them working fine. Level2 makes noise with dry wind shield (being too fast for moderate rain). Any one noticed this thing.
My accord has two modes and multiple levels to set in each mode. Fit is missing something.
I wouldn't think that is broken but I've noticed that I'm not too happy with speeds over the last few days too. There is no intermittent setting that is adjustable. Just slow as hell, too fast for light rain, or torrential downpour fast. I'm used to using a moderately fast speed on the intermittent setting in my truck or our Honda Odyssey. On a wet road with traffic splashing mist onto the windshield, the slowest setting is useless but the medium is too fast and leads to a bouncy wiper without enough water to keep it gliding. In a light to medium rain, the medium setting works just fine but I think if I ever truly need the fastest setting, I'll be more worried about the tornados and hurricanes chasing me to worry about a little rain. That setting is serious as hell. Lol!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe this mod will work on the GK?? https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-non-navi.html

Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BeauDiddley
I wouldn't think that is broken but I've noticed that I'm not too happy with speeds over the last few days too. There is no intermittent setting that is adjustable. Just slow as hell, too fast for light rain, or torrential downpour fast. I'm used to using a moderately fast speed on the intermittent setting in my truck or our Honda Odyssey. On a wet road with traffic splashing mist onto the windshield, the slowest setting is useless but the medium is too fast and leads to a bouncy wiper without enough water to keep it gliding. In a light to medium rain, the medium setting works just fine but I think if I ever truly need the fastest setting, I'll be more worried about the tornados and hurricanes chasing me to worry about a little rain. That setting is serious as hell. Lol!
It has only 3 levels. Honda needs add more granularity. Have you tried any alternatives to fix bouncy wiper making noise with medium setting.

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Maybe this mod will work on the GK?? https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-non-navi.html
That looks good. I will check it out and see if I can manage this mod.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
I'm thinking another source for the intermittent stalk mod would be the HR-V, eh?

Personally I just go with the single swipe a lot. Is it annoying? Fer sure -- but I'd be surprised if any other car in the Fit's price range had more than one intermittent setting too.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
After reading this whole thread, I think I may just try this using the stalk from the 2016 HRV. The part number is 35256-TV0-A11. I'll be talking to the service manager at my dealer this Saturday during the New Owner Orientation Program that they do on the 1st Saturday of each month. I'll also be talking to him about the few mods that I'd like to do and whether they will be an issue with the HondaCare extended warranty that I purchased. We'll see how it goes.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
My blades, at a year old, started to squeal at nearly every speed. I tried cleaning the window with Windex as suggested by a Google search. Still noisy.

Then I went to the auto store and bought some new blades -- the best ones were on sale. No more squealing!

Old 12-03-2015, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
My blades, at a year old, started to squeal at nearly every speed. I tried cleaning the window with Windex as suggested by a Google search. Still noisy.

Then I went to the auto store and bought some new blades -- the best ones were on sale. No more squealing!
you got a year out of them? I got the car in late May and my wipers always squealed a bit, but it's way worse now that it's cold. I was at Costco a few weeks ago and was surprised to find they didn't carry the 14-inch blade, then I went online and saw that the 14-inch is not as common as the 28-inch ... there's still a good selection but it's more limited.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by bach
you got a year out of them? I got the car in late May and my wipers always squealed a bit, but it's way worse now that it's cold. I was at Costco a few weeks ago and was surprised to find they didn't carry the 14-inch blade, then I went online and saw that the 14-inch is not as common as the 28-inch ... there's still a good selection but it's more limited.
I'm a little OCD about my wipers streaking/squeaking, and replace them at least twice a year. Doesn't help I'm in the high desert and the rubber dries out pretty fast.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bach
but I'd be surprised if any other car in the Fit's price range had more than one intermittent setting too.
My '10 Nissan Versa that I gave my daughter and why I bought the '15 Fit has variable intermittent front and one speed intermittent on the rear!

Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Get Rain X!